Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gazram80 said:

Are we for real Derby county??? FFS if we reappoint him then why bother getting rid in the first place. This club beggers belief.

We are a joke at the minute.

But we'll be a joke who can play football! This is the sort of egotistical rubbish that got us in the sh it before - who are we that anyone cares enough to laugh?!

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Me, I care....Bryson still hasn't been played in the correct position since the Mac first season.

Dining out on the Forest Hat Trick? What would the other hat trick he scored that season? Or perhaps the other 10 goals he scored in the very same season. Not sure how many assists he had?

If we had a manager who played Bryson to his strengths he would be about the best player we have, part of me wonders how he would have worked out had he gone to Burnley.

if he's good enough, he'll play. If he's not, he won't. We all have our favourites.

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Wasn't Leeds at home his first game last time? 3-1 iirc

He's going to need Martin, no question about it. 

Mel "you'll have funds to strengthen in January"

Steve "just need Sam the renegotiate Chrissy coming home".

Something like that do?

Do I get to claim 'Podcast Know-it-all' rights for calling this one last week?

If this is a head coach role, with someone back as a DoF role, he's the best appointment available. I'd like Chris Powell to stay on as Assistant still but I can't see him doing it given his good relationship with Pearson.

I would however stress something in his contract regarding other positions or clubs coming in for him, in an attempt to make any potential future success and further enquiries for his services less awkward.

It's time to get 'The Derby Way' going. This must incorporate excellent coaching managers, a concrete style of play throughout the club, a transfer policy that suits  it and strong academy links as a must. This must be, wherever possible, his mandate to carry out.

Not around to comment on McLaren first time around being a new supporter so I don't know the pros and cons of him as manager.

I was fortunate enough to go to the Brighton home play off semi though under him when it was 4-0 or 4-1 can't quite remember which and the football was superb.

If he gets us playing like that I'm all for second chances.

Well well well. In hindsight i suppose we should have given him another season so i'm happy with this (if it happens which it looks like it will according to John Percys tweet). FGS i just want someone in charge who will stick around for at least 2 seasons is that too much to ask for. Get him appointed and roll on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

He didn't walk last time. Time after time he pledged his loyalty to Derby County, only a faction of our support, the 'no smoke without fire' merchants, the conspiracy theorists, wouldn't have it.

Then, after he was sacked and he ended up at Newcastle, these same 'supporters' said "I told you so". Probably the same 'supporters' who clamoured for the appointment of Pearson, then two months later, clamoured for his dismissal.

Whereas McClaren's stock is not very high at the moment, the stock of some Derby fans has never been lower in my lifetime.

but he hadnt a plan b and lost the dressing room. enough fire alone, its alright if you want to live in a time warp and stay 2nd tier as we aint going nowhere with him except top 6 till xmas

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

if he's good enough, he'll play. If he's not, he won't. We all have our favourites.

bryso ur very good at making runs into the box and scoring goals and assisting yea gaffer , well ive been thinking its better you sit deep and don't do that !!!!!!!!!! club is a joke and he is a joke

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

@SuperDerbySuperRams using your ITK whispers, do you know what the squad's feelings were towards SMc were when he was sacked? Do you think they'll welcome him back with open arms, or had he lost the confidence of a lot of players?

A lot of them appreciated his methods at the start but they started to lose faith when the results started going poorly. George Thorne didn't particularly like McClaren I've heard after he rushed him on numerous occasions and somewhat blames Mac for his injury problems since then(the small injuries not the serious ones like leg breaks). But footballers are fickle just like supporters. I'm waiting for the first player to come out and say that they never wanted him to leave in the first place.

Archived