Return of the Mac

toddy

Not convinced that his second time in charge will be as successful as his first but if it provides at least 18 months stability both on and off the pitch then fair enough. 

For me the intriguing issue won't be McLarens' return but, assuming he plays a formation similar to before, who will fill the 'Martin' role since many fans felt that there was no viable alternative if CM was either injured or out of form. I don't think any signing since McLaren left could be classed as a suitable replacement. Does it increase the likelihood of Martin coming back in January?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Not convinced that his second time in charge will be as successful as his first but if it provides at least 18 months stability both on and off the pitch then fair enough. 

For me the intruguing issue won't be McLarens' return but, assuming he plays a formation similar to before, who will fill the 'Martin' role since many fans felt that there was no viable alternative if CM was either injured or out of form. I don't think any signing since McLaren left could be classed as a suitable replacement. Does it increase the likelihood of Martin coming back in January?

Martin will be pushing on a return. Especially now Mac is back and he is having a torrid time down in london.

28 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

We get a set number of likes per day??? WHAT! News to me. Shows I don't like alot on this forum then ;)

Have one from me.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Well said. 

However a plea for patience may not happen as we have high expectations of this man.

We have seen what he can produce and now we are going to want more of the same. 

Of course the expectation is there. That's really the point of my post but what I'm saying is we need to manage our expectation and express it in healthy ways, not bilious ones. If I'm honest, I expect Derby to win every game which has made betting on them an absolute no-no. I just can't bring the same impartiality to the process as I do for all other betting mediums so I clearly have relatively unreal expectations myself!!! 

I'm not asking for blind faith, nor happy-clapping, but rather hoping that the majority of fans will at least give the appointment some time to bed in and to support the team fully in the interim. In my opinion and that's all it is, this is a reasonable expectation.

This appointment whilst welcome only deals with around a third of our problems. 

We have a lot of poor players to get rid of and are at least 5 good players short of being a top 2 team.  

The next bit, sales and recruitment, will be the toughest part. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

This appointment whilst welcome only deals with around a third of our problems. 

We have a lot of poor players to get rid of and are at least 5 good players short of being a top 2 team.  

The next bit, sales and recruitment, will be the toughest part. 

Smacca + Unlce Mel's Moneybags = Interesting, young, hungry acquisitions?

Most of the guys Smacca brought in were decent-good loans of youfs or interesting punts at quality...

We may well finally get @Ninos wish come true... Can probably afford Luc Castaignos now...

21 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Well said. 

However a plea for patience may not happen as we have high expectations of this man.

We have seen what he can produce and now we are going to want more of the same. 

My expectations at the moment have been set to "Not bottom 3 please"

I suppose that's something to thanks Pearson for...

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Smacca + Unlce Mel's Moneybags = Interesting, young, hungry acquisitions?

Most of the guys Smacca brought in were decent-good loans of youfs or interesting punts at quality...

We may well finally get @Ninos wish come true... Can probably afford Luc Castaignos now...

His loans were good but most of his permanent signings were poor. He also has history with us of not signing what we need.

cant say that im too happy if he comes back but as i have no say on who will be appointed as the new manager all i can do is put my trust in those that do. All i can hope for is that he will be a little bit more successful than his last stint in charge and then maybe i can forgive him for the way he treated the club and the fans.

At the end of the day Derby County is my team and all i can do is back them and cheer them, whoever is in control.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

His loans were good but most of his permanent signings were poor. He also has history with us of not signing what we need.

everybody knows on here that we need a back up defensive midfielder but 3 consecutive perm managers do not either believe this or have been unable to source such a player.  You would think they know best?

Archived