The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

It really depends on whether or not the manager picks him in his first eleven. If he does, then he'll almost certainly start. If not, then he'll have to settle for a place on the substitutes bench.

And one thing's for sure, if he wants to get on the scoresheet tonight he'll have to get the ball in the back of the net.

Just now, cosmic said:

And one thing's for sure, if he wants to get on the scoresheet tonight he'll have to get the ball in the back of the net.

Whilst conforming to the official rules of association football of course.

Classic post on Martin from fof forum:

Come on guys, we are going into battle here, didnt you know Martin comes from the Latin name Martinus, which is a late derived form of the name of the Roman god Mars, the protective godhead of the Latins, and therefore the god of war ? You are berating a direct ascendant from the god of war for god sake. Talking of ascendants....

Some here say he has acted like a bit of a rat, but he can be forgiven for that, as its just in his genes and inherited from his grandad, one of the most famous rats from a pack, Dean Martin. If you dont believe me, check out the resemblance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Martin

Some people say his performances have been a joke. Again not his fault, as he inherits this trait from his dad, the great comic actor Steve Martin, so we should give him the utmost leeway, as deep down, he only wants to make us laugh, and at times he has not only made me laugh, but also cry, so we should be applauding this comic acting genius, not berating him. 

On the 31st of July we have his brother, Ricky Martin's International Ricky Martin day, where we can surely pull some strings and get some pre season in against the top Puerto Rico sides before Leyton Orient get there first. An absolute must. 

Now finally, his adopted  half brother,  was the famous sprinter 'Roy the Rocket Martin', for which we should be grateful too, as he clearly picked up some sprint tips when he ran half the pitch in the first half on Saturday to close their keeper down. A friend of mine said he looked like our old Sunday league mate 'churney the bulldozer' , thus named for his size and insistence to eat a massive fry up at the local cafe before every game. I wasn't having this though, so actually watched a re-run of the game and carefully and accurately  timed that half pitch sprint. I then converted this speed / distance ratio to what time he would have actually completed the 100m if travelling with the same thundering galloping gusto, and showed my pal. 18.35 seconds, almost a second quicker that the bulldozer. That shut him up. 

I am truly quite upset by the comments about Chris, and in protest have now even bought a Fulham shirt with his name on the back, ( the shop said it was the last one, or only one, i cant remember ) Anyway,  I can wear it now forever more at every game. This way, when he is back at Derby next season, ripping up trees, scoring once every 8 games, you'll be reminded of him, sad faced as you look down at me from your seat, his name plastered across my back, as I pay homage to him in the most fitting way possible, by tucking into my 4th pie. 

:thumbsup:

Whenever I've seen Fulham play, they look better without Martin tbf because Martin hampers their pressing ability to a touch. If they still had Mousa Dembele(Celtic) in this team, they would have been certs for the top 2 for me. He'd have a field day playing in this current team with tom cairney's creative ability being used to its maximum .

51 minutes ago, cosmic said:

^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^ NAIL HEAD HIT!!!!

And that's exactly what old Slobodan needs to be telling Chris in his pre match team talk. Unless of course Chris isn't selected today, in which case he should tell one of the other players. 

Personally l thought he was a bit unlucky to be taken off last Saturday and he was for much of the game isolated - rarely did anyone in white get close enough to him, and the wide players (Ayite in particular) were woeful.  Strange seeing they were at home, but Reading did a number on them. He did put in a decent shift (or as good as you can expect from him) but the game reinforced the fact for me that he himself is not very influential. He doesn't make things happen. When a team is playing well collectively he contributes and zips it about with the best of them, chipping in with goals too, but he isn't one to create 'something out of nothing' like many top strikers do.  I think he will start tonight as they might prefer to sit back with him highest up the park, and counter attack at speed. Looking forward to it as my lad is a Fulham fan and l would like him to get a Wembley trip under his belt.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Classic post on Martin from fof forum:

Come on guys, we are going into battle here, didnt you know Martin comes from the Latin name Martinus, which is a late derived form of the name of the Roman god Mars, the protective godhead of the Latins, and therefore the god of war ? You are berating a direct ascendant from the god of war for god sake. Talking of ascendants....

Some here say he has acted like a bit of a rat, but he can be forgiven for that, as its just in his genes and inherited from his grandad, one of the most famous rats from a pack, Dean Martin. If you dont believe me, check out the resemblance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Martin

Some people say his performances have been a joke. Again not his fault, as he inherits this trait from his dad, the great comic actor Steve Martin, so we should give him the utmost leeway, as deep down, he only wants to make us laugh, and at times he has not only made me laugh, but also cry, so we should be applauding this comic acting genius, not berating him. 

On the 31st of July we have his brother, Ricky Martin's International Ricky Martin day, where we can surely pull some strings and get some pre season in against the top Puerto Rico sides before Leyton Orient get there first. An absolute must. 

Now finally, his adopted  half brother,  was the famous sprinter 'Roy the Rocket Martin', for which we should be grateful too, as he clearly picked up some sprint tips when he ran half the pitch in the first half on Saturday to close their keeper down. A friend of mine said he looked like our old Sunday league mate 'churney the bulldozer' , thus named for his size and insistence to eat a massive fry up at the local cafe before every game. I wasn't having this though, so actually watched a re-run of the game and carefully and accurately  timed that half pitch sprint. I then converted this speed / distance ratio to what time he would have actually completed the 100m if travelling with the same thundering galloping gusto, and showed my pal. 18.35 seconds, almost a second quicker that the bulldozer. That shut him up. 

I am truly quite upset by the comments about Chris, and in protest have now even bought a Fulham shirt with his name on the back, ( the shop said it was the last one, or only one, i cant remember ) Anyway,  I can wear it now forever more at every game. This way, when he is back at Derby next season, ripping up trees, scoring once every 8 games, you'll be reminded of him, sad faced as you look down at me from your seat, his name plastered across my back, as I pay homage to him in the most fitting way possible, by tucking into my 4th pie. 

:thumbsup:

Typical or it just suits your argument say it is?

ill grant that opinions I've seen tend to be more 50/50 than with Derby fans but that's counting the 'OMG GET HIM OUT OUR CLUB NOW' types who he will never get back on side. 

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not surprised, they didn't bother playing to him last match.

Yeah, no doubt that was the plan. 

You have quite a go at Toddy and Ninos on this subject, but you can be just as one eyed imo.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You have quite a go at Toddy and Ninos on this subject, but you are just as one eyed imo.

Yeah yeah yeah ... looks like you've explained in your previous post what I've been banging on about for ages :

" ... the game reinforced the fact for me that he himself is not very influential. He doesn't make things happen. When a team is playing well collectively he contributes and zips it about with the best of them, chipping in with goals too, but he isn't one to create 'something out of nothing' like many top strikers do."

And thusly, he's, as you infer, definitely not a top striker. 

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You have quite a go at Toddy and Ninos on this subject, but you can be just as one eyed imo.

The manager put him in, the players hardly played the ball to him or even for him to chase and certainly no crosses. That's not one-eyed mate.

Archived