Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

Way to much money for him 3 goals in 31games for reading last year Watford seen us coming or are they buying Chris martin and bent of us for 20 million. We needed a cm and a rb a leader in the middle of the pitch

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

CM we have Thorne, Hendrick, Hughes, Butterfield how many more do we need.. Thorne hopefully will come back fit,maybe a break quick player which Hendrick can do...

But only Thorne can play the holding role. We are being overrun in midfield.

6 minutes ago, Garry said:

Way to much money for him 3 goals in 31games for reading last year Watford seen us coming or are they buying Chris martin and bent of us for 20 million. We needed a cm and a rb a leader in the middle of the pitch

Agree about Vydra and the need for leader in m/f. I still think Christie is good enough at RB. I don't think the defence is the problem.

15 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

A total waste of money. Vydra was very good 3 years ago but has lost his way.

He hasn't kicked a ****** ball for us yet and ya calling him a waste of money!!!

Tell me how was Martin doing when we signed him?

And don't talk about how much they cost us, money has nothing to do with fans, I couldn't give 2 cows t1ts if we paid 30mill for martin or got him on a free!. Finance means nothing to us, let the owner worry about that.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

He hasn't kicked a ****** ball for us yet and ya calling him a waste of money!!!

And don't talk about how much they cost us, money has nothing to do with fans, I couldn't give 2 cows t1ts if we paid 30mill for martin or got him on a free!. Finance means nothing to us, let the owner worry about that.

Exactly the money spent is not our concern, we never truly know how much we bought or sold anyone for why would we. 

Its a job for Mel, Sam and the finance team within the group. 

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

8 mill is a lot of money. I think it is fair to discuss if that seems to be good value and what the alternatives might have been. I am sure he will get the support of all of us regardless. He will from me anyway.

I keep seeing people say 8 million is too much but Martin is possibly going for 9 million? And personally I'd pay more for vydra than Martin any day of the week? Vydra is a great all rounded striker , I've always liked Martin but to buy vydra and sell Martin and still gain 1 million would be great business if it happens!

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I keep seeing people say 8 million is too much but Martin is possibly going for 9 million? And personally I'd pay more for vydra than Martin any day of the week? Vydra is a great all rounded striker , I've always liked Martin but to buy vydra and sell Martin and still gain 1 million would be great business if it happens!

Hang on, how in the hell is Vydra more all-rounded than Martin? I'm happy about this transfer and everything but this makes no sense.

Martin is a target man used for link up play but you have to play specifically to his style otherwise he drifts out of the game regular to the point you don't know he's on the field, are you serious? Vydra has pace skill and can finish I think Martin is a very limited striker, I do rate him but not as highly 

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Here is a video that shows his actual contribution to a game rather than just his awesome goals. Gives you a good idea of what to expect from an actual performance in a whole match:

So not a lot then but given a chance will score goals

Archived