Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

21 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

As you may have gathered I am not Pearson's greatest fan. Saturday he lost the changing room and at last we get back to playing decent football.

Isn't it about time we had a sign, if it's that hard to find?

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, YouRams said:

I will reiterate my point, what makes him deserve the job then if we wasn't good enough for him the first time? His stock wasn't very high when we gave him the chance, that alone should of warranted more loyalty than he gave.

Why should it have warranted more loyalty? If we were battling relegation rather than challenge for the top six during the 2013/14 season, McClaren wouldn't have been given a second season here.

You can't demand loyalty from managers when clubs are willing to sack them at the drop of a hat.

Supporters are worse. They demand loyalty from managers, yet you only have to read these boards to know that Nigel Pearson isn't even ten Championship games into the job and some (me included) want him gone.

Nobody 'deserves' jobs in football. You appoint managers who best fit the profile of the club and the direction you want to go. McClaren's style of play fits the so-called 'Derby Way', more so than arguably the more successful Steve Bruce who is seemingly also a contender should Pearson leave.

17 minutes ago, Ramsley said:

I think at the moment its very silly to be appointing blame etc, We really don't know whats gone on do we? I'm a little disappointed in Radio Derby allowing all this speculation and rumour to propagate via a radio talk in, no-one on there or here knows the reason behind whats going on. The club has suspended NP for an investigation to take place. This suggests somethings occurred that needed a sudden solution perhaps but it really could be anything atm albeit for "none footballing reasons". To say for example we wouldn't have done it if we are top is wrong surely, if something warrants suspension and investigation it warrants suspension and investigation regardless of position in the league. (For example see Jeremy Clarkson at BBC, I'm sure they didn't want a top star investigated and removed but had to do it when it emerged what happened (this is an example not a speculation on whats happened here by the way! LOL))

Yes Radio Derby have to cover the story but to allow random fans to basically accuse MM or the players of things that are very possibly are at best rubbish is wrong IMO. Some of the stuff spouted on there before I switched off in irritation was frankly drivel of the highest order.

A lot on here are quick to apportion blame too but lets face it, we are all guessing or going on the vague things that our ITK's and journalist's are hearing. You actually can see peoples prejudices coming out with the angles they are taking.... its Player Power... Its MM's power madness etc, mostly its to be frank complete uninformed speculation. Forums are great and I love this one to bits but at times like this they drive me mad.

I really, really didn't want Pearson as manager but was happy to get behind the team when he was, I think its now fair to wait to see what goes on before I jump to judgement on a public forum (despite like everyone else having a private view.....) Any way we have a match tonight, be interesting to see how the players react to this, lets hope they win shall we.

Its never boring being a Derby fan is it?

Bang on mate...some Derby fans need to THINK before expressing negative thoughts about MM. 

Just now, Dimmu said:

Quick update anyone? I'm reading so slowly that I can't catch up...

Pearson suspended for non footballing matters. Almost certainly going to be sacked after internal investigations. Rumours it is either linked with Allardyces thing or a bust up with Mel. Idiakez also suspended and we are back to 4-3-3 tonight with Johnson and Ince both playing. Allardyce also just been sacked.

Archived