The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

If people post genuine information then that means they have a source and can provide evidence to back it up

If they don't have evidence then it's just speculation - Which is totally fine, that's what we're here for - But they really shouldn't keep arguing that what they're saying is absolute fact unless they are prepared to prove it

I get information from a source all the time...shame that source talks out his bottom most of the time.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Can anyone see him as a number 10 because my question wasn't answered properly previously?

Yes. He used to play there for Norwich.

Deeney often plays there for Watford who has a similar skill set.

He can control, pass and shoot. You can play '3/4' long balls to him in the hole. If cbs come to challenge that they leave a 1 on 1 behind them. 

So, yes.

57 minutes ago, sage said:

He can control, pass and shoot. You can play '3/4' long balls to him in the hole. If cbs come to challenge that they leave a 1 on 1 behind them. 

So, yes.

That's good to hear. I've never really thought he was a natural number 9 for us, more of a false 9. The problem I've had in the past is that whenever he drops deeper to get involved in the play, we never have anyone in the box but having a striker ahead of him will remove this issue. I'd like to see Martin and Nugent up front with Nugent doing all the running and pressing for Martin.

1 hour ago, sage said:

So, yes.

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's good to hear. I've never really thought he was a natural number 9 for us, more of a false 9. The problem I've had in the past is that whenever he drops deeper to get involved in the play, we never have anyone in the box but having a striker ahead of him will remove this issue. I'd like to see Martin and Nugent up front with Nugent doing all the running and pressing for Martin.

He also played there for Palace and had a few appearances towards 14/15 ther when half fit. The Watford game springs to mind, came on set Bent up twice in 10 mins for one on ones, iirc, it was certainly once with his first touch.

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

What's toddy said that's so bad? 

Nothing bad, just that I made a statement regarding the Martin/ Fulham saga and because I failled to give my source it must not be true :lol:.

But hey, if I had said my source was a friend at the Mirror, SSN desk or indeed Mel's cousin I would still have been shot down, because it's not what was written but because some that don't wish it to be correct, so it has to be made up.:lol:

I have already stated alot  of the sports  journos are aware of the Martin/Fulham saga as it is months old news and one or two are aware of Lambert's intended offer on Martin, but again those on here don't want it to be true, will try to disregard it.

I haven't really read the thread because it's boring when you and Ninos go on about Martin. It's like asking Farage who's to blame for us all not being millionaires. I know the answers and supplying facts are pointless. 

But from what I can gather, you were saying Fulham have to buy Martin because of a clause?

And they will do?

Even though they don't really play him since we tried to get him back and he tried to push that through.

I'm just trying to get it straight

Fulham are going to buy Martin who just signed a new contract at Derby and doesn't get many starts now because they have to. And Derby want him but can't stop it?

That's what you're saying or have I misunderstood by just skimming through what is pretty much a fetish thread

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

I haven't really read the thread because it's boring when you and Ninos go on about Martin. It's like asking Farage who's to blame for us all not being millionaires. I know the answers and supplying facts are pointless. 

But from what I can gather, you were saying Fulham have to buy Martin because of a clause?

And they will do?

Even though they don't really play him since we tried to get him back and he tried to push that through.

I'm just trying to get it straight

Fulham are going to buy Martin who just signed a new contract at Derby and doesn't get many starts now because they have to. And Derby want him but can't stop it?

That's what you're saying or have I misunderstood by just skimming through what is pretty much a fetish thread

No, I have not said that, I originally said [this was Dec/Jan] that Fulham had an option to buy Martin at an agreed price.

It was then for Fulham and Martin to agree terms.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

No, I have not said that, I originally said [this was Dec/Jan] that Fulham had an option to buy Martin at an agreed price.

It was then for Fulham and Martin to agree terms.

Really???

10 minutes ago, toddy said:

These were all based around comments from others on here stating he would be back in January!

So what you are saying is that you didn't say that Martin had already agreed the contract with Fulham?

So what deal has he already agreed to?

He's already agreed the deal

So that contract you are sure was part of the loan deal that had been agreed, wasn't Martin's contract to sign for Fulham permanently?

The chances are the contract has already done as it was part of the loan agreement

It is ok to admit that you got it wrong, but why make things up, did you not expect anyone to find the posts or did you forget?

They are not based on people saying he would return in January, a few posters said he could return, myself included, but I was only 50-50 on whether he would or not, and that was down to whether or not Fulham would allow it and only after Mac had returned.

Archived