The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

15 minutes ago, toddy said:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/01/14/chris-martins-agent-wanted-28000-from-fulham-amid-derby-interest/321708/

Here is a link, a bit of googling and you find a lot on it.

I do stress it's not where I got it from, but hey somebody said there was nothing on Google. 

Must sports journos are aware of the Fulham saga, so nothing really new.

Also expect a large bid coming in for Martin if Fulham don't take up their contract on him. :thumbsup:

Hope the link works as I am sat on a beach in Somerset, trying to get this tablet to connect to the net.

If that's not your proof then why have you previously claimed to personally know the journalist Simon Austin that is mentioned in the article??? Are you sure that you're in Somerset and not on planet Toddy AGAIN? :poke:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an odd one. 

We know Martin is very good at two things - holding the ball up (no9), and knitting the forwards and midfielders (no10). So you could argue he's a bit of both. It was a success because you had the likes of Hendrick, Bryson, Ward, Russell going beyond Martin and he would usually pick them out. Martin then rejoins the attack.

Where Martin is ineffective, is asking him to do what Nugent does - chasing long balls into the channels, or being the one receiving the flick on.

58 minutes ago, toddy said:

Surely he has not got the movement to play a no 10?

It's hard enough to get him to move as a no 9. :lol:

Over the last 3 seasons or so, Martins' goals per game record is better than Jerome, Wood, Kermogant, Hooper, Wells and ForestierI. 

Just think what he could achieve if he could move! Wow!

Have the last 100 pages seriously just been Toddy cryptically drip feeding gobbets from the Simon Austin blog that was posted back in the original Martin thread back in the day and then twisting it to his own agenda?

*Today's game would seem to be the end of all that. Derby now have Nugent and they don't want to pay to break Martin's loan contract at Fulham. Don't be surprised if he goes back to Derby in the summer and is sold on elsewhere...

The above quote was written on the 17th of January.

Martin signed his new contract about two weeks after that.

Articles from around the internet piece together the story that Fulham weren't willing to pay Martin what he wanted, we were. Unless they feel like topping our wages, which they were unwilling to previously, he won't be joining them permanently. Articles also suggest that Fulham are paying his new wages as well, not us. 

*drops the mic*

*http://simonaustinsport.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/lowdown-on-chris-martin-saga.html

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Over the last 3 seasons or so, Martins' goals per game record is better than Jerome, Wood, Kermogant, Hooper, Wells and ForestierI. 

Just think what he could achieve if he could move! Wow!

Martin's feet and brain in Conor Sammon's body would be one of the best footballers on the planet! 

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Have the last 100 pages seriously just been Toddy cryptically drip feeding gobbets from the Simon Austin blog that was posted back in the original Martin thread back in the day and then twisting it to his own agenda?

The above quote was written on the 17th of January.

Martin signed his new contract about two weeks after that.

Articles from around the internet piece together the story that Fulham weren't willing to pay Martin what he wanted, we were. Unless they feel like topping our wages, which they were unwilling to previously, he won't be joining them permanently.

*drops the mic*

*http://simonaustinsport.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/lowdown-on-chris-martin-saga.html

Yep. Hit the nail on the head. Toddy and Simon Austin are one and the same. :yes:

I'd imagine giving Martin the new contract when we did was a last throw of the dice. "Give us Martin back or it's going to cost you an extra £300,000 to keep him for the rest of the season". 

At this point they'd just let or were about to let Matt Smith go and thus Fulham probably just had to grit their teeth knowing that they only had one first team striker other than Martin. May well have turned out differently had we given him the contract at the start of the window.

43 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If that's not your proof then why have you previously claimed to personally know the journalist Simon Austin that is mentioned in the article??? Are you sure that you're in Somerset and not on planet Toddy AGAIN? :poke:

How many times have Derby got to say that Martin has signed a new contract for US.crap reporting  at its lowest ebb

I mean I've got a few questions of the article but just as a point, isn't it in the interest of the agent to get a transfer through because that he would get them more in fees rather then a contract negotiation? So would there be a possibility that they have tried to get a deal together to entice Martin? Pure speculation though as I have no knowledge of the agent game.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Read what I actually said when I posted the link .

Some think there is no info available regarding what I said, I just posted a link which says basically what I said, plus so other regarding monies.

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

Mate, Football League World doesn't even employ journalists. It's full of opinion pieces which are made to look official and regurgitated articles.

Yep, I know someone who writes for these websites. It's all about clickbait as advertising revenue keeps its afloat. So they say things to guarantee people will go into it. The journalism is basically someone researching Wikipedia and other online articles. The writers are paid poorly for the amount they have to write (which is a lot so people get new content every day) all really for a low value credit.

Simon Austin as a freelance journalist will be dling a pretty similar deal with his blog (hence going into the details of negotiations while not accrediting a source of any kind)!it's all about the clickbait revenue which is sadly taking over credible journalism 

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

Read what I actually said when I posted the link .

Some think there is no info available regarding what I said, I just posted a link which says basically what I said, plus so other regarding monies.

It's not info but just a journalists view which you have copied over and over again in various threads. Doesn't make it fact. Never has, never will. 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Yep, I know someone who writes for these websites. It's all about clickbait as advertising revenue keeps its afloat. So they say things to guarantee people will go into it. The journalism is basically someone researching Wikipedia and other online articles. The writers are paid poorly for the amount they have to write (which is a lot so people get new content every day) all really for a low value credit.

Simon Austin as a freelance journalist will be dling a pretty similar deal with his blog (hence going into the details of negotiations while not accrediting a source of any kind)!it's all about the clickbait revenue which is sadly taking over credible journalism 

The thing which gives the Simon Austin blog some substance is that papers have been reporting similar things.

He's saying Martin wanted £28k and Fulham wouldn't pay it, a fortnight later The Telegraph are saying his new wages are £30k p/w and Fulham have to pay it. 

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

Mate, Football League World doesn't even employ journalists. It's full of opinion pieces which are made to look official and regurgitated articles.

£8 million plus is what is coming out of Moulineux, but they have to wait on Fulham first.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

£8 million plus is what is coming out of Moulineux, but they have to wait on Fulham first.

He'll be here next season is what's coming out of Derby. 

We might sell Martin, we might not. As has been the case from day one, if we want him back we'll get him back. If we don't we won't. 

If reports are to be believed then Fulham are out of the picture. 

Archived