The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting tactics.

reading were disciplined, and pressed.

when we played fulham we stood off, got deeper and deeper, and gifted them 68% possession.

(we won due to their dodgy keeper).

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He nodded in a simple rebound from the keeper, if Martin had been on it would have been him.

Look at the build up, he started it with a lovely ball, tracked the move and followed up to be in the right place to head home. Great goal. Not saying Martin couldn't have done that. But he didn't. 

8 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Look at the build up, he started it with a lovely ball, tracked the move and followed up to be in the right place to head home. Great goal. Not saying Martin couldn't have done that.

He passed it out wide and ran into the box. All this happened not long after he fouled Williams in the box, and should have given away a penalty. But he didn't.

21 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

For me, the best individual performance at Pride Park this season

He's so hard to stop. 

Usually it's the deep midfield that runs the show but he's the furthest forward!

Stick your holding midfielder on him and chances are he's getting taken for a walk. Stick a different midfielder on him and they'll end up with a spare midfielder. Park the bus and their full-backs will eviscerate you. 

Only way to stop them and him is to either go man for man or be better than them!

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He passed it out wide and ran into the box. All this happened not long after he fouled Williams in the box, and should have given away a penalty. But he didn't.

Wow, didn't know you had such a downer on him. Or is it that you just can't recognise a good bit of play from anyone who doesn't play for Derby? Or do you hate the fact that he's a better player than Martin?

Or just that you don't know very much about football?

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Wow, didn't know you had such a downer on him. Or is it that you just can't recognise a good bit of play from anyone who doesn't play for Derby? Or do you hate the fact that he's a better player than Martin?

Or just that you don't know very much about football?

Lol. Insults and sarcasm - the last refuge of...

I don't have a downer on him, but you were bigging him up so much I thought he was Messi's twin bro!

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're posting in the Wardrobe Watch, why are you surprised there are posts about CM?

Er .  I haven't indicated I'm surprised. I'm just intrigued from your posts that you appear to think that Martin is some sort of super striker

3 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Er .  I haven't indicated I'm surprised. I'm just intrigued from your posts that you appear to think that Martin is some sort of super striker

Check out his record for us and tell me which of our strikers in the recent past how ever long gets near. Oh and I'm a bit of a fan of Stevie Howard too!

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 19:34, RamNut said:

CM did nothing wrong: some nice touches, but the ball never reached him.

fulham never really got going.

they were out muscled.

disciplined pressing and some cynical time wasting from Reading.

Spot on re CM RamNut. 

On 2017-4-22 at 18:00, toddy said:

No, I told Rynny two months ago , wolves were coming in for  Martin.

Lambert wants him, but Fulham have first refusal.

Ahem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39896628

Paul Lambert's role as Wolves head coach is in doubt because of a dispute over who has the final say in signing players, reports BBC Radio 5 live.

The 47-year-old, who was appointed in November after Walter Zenga's sacking, has concerns about agent Jorge Mendes' involvement in the recruitment process.

Wolves started well under Zenga after making 12 summer signings, several of which were arranged by Mendes.

But the Italian left after 14 games and Wolves finished 15th under Lambert.

Former Norwich, Aston Villa and Blackburn boss Lambert guided Wolves to Championship survival, mainly thanks to a five-game winning run from March to early April.

Analysis

Pat Murphy, BBC Radio 5 live

Lambert and Wolves could part company soon because Lambert believes he is going to lose control over recruiting players, with renowned agent Mendes winning the power battle.

Mendes advises Wolves' Chinese owners Fosun and brought a number of players to the club last summer when Fosun took over. But many of them were failures. The standout success was Helder Costa and Lambert recognises Mendes got that one right.

He is happy to use Mendes' contacts and recommendations, as long as Lambert has the final say. Lambert said at Tuesday's end-of-season awards what a privilege it is to manage Wolves, but he has clear ideas about the sort of players he wants to buy this summer - mostly British.

But his recommendations are being knocked back as Fosun continue to back agent rather than manager.

Just to highlight the last part.

23 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Will he start tonight?

It really depends on whether or not the manager picks him in his first eleven. If he does, then he'll almost certainly start. If not, then he'll have to settle for a place on the substitutes bench.

Archived