The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, toddy said:

£8 million plus is what is coming out of Moulineux, but they have to wait on Fulham first.

I see you still making things up as per usual. #MoreBSToddyFacts

1 hour ago, cannable said:

If reports are to be believed then Fulham are out of the picture. 

If it was down to the Fulham fans then there is no way Fulham would pay to have Martin there permanently, with comments like- "1 goal in 3 months",  the only striker we had and he still couldn't out score our midfielders", " don't know what he brings to the team as he has had 1 good game since he has been here".

GR is right  Martin is coming back .....until Fulham say otherwise. Lambert watching with £££££££  waiting :lol:

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

GR is right  Martin is coming back .....until Fulham say otherwise. Lambert watching with £££££££  waiting :lol:

He can't go straight to Wolves and he can go to Fulham. Give it a rest toddy. You DO NOT know more than Gary Rowett.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Have the last 100 pages seriously just been Toddy cryptically drip feeding gobbets from the Simon Austin blog that was posted back in the original Martin thread back in the day and then twisting it to his own agenda?

The above quote was written on the 17th of January.

Martin signed his new contract about two weeks after that.

Articles from around the internet piece together the story that Fulham weren't willing to pay Martin what he wanted, we were. Unless they feel like topping our wages, which they were unwilling to previously, he won't be joining them permanently. Articles also suggest that Fulham are paying his new wages as well, not us. 

*drops the mic*

*http://simonaustinsport.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/lowdown-on-chris-martin-saga.html

Elementary my dear cannable 

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

"GR is right, Martin is coming back as Fulham weren't willing to pay him £28k a week when he was starting weekly and thus it's unlikely they would pay him in excess of £30k now he isn't a guaranteed starter. 

Wolves are supposedly interested though and so if we want to sell him we will."

That's how you don't make yourself look like a troll, amongst other things. 

13 minutes ago, cannable said:

"GR is right, Martin is coming back as Fulham weren't willing to pay him £28k a week when he was starting weekly and thus it's unlikely they would pay him in excess of £30k now he isn't a guaranteed starter. 

Wolves are supposedly interested though and so if we want to sell him we will."

That's how you don't make yourself look like a troll, amongst other things. 

Wolves are certainly  interested.

If their offer comes in do you really think MM will turn it down?

1 minute ago, toddy said:

If there offer comes in do you really think MM will turn it down?

In what way can any of us possibly know? My guess would be yes unless it was the right valuation (probs a decent figure over £10 mill given the market)

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

If there offer comes in do you really think MM will turn it down?

Well Mel will back his manager, so If Rowett wants Martin to stay, he will stay.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

The thing which gives the Simon Austin blog some substance is that papers have been reporting similar things.

He's saying Martin wanted £28k and Fulham wouldn't pay it, a fortnight later The Telegraph are saying his new wages are £30k p/w and Fulham have to pay it. 

If I'm honest I'm not 100% sure on the substance, i think both leave a bit of interpretation to what's being said. With as I tried to say earlier there are ways to interpret Martin's agent asking for £28k from Fulham and John Percy starts his paragraph as 'it is believed' which takes away all certainty to me. I think both stories (although Austin's more) use the info to try and support a pre made conclusion which doesn't necessarily work.

But I do take your point as it at least follows a cohesive story which makes sense!

1 minute ago, falconram said:

I don't post very often as you get shot down for not being a regular however believe him or not I'm backing toddy up with the what he has put out, say no more.

Which bit toddy says so many #toddyfacts

31 minutes ago, falconram said:

I don't post very often as you get shot down for not being a regular however believe him or not I'm backing toddy up with the what he has put out, say no more.

You don't know what you're on about. Who are you anyway ?

2 hours ago, falconram said:

I understand fully why you would not want to get shot down FalconRam. 

Archived