Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

name me your favourite or most highly rated 5 current managers, I'm sure you can reel them off in 3 minutes without googling to find some that have never been sacked.

Yes, you are wrong. He didn't resign cos he didn't want to leave.

I cannot remember that much misery. about 90% of it was ecstasy for me. 

No PLAN B? Have you not learnt anything from the Pearson era? This bunch cannot play any other way, and kudos to SMc for at least trying to play the right way. If only McClaren hadn't told Grant to throw a few in!

If you read my post back you will see I am defending the fact plan b isn't so easy

56 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Is it wrong to feel a little bit excited at Macs return? I haven't felt right about the way the club has been heading since we lost at Boro last season and I'm sure there will be a few more twists and turns in the road, but I am suddenly quite positive about things again. COYR!

According to the usual suspects who wish to cold water on everything, yes. Yes, it is dreadfully wrong to harbour optimistic thoughts about anything because it soes not sit well with their pessimistic view of the world.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's interesting that the negative posters in this thread are the same negative posters about every subject in every thread.

That has opened up eight pages of denial...should be fun, lets hope the usual hook munchers respond as expected.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Police have been called to the iPro I hear. Members of the public have been reporting sightings of a clown at the ground. This clown malarkey is getting completely out of hand isn't it!

What's fawaz doing at the ipro?

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's interesting that the negative posters in this thread are the same negative posters about every subject in every thread.

I'm starting to enjoy the forum a little more as a lot of these negative posters/****** have gone onto my block list, not all, but the ******** net is widening by the day :p

46 minutes ago, eddie said:

Never go back.

*cough*Nigel*cough*Burton*cough*

;)

I've got nowt against managers going back Eddie. Sometimes it just fits, the partnership works and things click into place.

Just think Steve did a lot more damage than good toward the end of his first spell. The playing side and atmosphere throughout the club was totally spoiled, either directly as a result of his behaviour and perceived lack of loyalty or the alarming loss of form and the massive dip in results/performances.

Clough at Burton, McClaren at Derby, two totally different managers, two totally different people, two totally different situations and two totally different clubs.

I hope for the fans sake everything clicks under Steve again but my own feeling is that he'll buckle and walk away again at the first prolonged spell  of things not going his way. 

I think Mel has made a mistake in going back and having to repair a relationship that was clearly badly broken last time around. I don't think Steve McClaren is good enough to warrant such a u-turn.

So all the nay-saying, hand-wringing, gloom-mongers who point to McLaren's record of failure as a portent to more misery, should we assume that if you are correct, nothing would give you more pleasure? The fact is he won the League Cup with Boro, took them to the Euro Champ QFs, won the Eredivisie with FC Twente, revitalised our own fortunes, took us to the play-off final and got us playing with a style and panache we'd not seen in years. If this is a record of failure then Mac's a Dutchman.

Really looking forward to Leeds now - apart from a brief spell under Wassall I haven't really enjoyed any of the football we've playing as much as I did when Mclaren was boss.

Why do I listen to Radio Derby - every caller seems to think Mac is bringing the apocalypse with him. One caller used Ward as an example of disloyalty, because he went to Forest - maybe he doesn't remember us stabbing him in the back.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm fearful this will go wrong, but now he's been confirmed I hope for the best.

I'd advise people to <redneck accent here> "buckle up bhoys, we're going for a ride"

The scintillating highs, the terrifying lows, the spilled coffee, the gentle waving of his tuft in the wind......

:lol:

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Police have been called to the iPro I hear. Members of the public have been reporting sightings of a clown at the ground. This clown malarkey is getting completely out of hand isn't it!

Pearson was just getting his sneakers he forgot.

36 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

We're more Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton than Peters and Lee.

As an aside, there was a joke in the 70s about Peters and Lee splitting up. Peters went solo and Lee went into a lamppost.

Quite good but Peters was the blind bloke :D

Archived