Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

This truly marks the beginning of a new cycle at Derby, and it's going to be feckin ugly.

After we flop under Nigel Pearson, he'll end up getting the boot and we'll have to go on another cost-cutting rampage of sorting out the clusterfack of a squad Mel Morris has given us.

Paul Jewell first season in the Championsip all over again.

All the hard work of five years under Clough has been thrown down the sh!tter.

Welcome to British football in 2016. Money in the PL now means teams will spend big to get there. Teams coming down will be able to spend even more. Either spend or tread water forever, it's going to be rare for a team to build a squad of bargains and get the luck to go up. We've taken the risk, it may pay off or it may not. We aren't the first and we certainly won't be the last.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

This truly marks the beginning of a new cycle at Derby, and it's going to be feckin ugly.

After we flop under Nigel Pearson, he'll end up getting the boot and we'll have to go on another cost-cutting rampage of sorting out the clusterfack of a squad Mel Morris has given us.

Based on what? A slow start in the first five games and the signing of a top striker? 

Go and support Huddersfield - they're 'together'.  

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Cheer up Bris - it might never happen!

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bris, were you not one of Cloughs biggest critics when he was here? i seem to remember when i joined the forum you wanting clough out of the club. 

If it wasn't you, disregard :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

He scored 4 against my Derby team on Pro Evo yesterday. I still had Buxton and he was obliterated. So promising signs.

I'm convinced enough to buy him for Scunny in CM.

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I was thinking more Nathan "the flag" Tyson TBH

There's your problem - I never think of Nathan Tyson.

PistoldPete2

nobody can say we dont have pace in the team now with weimann wilson and vydra. olsson no slouch either. no wingers tho. would like to see a CDM on loan too and we are down to 3 fit midfielders.  

36 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sh1te.

5 games in with a new manager that is obviously going to change how we play and move these UNSUCCESSFUL players out!!.

He looks like he's bringing in quality, especially if we also sign Kodji. The back 4 and carson are fine.

I can see more coming in either perms or season loans, but mark my words, the day is done for a lot of these players now.

Demanding instant success is stupidity, let him get HIS squad together, then see where we are.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

Sh1te.

5 games in with a new manager that is obviously going to change how we play and move these UNSUCCESSFUL players out!!.

He looks like he's bringing in quality, especially if we also sign Kodji. The back 4 and carson are fine.

I can see more coming in either perms or season loans, but mark my words, the day is done for a lot of these players now.

Demanding instant success is stupidity, let him get HIS squad together, then see where we are.

I would have backed him if he made these decisions eight weeks ago. But why now, five days before the transfer deadline? We've twiddled our thumbs all summer and now we've hit panic mode.

12 months ago it was an absolute clusterfack, this summer is even worse.

2 minutes ago, Garry said:

8 million too much for a reading loannee who scored 3 goals in 31games bad business yet again rather would of had a cm captain who can dictate play that we lack

He's a Watford player who is proven in this league.

Fans getting hung up on fee's is frankly laughable, it's not your money and there's no way MM will bang us into FFP turmoil.

He's not an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I would have backed him if he made these decisions eight weeks ago. But why now, five days before the transfer deadline? We've twiddled our thumbs all summer and now we've hit panic mode.

He's obviously given the players a chance to prove they have the minerals, most obviously don't. that's why he's starting to bring in players.

How is signing a proven striker and loaning a very well thought of man utd player panic buying?

How many goals have we scored this season???

PistoldPete2
47 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

who is panicking?  dissing the manager after 5 games and one signing? who says we will flop under pearson?

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I reckon it's more a case of giving the players already here the opportunity to make a place in the 11 their own. 

Those that haven't proven themselves to "The Boss" will now find themselves replaced and even moved out. 

He has given everyone available to him all the time possible and now is the very latest he could begging to make his moves. 

Lets wait and see what transpires over the next 3/4 days and asses from there. I'm confident we have the right man in charge and he will build his own side and we will reap the rewards. 

Keep the faith COYR

Archived