Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

I hope and expect for a win today. If we don't it will be yet another boo -fest. Every home game this season so far? That can't go on can it? Anyway I hope it doesn't. Three points today please. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sack the players before him. We need to have faith in him. The problems aren't going disappear if he is sacked. I suggest that we strip the wages from the players and give them to charity until they start upping their game because this isn't acceptable. It isn't Pearsons fault that Keogh has about 2 brain cells or that Bryson has a function in his brain to tell him to pass it backwards

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Sack the players before him. We need to have faith in him. The problems aren't going disappear if he is sacked. I suggest that we strip the wages from the players and give them to charity until they start upping their game because this isn't acceptable. It isn't Pearsons fault that Keogh has about 2 brain cells or that Bryson has a function in his brain to tell him to pass it backwards

He is the man who keeps picking them though. When there are other options available.

I'm not saying I think Pearson is great. But all this money we spent last season and this how many were upgrades on the players we already had? I'm trying to think and I'm really struggling. So that's £30m+ wasted in my opionion. We'd have been better off keeping the core group and blooding youngesters. Now we have players that are rubbish and we'll have to wait until they're contract ends as they are obviously only here for the big pay day. We don't just fail we always fail in style 

Like i said in the other thread, i didnt want him in the first place

Since his appointment I've tried to be positive but times time now, he needs to go. We are terrible we have no back bone, no spite and no idea. I cant see where he is going with this side.

We need someone to come in and grab this side by the balls and inject some urgency as well as needing a leader on the pitch who can also grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

We are rubbish we've gone backwards under mel morris & pearsons has put us at least two years backwards. Terrible decisions from the top 

I wouldn't be surprised if he went. Not at all.

All I want is to feel excited about the club. I want to look forward to Saturday afternoons, not dread them. I want other clubs to envy us because of the way we did things. We had all of that not very long ago. The 2013/14 season was the most enjoyable season I've ever witnessed as a Derby fan. I don't demand promotion, I just want to take enjoyment from football, and in the past two years there hasn't been much of that.

It's an accumulation of errors but the underlying one is decision making. After the 2013/14 season we would have easily been promoted if we made the right decisions but we've thrown everything at it trying to do things too quickly, expecting it to just fall in place. Now we've come crashing back down to earth with a thud. Right now this season purely needs to be about staying in the league and then we can hopefully build from there again. Going down would be a disaster and from our performances so far, relegation is exactly what we deserve. Shambles all round. 

Very hard to turn this mess around. He's losing the fanbase fast.

Make no mistake we are in a relegation battle now. There were signs of improvement before today. Confidence is shot. 

Wassall by the way has been struggling to get a win with the U23s. 

Pearson is experienced enough to take the flack and turn it around but will Morris give him time? 

Who would want to sort this mess out now? 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Strip the players of their wages? Is that even legal??

It's Pearson's job to set up a system and playing style the player's understand within their skill set / limitations. It's something the Mac did exceptionally well back in the day. You're right that it isn't acceptable - but the current situation is of Pearson's making. He decides the formation, the tactics, the playing staff, the subs, etc. Not the players. It's his job to motivate them and fill them with playing confidence. And he's getting it wrong week on week.

I wanted Pearson last year and was super pleased with his appointed. I've never ever asked for any of our manager's to be sacked (not even Jewell!) but sadly I can't see an alternative right now.  

Archived