Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy is 24. Twenty four. People are acting like he scored a few goals for Watford 10 years ago and he's now in his 30's. The guy was championship player of the year when he was 21! Scored 17 goals  the season before last. Yes he had a poor run at Reading, shocker, Brian McDermott is hardly going to get the best out of any footballer! Have a read about, most Reading fans would have had him back in a heartbeat for the right price. Yes, the fee is excessive but "that is football" in 2016. 

To all saying "we could have done better for 7/8m. Examples, please. We've been quoted fooking million for Nahki Wells, look at his record! And don't just say a footballer and price, give an example of a player that has already move! 

33 year old Murphy from Ipswich is going to Newcastle for 5m! It's the market now

I do miss the days of freebies and bargains but ah well? If we're splashing the cash, any chance of a new defensive midfielder please? 

1 minute ago, ramit said:

Welcome to Derby Matej

Yeah welcome we will soon knock your motivation and any enthusiasm out of you,if the fans cant do am sure the players will.

A good signing me thinks,let the lad settle and give him a chance before we start dishing him

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Why judge him on a fee though? We didn't set it, he didn't set it, that's what Watford wanted and we agreed to pay.  He is still the same player at 1m or 8m.

I'm not judging him. I'm judging the club. I think it's madness to spending that kind of money. 

5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

The guy is 24. Twenty four. People are acting like he scored a few goals for Watford 10 years ago and he's now in his 30's. The guy was championship player of the year when he was 21! Scored 17 goals  the season before last. Yes he had a poor run at Reading, shocker, Brian McDermott is hardly going to get the best out of any footballer! Have a read about, most Reading fans would have had him back in a heartbeat for the right price. Yes, the fee is excessive but "that is football" in 2016. 

To all saying "we could have done better for 7/8m. Examples, please. We've been quoted fooking million for Nahki Wells, look at his record! And don't just say a footballer and price, give an example of a player that has already move! 

33 year old Murphy from Ipswich is going to Newcastle for 5m! It's the market now

What's shabby about Nahki Wells's record, superior to Vydra's.....

The transfer market this season in particular is ridiculous, its increased 10 fold since 2 or 3 seasons ago, but I really couldnt care less if a player is a record buy, free or on loan and I dont care how much they earn a week all I care about is that they give their all and do their best whilst they play for this club I support.

Whoever we bring in will get mine and hopefully all of our fans support from the beginning.

37 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

8 million...... Panic button not only pressed but smashed to pieces

Like the lad but that's mental money

I wouldn't take too much notice of any fee being quoted - each side will have their own reasons for either minimising or maximising the figure. Guess there'll be various add-ons, there usually is with the bigger transfers these days and I suspect most of them never materialise.

27 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Just sick of these players coming in on massive wages. Where's the incebtive. To come to Derby from Watford we must have given him more money. That's what it's all about. Football is a joke 

Most people move from one employer to another for more money - face facts, it's the way of the world. Nothing wrong with it and it's not as if it's coming out of your pocket!

Has he been assigned a squad number yet? I can't see any mention in the article on the OS and there aren't any photos of him holding up the shirt with his name and number on the back.

I'm just speculating but if he hasn't been assigned a number, could it be that Bent or Martin are off and he'll take the number 9 or 10 once they go?

Mr Pearson paid out 8 million pounds for ulloa and people laughed. 

However he scored some very vital goals for the foxes in two seasons. 

Ulloa was also older and had one good season with the seagulls. 

Most English football fans have heard of and seen vydra and the general consensus is he is a footballer of above average talent and apart from last season has delivered the goods in this division. 

Make no mistake the current squad is not good enough to do what we as fans want to see which is of course to be back in the top league.

Transfers have been going crazy for some time now and the 11 million paid by Fulham for McCormack was an indicator of how far out of hand fees have become.

With that in mind is 8 million that big of an intellectual leap for a Czech international? 

Archived