Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

I think at the moment its very silly to be appointing blame etc, We really don't know whats gone on do we? I'm a little disappointed in Radio Derby allowing all this speculation and rumour to propagate via a radio talk in, no-one on there or here knows the reason behind whats going on. The club has suspended NP for an investigation to take place. This suggests somethings occurred that needed a sudden solution perhaps but it really could be anything atm albeit for "none footballing reasons". To say for example we wouldn't have done it if we are top is wrong surely, if something warrants suspension and investigation it warrants suspension and investigation regardless of position in the league. (For example see Jeremy Clarkson at BBC, I'm sure they didn't want a top star investigated and removed but had to do it when it emerged what happened (this is an example not a speculation on whats happened here by the way! LOL))

Yes Radio Derby have to cover the story but to allow random fans to basically accuse MM or the players of things that are very possibly are at best rubbish is wrong IMO. Some of the stuff spouted on there before I switched off in irritation was frankly drivel of the highest order.

A lot on here are quick to apportion blame too but lets face it, we are all guessing or going on the vague things that our ITK's and journalist's are hearing. You actually can see peoples prejudices coming out with the angles they are taking.... its Player Power... Its MM's power madness etc, mostly its to be frank complete uninformed speculation. Forums are great and I love this one to bits but at times like this they drive me mad.

I really, really didn't want Pearson as manager but was happy to get behind the team when he was, I think its now fair to wait to see what goes on before I jump to judgement on a public forum (despite like everyone else having a private view.....) Any way we have a match tonight, be interesting to see how the players react to this, lets hope they win shall we.

Its never boring being a Derby fan is it?

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, toddy said:

SSP - ''Heated row with owner of Derby today  we understand Pearson will not now come back as manager''

Ian Dowie making a suggestion that the owner wanted to make the team selection......

If Dowie is correct what worthwhile manager would want to come here!

To me the biggest issue is will our players still be total shy*e tonight or will they suddenly transform into a team that recognises the ball, realise that passing it to a team mate is all goodness, then contemplating that it might actually be a positive vibe to pop in a few goals?

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I personally don't get this. He committed himself to Derby only to get sacked.

There's commiting yourself to Derby then there's commiting yourself after the numerous grillings from radio derby, newspapers and fans. If he'd of come out the day the rumours did and said I'm the manager of Derby County I have no interest in Newcastle, he'd probably still be here today. 

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

All we know for an absolute certainty is that Nigel Pearson has done something bad, perhaps criminal and/or to the detriment of this football club, but we'll have to wait for the facts. 

It's not a results based sacking, which he couldn't have had any complaints over anyway, and Mel has to keep the club's best interest at heart. We simply don't know to what extent the damage this 'bad' thing is to our reputation or what it actually is. 

What we can focus on is just exactly what he's brought to this football club since he appointed in May. 

The facts:
He'd taken over a team that has averaged 80 points in the past three seasons.
He'd taken over a team that has averaged over 78 goals a season in the past three seasons.
He'd taken over a team that has conceded on average roughly 50 goals in the past three seasons.
He'd taken over a team that has had five consecutive top half finishes. 
He'd taken over from an ACADEMY COACH with no managerial experience that had managed to secure a play-off place and a 50% win record. 

Now, this season:
If we had carried this form on for the remainder of the season, we would have finished on roughly 30 points. 
If we had carried on this form on for the remainder of the season, we would have finished on roughly 15 goals for the entire league campaign. 

When you compare that to the 80 points and 78 goals we had achieved over the course of the previous three seasons then it's not so good. In fact, it's half the goals Blackpool managed in their relegation season and just the four points more. 

The football, whether you compare it to Clement's or Wassall's or god forbid McClaren's was absolutely miles and miles and miles away from where it was. If it wasn't nearly the exact same team then Pearson would have the benefit of the doubt, however, he doesn't.

Analogy...

You have four chefs, all have to make a birthday cake, all have the exact same ingredients, but they have to add their own special ingredient for the talent show - the best one wins. 

The first one, he's an experienced cake maker and has prestigious awards to his name. He accidently messed up the biggest cake making job in the country, due to a bad ingredient, but at this level he is able to call upon his experience to make a beautiful cake. One to the standard the judges haven't seen in a while.

The second one, he's an inexperienced cake maker, but he's worked with some of the best in the world. He knows he has a big act to follow and doesn't want to take any risks. He plays is steady and creates a really solid cake that tastes a little bland. The judges, coming off the high of the first one, aren't impressed and despite the stableness of the cake, they have little love for his showing.

The third one, following on from the second, he has even less experience than the second and doesn't have the connections in the cake making game either. Nevertheless, he's worked closely with the first cake maker in the past and knows what the judges will like. He is able to construct a similar cake, however, unlike the second, doesn't have the knowledge to put the solid cake base in place and it's very hit and miss. In some places, the cake is as every bit as good as the first, in others it falls over at a drop of a hat.

the fourth one comes in, following a successful stint at the rival cake making competition down the road. He has the experience and success that the middle two haven't had and hasn't had the downfalls of the first throughout his career. Nevertheless, instead of making a cake, as per the instructions, he takes off his trousers and has a massive **** in the middle of the serving plate and puts a little cocktail umbrella in it. The chief organiser, stunned by what he's just seen, dismisses the fourth one quickly and looks to find another cake maker to finish the competition.

To be continued... 

This is my favourite post ever.

7 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Once a greedy big time Charlie always a greedy big time Charlie. Lost all respect for Mac after the Newcastle fiasco, he doesn't deserve the job why should we save his career for a second time when he didn't appreciate it the first? 

agree some need to get real plenty more managers around

Just now, YouRams said:

There's commiting yourself to Derby then there's commiting yourself after the numerous grillings from radio derby, newspapers and fans. If he'd of come out the day the rumours did and said I'm the manager of Derby County I have no interest in Newcastle, he'd probably still be here today. 

But why would he do that? Newcastle are a bigger club than Derby, and it was always a dream of McClaren's to go there. You may call that unloyal, but this football malarky works both ways.

Derby and us fans wouldn't have battered an eyelid had McClaren struggled here and we subsequently sacked him. If clubs aren't willing to show long-term loyalty to managers, don't expect it the other way around.

It's no different to Sam Allardyce leaving Sunderland for the England post nine months after joining them. No different to Pochettino leaving Southampton for Tottenham after two years.

Derby aren't some special case, and at the time we were a Championship club while Newcastle were an established Premier League side with huge potential.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

But why would he do that? Newcastle are a bigger club than Derby, and it was always a dream of McClaren's to go there. You may call that unloyal, but this football malarky works both ways.

Derby and us fans wouldn't have battered an eyelid had McClaren struggled here and we subsequently sacked him. If clubs aren't willing to show long-term loyalty to managers, don't expect it the other way around.

It's no different to Sam Allardyce leaving Sunderland for the England post nine months after joining them. No different to Pochettino leaving Southampton for Tottenham after two years.

Derby aren't some special case, and at the time we were a Championship club while Newcastle were an established Premier League side with huge potential.

I will reiterate my point, what makes him deserve the job then if we wasn't good enough for him the first time? His stock wasn't very high when we gave him the chance, that alone should of warranted more loyalty than he gave.

Archived