Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Only difference is Deeney has a better workrate then Martin, both similar players. 

Not at all, Nick Blackman is tall and a right mid, I guess he is similar to Gareth Bale,no? They're completely different players, if you think they're similar then you have obviously never watched Deeney play

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Only difference is Deeney has a better workrate then Martin, both similar players. 

Don't like doing it, but I have to agree with McLovin on this one. Deeney is much more of a battering ram type, much better in the air, prefers to play man on man with the centre back.

Just now, Srg said:

Don't like doing it, but I have to agree with McLovin on this one. Deeney is much more of a battering ram type, much better in the air, prefers to play man on man with the centre back.

I agree in sense, but both are quite technical, good at hold up play and creating goals. Deeney is more of a worker and a leader then Martin though.

8 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I agree in sense, but both are quite technical, good at hold up play and creating goals. Deeney is more of a worker and a leader then Martin though.

Martin's hold up play has been suspect for the last year or so. His hold up play was at its best in Mac's first season where we were a surprise team as such. Teams now know that if you get touch tight to Martin he will fall over and get moody. He is at his best when he has space to operate in but he isn't given space by teams anymore. The comment that currently Martin couldn't trap cement by Mackworth Ram did make me laugh a bit because it's completely true. 

Players don't have to be a carbon copy of Deeney to get the best out of Vydra. I know more about Deeney than I know about Martin admittedly, and McLovin is well informed in his assessment of TD, in my opinion. But Martin is a player you would want to keep surely because a) he's a proven Championship player - goal scorer and provider - and b)...in the context of this thread...him and Vydra on the pitch (with Hughes, who I'm a massive fan of, pulling the strings), could tear teams apart.

15 minutes ago, WatfordSi said:

Players don't have to be a carbon copy of Deeney to get the best out of Vydra. I know more about Deeney than I know about Martin admittedly, and McLovin is well informed in his assessment of TD, in my opinion. But Martin is a player you would want to keep surely because a) he's a proven Championship player - goal scorer and provider - and b)...in the context of this thread...him and Vydra on the pitch (with Hughes, who I'm a massive fan of, pulling the strings), could tear teams apart.

Please send this to our management team! 

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

If we want Vydra to play how he plays best, then we need a Deeney a-like.

Martin is ideal. Bent, Blackman, Wilson aren't. Seems so counterproductive to sell Martin to need to find someone who does exactly the same thing.

Unless Martin and Pearson don't get on..

Martin is suitable and perfect link up with Vydra. 

6 hours ago, TETRA said:

Well I really hope your in some way right, but a return of £15-£20 Million from a three day fire sale with what we have to offer makes me think you really are dreaming.

Sorry been out golfing at Breadsall Priory this morning and just got back in

Thanks for responding @MACKWORTHRAM I couldn't have said it better myself!

Looks like we are well on the way to £20m with Hendrick going to Hull for £10m and new bids in for Martin from Wolves and Fulham too. This dreaming lark is fun, now off for 40 winks to dream up the lottery numbers while I'm on a roll! ?

Vydra has an excellent record of scoring against Forest and Leeds. 

Forest - Seven goals in five games, in fact he's scored every time he's played against them.

Leeds - four goals in four games. 

If he keeps that up, he'll definitely be a popular choice with the fans. 

23 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Hardly bad luck vs Burnley, Leicester and most of the top 6 that year we were torn apart. That team was unfortunate not to get extra time vs Qpr that's about it.

Burnley? The game when we had our equaliser ruled out so Bobbie Madley could send Martin off for nothing? Hardly bad luck.

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Burnley? The game when we had our equaliser ruled out so Bobbie Madley could send Martin off for nothing? Hardly bad luck.

Worst refereeing since the Juventus bribing incident in 1973.

We would have chased Burnley down and won automatic promotion without Madley's disgraceful performance that day.

9 hours ago, Cool As Custard said:

Sorry been out golfing at Breadsall Priory this morning and just got back in

Thanks for responding @MACKWORTHRAM I couldn't have said it better myself!

Looks like we are well on the way to £20m with Hendrick going to Hull for £10m and new bids in for Martin from Wolves and Fulham too. This dreaming lark is fun, now off for 40 winks to dream up the lottery numbers while I'm on a roll! ?

Breadsall Priory's often the place where the club hammers out deals with new signings. Are you really trying to tell us you saw nothing? What about that hole where you let Sam Rush, Benik Afobe and Callum McManaman play through while you were looking for your ball?

51 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Breadsall Priory's often the place where the club hammers out deals with new signings. Are you really trying to tell us you saw nothing? What about that hole where you let Sam Rush, Benik Afobe and Callum McManaman play through while you were looking for your ball?

I'm a member at Breadsall and I've seen Fook all in and around the club in the 14 years I've been a member of the club. 

Archived