Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are any of them three really qualified to comment on club managment ? 

How did Shearer get on in the newcastle job. He was utterly useless. Carry on sitting in your armchairs criticising lads... Mac is by all accounts an excellent coach, did a good job here, did a good job abroad, & did a good job at Boro 

Forest was always going to be a joke of a job as was Newcastle. A champions league winner and former real madrid manager couldnt turn them around 

32 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Can I just advise those fans who are looking forward to seeing McClaren fail because he's a "judas" and will be booing him at first opportunity, please stay at home.  Go and find something else to do that actually delights you.  I don't want you there and neither does the club.

The simpletons who think that way are precisely the same simpletons who would have applauded Derby for enticing Wagner from Huddersfield or Rowett from Birmingham, thinking that somehow that is excusable, whereas the McClaren situation wasn't.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

A few reactions to the appointment from ex-pros...

There's no wonder Robbie Savage took to media. Everything he says is so well informed, insightful and beautifully articulated. I could read his tweets all day.

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

So Alan Shearer, who said England losing to Iceland unthinkable and Robbie Savage who is so consistently wrong about all things football that even a stopped clock gets it right more often, these two giving McClaren's reappointment the thumbs down should be counted as very good news indeed.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Robbie Savage who was part of the worst team in Derbys history, and Alan shearer who took only 5 out of 24 points in taking Newcastle down....should probably try to make their tweets make sense before they try to take the piss 

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

So Alan Shearer, who said England losing to Iceland unthinkable and Robbie Savage who is so consistently wrong about all things football that even a stopped clock gets it right more often, these two giving McClaren's reappointment the thumbs down should be counted as very good news indeed.

Iceland beat England?

When did this happen, and why have you not mentioned it before?:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Robbie Savage who was part of the worst team in Derbys history, and Alan shearer who took only 5 out of 24 points in taking Newcastle down....should probably try to make their tweets make sense before they try to take the piss 

Come on Leeds, big ed Al had a win rate of 12.5 per cent at the Toon, not to be sniffed at man.........

On 01/10/2016 at 23:51, reveldevil said:

I won £100 quid on Pearson's appointment, and once there's more than one bookie offering odds on Mac, I'm going all in.

Do you know that feeling when you say something, but don't follow it up!:(

26 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You'd think with twitter's 140 character limit that you'd be able to get through one of Alan Shearer's tweets without falling the **** asleep. 

I think the gist is that he thinks Derby have made a wrong move - but he's managed to say it in the most boring way possible in 140 characters.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You'd think with twitter's 140 character limit that you'd be able to get through one of Alan Shearer's tweets without falling the **** asleep. 

I think the gist is that he thinks Derby have made a wrong move - but he's managed to say it in the most boring way possible in 140 characters.

I think shearer is the most negative so and so... Especially about newcastle and England. Maybe he thinks he can manage either of them. He can't. Mcclaren was in the wrong place at the wrong time both at Newcastle and at england. He's only ever done well at Derby and can do well again here with mel 's backing. 

50 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So easy he did so TWICE, at least! If someone wants to leave, they don't refuse the job twice and carry on doing their current job for 6-8 months! Explain that logic, in any sense. In makes no sense whatsoever. All that really happened, is he was flattered, no more, no less.

Perhaps he didnt initially take the job until he was certain he hadnt taken Derby up,worth waiting for? Or indeed didnt commit to Newcaste until certain they had secured premiership status.Hope thats logical enough for you, and a sensible explanation.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with the rights or wrongs of the situation as we do not know exactly what happened.

Archived