Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Sacking paul clement was a disgraceful decision in my opinion. Since Mel Morris has been at the club its been error after error.

I wish he'd just Sit in the directors box, sign off the cheques & leave the day to day running of the club and decision making regarding managers to someone else. He is ruining the club. 

I was looking forward to this season. He has had the best part of 6 months since sacking clement to undertake his little 'review' & make an appointment which he has completely got wrong. Im pretty sure most fans in here could identify where its gone wrong in 5mins so id love to know what he was doing in the months between sacking clement & appointing this joker  

Very true. I think it boils down to the fact that he's a supporter and he's probably making decisions on emotion rather than sense. Yes Clement was serving up some pretty dross football but from the outside in sacking him was purely madness. To give the reason for sacking him as "he doesn't play the Derby way" also sets him up for a massive fall.

I feel for Mel though, he's a Derby trying to do his best. I didn't approve of Pearson as manager myself but I didn't expect him to serve up this much dross.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last post for a while guys. Only lasted 3 days last time. But to have a thread taken off which critiscises the club as a whole after 3 minutes WITHOUT explanation is unjust and uncalled for......

We are allowed to critiscise the manager and players etc..... Why can't I critiscise the club as a whole?

Ive not called anyone dishonest or questioned anyone's integrity. 

Really upset about this.

Regards Andy Margett 

Is it appropriate to post Wolves who finished 14th last season and Reading (17th) also have new managers and are currently in 4th position (Reading) and just out of the play off position on goal difference (Wolves)

How come our manager needs all this time I keep reading about he needs when he took over a side that finished 5th and really didn't need the total rebuilding he would have us believe it needs ?

I think we're being conned. 

5 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Is it appropriate to post Wolves who finished 14th last season and Reading (17th) also have new managers and are currently in 4th position (Reading) and just out of the play off position on goal difference (Wolves)

How come our manager needs all this time I keep reading about he needs when he took over a side that finished 5th and really didn't need the total rebuilding he would have us believe it needs ?

I think we're being conned. 

We are playing square pegs in round holes and this bloke has never done anything with out his beloved coaching team at Festa. 

He he needs to get out now and shut the door behind him. I guess even the players would have a smile on their faces

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This has to have been the final straw, if a manager isn't sacked for taking Derby into the championship relegation zone then I don't know what's happened to our ambition and club as a whole

Like ive said... a top 6 nearly men team to relegation fodder. Let a 20 goal a season man gonand put a number 10 in his role. Done well 2 get 10.5m for jeff but pointless as spunked 8m on vydra

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Like ive said... a top 6 nearly men team to relegation fodder. Let a 20 goal a season man gonand put a number 10 in his role. Done well 2 get 10.5m for jeff but pointless as spunked 8m on vydra

Agree with all of that apart from the vydra bit, I think he's a brilliant player- always have and is well worth the money, just need a manager now to use him...

Clements football was deathly dull but he seemed to have more idea than Pearson....he can't keep blaming the team,its poor management if they don't know what he wants or it simply doesn't work.

I begrudgingly accepted Pearson as manager because I thought we would at least be promoted..the pretty stuff would come later.....

Sadly we are in the relegation zone,a with football that couldn't be less pretty if it was Teresa may in a bin bag.

Bitterly disappointed.....but not with Mel,he's as surprised as the rest of us that Pearson's not working out

I have defended the appointment, criticised posters on here for calling for his head, but sometimes a manager just does not fit, look at paul jewell. I am really concerned for us right now, today was a game we should have won, it was shocking to lose it.

I see no sign anything will improve, i cannot believe after 3 years of flirting with promotion we are now flirting with relegation, and yes i know its early but where are the green shoots of improvement, there arent any.

Time for Mel to have a 121 with him, 5 more games nigel, if no clear signs of improvement im sorry but you are on your way.

Archived