Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

Not read the whole thread, but my feeling is that he probably shouldn't be shown the door but almost certainly will. 

I think he deserves a full season, in that Mel signed on for this and we should see how things develop. I don't think he'll get one though, he's a mardy git and will almost certainly say or do something to make his job untenable in the next few weeks. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Last post for a while guys. Only lasted 3 days last time. But to have a thread taken off which critiscises the club as a whole after 3 minutes WITHOUT explanation is unjust and uncalled for......

We are allowed to critiscise the manager and players etc..... Why can't I critiscise the club as a whole?

Ive not called anyone dishonest or questioned anyone's integrity. 

Really upset about this.

Regards Andy Margett 

You don't eat enough sausages ;-)

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Sack the players before him. We need to have faith in him. The problems aren't going disappear if he is sacked. I suggest that we strip the wages from the players and give them to charity until they start upping their game because this isn't acceptable. It isn't Pearsons fault that Keogh has about 2 brain cells or that Bryson has a function in his brain to tell him to pass it backwards

It is that he gave him a THREE YEAR contract

No absolutely not, Martin can't score so good decision now at Fulham, The 2 new signings have now scored, our midfield don't score, and NP will sort this out, it's what he is good at, another change would be nuts, we wanted Powell and Indiago so we have to keep faith. This was coming due to our collapses the last 2 years, players love it at Derby, good place to work well paid but soon some will be be at Alloa, Ssausagehopre and other clubs and that's  no disrespect including Ince who will be on the scrap heap unless he bucks his ideas up... 

No - whilst results are frustrating it's the players who need to take a long hard look at themselves. Often criticised for inconsistency they are certainly addressing it this season by being consistently crap! Once they cross the white line it's down to them and despite repeated chances they are failing to deliver. This is the biggest criticism I have of Pearson is that he hasn't been ruthless enough - I was hoping for a much bigger shake up when he came in. Given time he will sort this and I think today several players may have played their last game for him and 1 or 2 might be facing a longer spell out the team. Keogh, Carson, Butterfield, Olsson, Bent and possibly Bryson won't be playing the next game and before everyone jumps down my throat about who they will be replaced with I think Nigel has already decided that the kids won't do any worse. He will be given the season to see this through and January will be a very active transfer window!

2 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Should Pearson be shown the door ?

No he should be KICKED through it !!!

I'd bloody do it myself and I'll tell you why. 

The summer has gone, no more holidays, it's a long cold winter but what makes winter bearable is the weekends of football. But from the last 3 seasons of looking forward to watching my team play attacking styles I've gone to being bored, fed up and feeling like I've wasted my very hard earned cash on the pile of *****. I've said he's not the right fit here and he's not doing anything to change my mind  :angry:

Pearson stated at the start of the season that aim was promotion. I assume that this goal was made jointly with Mel, in which case he should be sacked if he misses out on the playoffs. The fact that he has made this team look quite so rubbish is a testement to his skills, especiallly when the same squad reached the playoffs last season while getting used to the methods of two rookie managers and dealing with the injuries of two of our best midfielders. Pearson is making Wassall and Clement look liike the bloody second coming of Matt Busby and Bill Shankley at the moment.

If we lose at Cardiff on Tuesday I wouldn't be surprised to see Mel pull the trigger. Alternatively, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mel keep him in the job until we're all but relegated in an attempt to placate those who say he's trigger happy. Who knows?

All I know for certain is that whether it is next week or at the end of the season I will not weep when Pearson is sacked (because believe me he'll never resign, he's too stubborn a man to do that).

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

I think what Pearson has done is quite amazing. If we'd given the job to a Forest fan they'd have struggled to perform such a quick and comprehensive hatchet job on a team that finished 5th.

I've said to a few friends recently, if I (for some reason) wanted to deliberately sabotage the team we had under mcclaren, I would be doing exactly what Pearson is doing now.

28 September 2013

Played 9 ; Goals scored 14 ; Goals against 13  ;  Points 11 ; Position 14th

"However, after much consideration, the board feel it is time to move forward to the next level, which will necessitate a comprehensive review of the club's football operations"

24 September 2016

Played 9 ; Goals scored 3 ; Goals against 9  ;  Points 6 ;  Position 22nd

Are we nearly there yet?:whistle:

Don't talk rubbish ,he is trying to get a balanced squad, looks to me like some of the players can't adjust to his way of playing. I am disappointed that he didn't see what most had guessed before the season started , but maybe with ffp his hands are tied ATM.he needs this season to get his team sorted we all knew that before hand realistically. We are missing a cm captain rb and a proven striker but contracted players are hard to get rid of if they are underperforming

5 minutes ago, Garry said:

Don't talk rubbish ,he is trying to get a balanced squad, looks to me like some of the players can't adjust to his way of playing. I am disappointed that he didn't see what most had guessed before the season started , but maybe with ffp his hands are tied ATM.he needs this season to get his team sorted we all knew that before hand realistically. We are missing a cm captain rb and a proven striker but contracted players are hard to get rid of if they are underperforming

We had a captain - Buxton. Pearson sold him.

We had a proven striker - Martin. Pearson loaned him out.

If he was a good manager, he would have got to the club and immediately bought a defensive midfielder which allowed us to play 433 with Hughes and Bryson bombing forward, whilst at the same time covering the defence. This was beyond him. One player was all he needed.

Archived