Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Has he been assigned a squad number yet? I can't see any mention in the article on the OS and there aren't any photos of him holding up the shirt with his name and number on the back.

I'm just speculating but if he hasn't been assigned a number, could it be that Bent or Martin are off and he'll take the number 9 or 10 once they go?

Wilson wasn't given a number for a few days so I guess it will be announced in the next few days.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle ?

Forest fans must be sat there not knowing whether to laugh or get angry, they might be well out of this, esp with fatwazs over soending.

5m for a striker they dont even need, and hes a poor mans martin ffs. Martin must be sold for no less than 10

Just now, rynny said:

Wilson wasn't given a number for a few days so I guess it will be announced in the next few days.

The signing was announced and his number was revealed in the official photos. Vydra has already had his official photos but no mention of the number. Can't imagine there being much hold up in choosing a number, just show him what's available and he can choose what he wants. Unless he's told 9 or 10 will be available before the next game, so can wait to take one of those.

I think it's clear that someone will be going. If Kodjia comes then it's almost certain. If he doesn't then someone else may, we already know just from intent that clearly Bent and Martin aren't at the front of his plans. Kodjia would make it 3 strikers signed in a week. I think Martin will go as he'll obviously draw in a decent fee to recoup some of the outlay on Vydra and Kodjia. Bent may as well go too because he offers nothing to us as a team. He's just wasted wages and with Vydra, Wilson and Kodjia he won't even get on our bench.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The signing was announced and his number was revealed in the official photos. Vydra has already had his official photos but no mention of the number. Can't imagine there being much hold up in choosing a number, just show him what's available and he can choose what he wants. Unless he's told 9 or 10 will be available before the next game, so can wait to take one of those.

I think it's clear that someone will be going. If Kodjia comes then it's almost certain. If he doesn't then someone else may, we already know just from intent that clearly Bent and Martin aren't at the front of his plans. Kodjia would make it 3 strikers signed in a week. I think Martin will go as he'll obviously draw in a decent fee to recoup some of the outlay on Vydra and Kodjia. Bent may as well go too because he offers nothing to us as a team. He's just wasted wages and with Vydra, Wilson and Kodjia he won't even get on our bench.

You may be right. I guess we will wait and see 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not PL quality? When did we get promoted, must have missed that?

If you're buying anyone for £8m when you're in the Championship I would expect them to be around for more than just attempting promotion seasons. I'd expect someone who has been proven to at least cope somewhat effectively or show promise for future use in the Premier League.

£8m here when Bamford was available for example? Bamford at least dominates this league in a good side and is a young age. Vydra has not done anything of note for three years.

2 minutes ago, Alex W said:

If you're buying anyone for £8m when you're in the Championship I would expect them to be around for more than just attempting promotion seasons. I'd expect someone who has been proven to at least cope somewhat effectively or show promise for future use in the Premier League.

£8m here when Bamford was available for example? Bamford at least dominates this league in a good side and is a young age. Vydra has not done anything of note for three years.

Bamford is at a young age yes, he's 23 next week. Unlike the guy we've signed. He's at the ripe old age of 24...

Bamford has also played at PL level and flopped. He did nothing to suggest he could be of genuine use to a relegation fighting side, which is the highest he's managed. Yet this season there are no PL takers and he'll likely end up at this level again. If you want to give an example to argue that we can sign a world beater at this level for £8mil then try again, because Bamford isn't the best example. 

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Bamford is at a young age yes, he's 23 next week. Unlike the guy we've signed. He's at the ripe old age of 24...

Bamford has also played at PL level and flopped. He did nothing to suggest he could be of genuine use to a relegation fighting side, which is the highest he's managed. Yet this season there are no PL takers and he'll likely end up at this level again. If you want to give an example to argue that we can sign a world beater at this level for £8mil then try again, because Bamford isn't the best example. 

Bamford is going Burnley on loan

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Bamford is going Burnley on loan

Good luck to him. Not the sort of player I'd want to have up front when you're looking to grind out wins. He wasn't the player Palace needed, they sent him back. Obviously not what Norwich needed either, he scored 0 and they went down.

54 minutes ago, Alex W said:

The year (14/15) Bamford was at Boro he scored 19 in 41 and Vydra scored 16 in 45 in the same year. Not exactly a bad return.

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

The year (14/15) Bamford was at Boro he scored 19 in 41 and Vydra scored 16 in 45 in the same year. Not exactly a bad return.

A fair point, I'd still put him behind Bamford however. For a club record fee we should be expecting a stellar signing, not a player coming in on the back of 3 goals in 31 for a Reading side who didn't impress. 

We've massively overpaid. Not only will that fee hang over him now, he's not a better footballer than Martin, so unless he's planning on ditching Martin as the rumours suggest you have a striker who's weaker than our current one coming in for a huge fee that is unlikely ever to be paid off. 

While the market is inflated it's shocking to me that we're throwing around the kind of figures being touted for Vydra and Kodja. 

Archived