Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why is that not a real supporter ?

B*ll*cks. Clap good players by all means. He got a standing ovation for turning up. Same folks - was it you? that clapped off Liverpool too. Come on we need to support out team not overpaid prima donnas that played alright but fell down like a Martin every time anyone tried to tackle him.

Anyway you appear to miss my point, the stand was full of folks that came to see Liverpool and not Derby, I'm sorry but that is not good for our team. Imagine, before their success, Leicester being full with (TV) Liverpool fans. Just not possible and probably part of our problem.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

B*ll*cks. Clap good players by all means. He got a standing ovation for turning up. Same folks - was it you? that clapped off Liverpool too. Come on we need to support out team not overpaid prima donnas that played alright but fell down like a Martin every time anyone tried to tackle him.

Anyway you appear to miss my point, the stand was full of folks that came to see Liverpool and not Derby, I'm sorry but that is not good for our team. Imagine, before their success, Leicester being full with (TV) Liverpool fans. Just not possible and probably part of our problem.

OK so you've exaggerated your original statement from he got clapped off to a standing ovation , which he didn't get , he simply got applauded by a section of our fans who appreciated a world class performance.  I'm sorry but we're way off that and I don't see anything wrong with people , who appreciate good football , showing there appreciation . I don't think it was FULL as you state with Liverpool fans , there was a few dotted around but many regular faces who are knows season ticket holders were sat around me . Not that it's any of your concern , but no I didn't clap him off , but plenty of regulars around me did , and I didn't have a problem with it ! 

No at this point he should be given a proper amount of time ( at least a season with two windows ) , when Mac was here and we were firing we all debated how our team would cut it in the prem and who could cut it and who would need replacing , well for me the Liverpool game and the other cup games before it against prem opposition have shown that there is vetually nobody in our team who will cut it if we go up , even young will is going to have to improve massively for the next level ( maybe why he s not been snatched away , as I've posted elsewhere this current squad would make our record breaking prem flops look world beaters ,, if the remit for Derby is to build a team to go up and stay up and it is ,,then a massive rebuild IS required ,,, the only way that can work is getting a manager Mel trusts to do the job and going through the pain we have now , let's not kid ourselves that any manager coming in would not be facing the same problems even if he was going 4/3/3 but replacing players with better ones ,,, no matter what formation we are in to be sucessfull a manager is going to have to demand and get a level of commitment and consistency from the players he has ,, our current crop cannot or will not provide that , take ince, I don't nessesarily think he's lazy or has a bad attitude but the truth is he can't produce any consistency in his performances , you could perhaps go through the whole team and say the same ,whether your personal view is that each or any player is either just not up to it but works hard ( the view many hold on keough) or they are poss good enough but don't work hard, that runs through the whole squad ,,,,, whether Pearson is the right man or should be outed after 8 games is a personal choice / opinion but the truth that can't be avoided is there is a very big rebuild Job to be done to reach mels target for the club, promotion ,compete in the prem , play decent football 

7 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why is that not a real supporter ? Didn't mean anyone was supporting our team any less ? He was fantastic too watch and some people were in awe of him . The people who are not SUPPORTING there team are the ones that are moaning , groaning and booing after 20 minutes when we're not 3-0 up and playing like barcelona . 

Our defenders were.

His performance was what Will should aspire to - bloody fantastic. Saying that, I didn't clap him off, but I was glad to see him depart.

Going back to the title of this thread, if we don't get a result tomorrow I imagine some of the players will start looking over their shoulders to see if MM gives NP the tap on the shoulder.

Massive game. We should win it, in which case its green shoots of recovery. Lose, and its the start of the downward spiral - we will become the nose-scratching topic for all football pundits (as if we aren't already).

I reckon it will be 0-0 and we stay mired, or that's how it will feel.

4 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Going back to the title of this thread, if we don't get a result tomorrow I imagine some of the players will start looking over their shoulders to see if MM gives NP the tap on the shoulder.

Massive game. We should win it, in which case its green shoots of recovery. Lose, and its the start of the downward spiral - we will become the nose-scratching topic for all football pundits (as if we aren't already).

I reckon it will be 0-0 and we stay mired, or that's how it will feel.

The performance is equally important as the result. A scraped 1-0 victory playing hoofball will not paper over the cracks for me.

12 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Very true. I have a funny feeling we won't be watching Brazil tomorrow.

I'm not expecting miracles but we are playing a poor team and it's a good chance to get players confidence up, that's not going to happen by having them chase long hopeful punts towards the corner flags

V Liverpool, the gulf in players was clear but the gulf in managers was also very clear. Pearson needs to show us that he can teach a team how to play good winning football. I'm not saying he cannot but for now all he can do is blame lack of time and lack of ability and he's said over and over we have talented players. 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

V Liverpool, the gulf in players was clear but the gulf in managers was also very clear. Pearson needs to show us that he can teach a team how to play good winning football. I'm not saying he cannot but for now all he can do is blame lack of time and lack of ability and he's said over and over we have talented players. 

True. I think Klopp is another one-off legend developing before our very eyes. The Liverpool game was such bad timing, without it NP would have had a whole week. Could have had a day of one-on-one meetings, a team-building day and then heaps of solid training.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

OK so you've exaggerated

No I did not. I am in the West stand behind the manager and obviously in a different part of the ground to you. People stood up to clap him off. - there was a large group from just beyond our technical area to way past where Klop stood .  At the end the game the same folks clapped off the Liverpool team and incidentally drowned off us, that clapped off Derby (deservedly or not).

The following day I made the same comment to someone in the East stand - who also echoed my views and saw what I saw, So no exaggeration, no development of some profound deep seated hysteria, just plain reality.

As to the team; gulf in class, 70% effort (100% may have made us at least appear competitive) maybe because it was a lost cause but green shoots of progress at times, therefore we have to give Pearson the chance.

My over-riding feeling is of one frustration people would even consider sacking him.

I'd compare it to having a slight but nagging toothache and keep trying different things...before finally deciding it needs sorting once and for-all. So you see a dentist with a good reputation then when he's halfway through drilling, suddenly jumping up and saying you've changed your mind!! It's a bit bloody late for that now...you just gotta strap on a pair and see it through..and guess what? It's temporary discomfort that's unavoidable now and is actually probably going to the right decision in the end anyway!!

PS I do realise this is an open goal for the 'currently its worse than going to dentist /I'd rather have teeth pulled out' replies ?

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

My over-riding feeling is of one frustration people would even consider sacking him.

I'd compare it to having a slight but nagging toothache and keep trying different things...before finally deciding it needs sorting once and for-all. So you see a dentist with a good reputation then when he's halfway through drilling, suddenly jumping up and saying you've changed your mind!! It's a bit bloody late for that now...you just gotta strap on a pair and see it through..and guess what? It's temporary discomfort that's unavoidable now and is actually probably going to the right decision in the end anyway!!

PS I do realise this is an open goal for the 'currently its worse than going to dentist /I'd rather have teeth pulled out' replies ?

Great analogy ?

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Sounds like my last trip to the dentists. The Carol Vorderman lookalike had been replaced by a railway navvy. When he'd finished I was expecting a bell to ring and to rush into the corner of the room and sit on a stool.

Hopefully we will have a 'new smile' tomorrow at 5pm.

11 hours ago, archied said:

No at this point he should be given a proper amount of time ( at least a season with two windows ) , when Mac was here and we were firing we all debated how our team would cut it in the prem and who could cut it and who would need replacing , well for me the Liverpool game and the other cup games before it against prem opposition have shown that there is vetually nobody in our team who will cut it if we go up , even young will is going to have to improve massively for the next level ( maybe why he s not been snatched away , as I've posted elsewhere this current squad would make our record breaking prem flops look world beaters ,, if the remit for Derby is to build a team to go up and stay up and it is ,,then a massive rebuild IS required ,,, the only way that can work is getting a manager Mel trusts to do the job and going through the pain we have now , let's not kid ourselves that any manager coming in would not be facing the same problems even if he was going 4/3/3 but replacing players with better ones ,,, no matter what formation we are in to be sucessfull a manager is going to have to demand and get a level of commitment and consistency from the players he has ,, our current crop cannot or will not provide that , take ince, I don't nessesarily think he's lazy or has a bad attitude but the truth is he can't produce any consistency in his performances , you could perhaps go through the whole team and say the same ,whether your personal view is that each or any player is either just not up to it but works hard ( the view many hold on keough) or they are poss good enough but don't work hard, that runs through the whole squad ,,,,, whether Pearson is the right man or should be outed after 8 games is a personal choice / opinion but the truth that can't be avoided is there is a very big rebuild Job to be done to reach mels target for the club, promotion ,compete in the prem , play decent football 

Annnnnnnnnndddddddddd......breathe...:lol:

Archived