Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Reithe glas said:

We've been listening to that for over 2 years "it's not Martin's fault, it's everybody elses".

He's not good enough to build your whole approach around. I'm glad we've got a manager who saw this from the off.

Bit harsh mate!  The issue has been that we only seemed to have the one way of playing so when the better sides nullified Chris and we were forced to 'go long' there was no plan B so our much vaunted midfield has to take some of the responsibility. IMO he's done us proud despite the recent goal drought. Can't sniff at 60 odd goals really!

I am not sure how Vydra alone is going to solve the stuttering start to the season but he will certainly help. He omly has to score 1 to become the join top goal scorer in the side.

Great news though £8mil is a fair fee as well only a bit more than our previous record so not bad.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

The bitter skint florest lot are out "waste of money, another Weimann" is one I've read. Can't wait see Vydra put one past them, welcome to the Rams! 

Any more for any more?

8m a bit more than I'd have paid on football manager :whistle:

Seriously though lets hope he does the biz, and Forest would moan because its not them signing these players lol

We do need to offload some though.. Eddie mocks but we need to protect ourselves. 

This truly marks the beginning of a new cycle at Derby, and it's going to be feckin ugly.

After we flop under Nigel Pearson, he'll end up getting the boot and we'll have to go on another cost-cutting rampage of sorting out the clusterfack of a squad Mel Morris has given us.

Paul Jewell first season in the Championsip all over again.

All the hard work of five years under Clough has been thrown down the sh!tter.

18 minutes ago, AlsagerRam said:

8 million, 4 year contract, proved he can do it at this level, stop the moaning and get behind the lad

batp_zpsslq1i1nz.jpg

BooAll_zpsauk3uzqg.jpg

Splendid news.  

Its a lot of money and, as I posted earlier, in an ideal world I'd love to see us unearthing hidden gems BUT it ain't my money and if Mel is prepared to spend big then more power to him!! Those who criticise him and his spending are way off the mark for me. Give me a chairman/owner like Mel and Lionel anyday of the week over 'investors' (not that the Americans did a bad job in all fairness... the three amigos on the other hand...). 

14 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Pace upfront at last, we've been needing this for years :thumbsup: welcome to Derby Matej. Look forward to seeing you tear through the opponents defensive lines and racking up a good goal tally for the Rams. 

Finally, a replacement for Theo.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

This truly marks the beginning of a new cycle at Derby, and it's going to be feckin ugly.

After we flop under Nigel Pearson, he'll end up getting the boot and we'll have to go on another cost-cutting rampage of sorting out the clusterfack of a squad Mel Morris has given us.

Ah well. Life will go on. 

May as well suck it up and cheer on the lads, eh?  

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hell of a lot of money to spend on an out of form striker. Let's hope he does the business..in fact lets hope we create some chances for him. A strong defensive midfielder should next be on the list...

Form is temporary - class is that place you've got to go back to in September.

;)

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

QoDLDORhiyHle.gif

Archived