Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

Vydra became a symbol of vitriol last season from Reading fans as he missed chance after chance, to the point where their manager had to come out and defend picking him whatsoever. And now we spend 8 million pounds on him.

He's not a poor player but he's not PL quality, he had a stinker last year, he hasn't performed like he did for Watford in his famously prolific season for several years and we've paid about three times his probable price (Reading loaned him for £1.5m for one year).

A poor deal from the outset, combined with the supposed Kodja price I'm disappointed in what's going on with this club. For £8m we should be signing a world beater at this level.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barking ******* mad.

I'll support the lad of course, but we want our bumps felt. Have we learned nothing for the pile of ***** we signed last summer?

4 minutes ago, needles said:

Barking ******* mad.

I'll support the lad of course, but we want our bumps felt. Have we learned nothing for the pile of ***** we signed last summer?

No you won't - just like you didn't support Butterfield and Johnson.

Your own words give you away. I'm not sure you fully understand the meaning of the word 'support'.

I rate this guy and I hope it goes well for us and him but he will need a partner in attack and I would like to see if Martin and Vydra could combine successfully but it doesn't look likely - I only hope we do not just start lumping it into the corners to chase down with him and Wilson 

17 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Vydra became a symbol of vitriol last season from Reading fans as he missed chance after chance, to the point where their manager had to come out and defend picking him whatsoever. And now we spend 8 million pounds on him.

He's not a poor player but he's not PL quality, he had a stinker last year, he hasn't performed like he did for Watford in his famously prolific season for several years and we've paid about three times his probable price (Reading loaned him for £1.5m for one year).

A poor deal from the outset, combined with the supposed Kodja price I'm disappointed in what's going on with this club. For £8m we should be signing a world beater at this level.

Like who ?

17 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Not PL quality? When did we get promoted, must have missed that?

13 minutes ago, needles said:

Barking ******* mad.

You don't rate him then?

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

You don't rate him then?

Don't know much about him. I just can't believe that we can be paying this kind of fee.

Just now, needles said:

Don't know much about him. I just can't believe that we can be paying this kind of fee.

Why judge him on a fee though? We didn't set it, he didn't set it, that's what Watford wanted and we agreed to pay.  He is still the same player at 1m or 8m.

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Why judge him on a fee though? We didn't set it, he didn't set it, that's what Watford wanted and we agreed to pay.  He is still the same player at 1m or 8m.

But if he continues his Reading form then it will feel a lot worse having paid 8 million.....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But if he continues his Reading form then it will feel a lot worse having paid 8 million.....

And if he regains his Watford form it will feel like an 8 million bargain....

Archived