Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/12/2016 at 14:53, cheron85 said:

Love Granty, so pleased he's getting Premier League football (and justifies my belief that the difference between the England keepers and English championship keepers is basically nothing)

We missed him when we had Butland on loan and he was an England international by that point! 

Mark Hughes appears to have thrown a few of his toys out of the pram in negotiating a permanent move for Granty:

Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has hinted that Derby County could be asking too much for goalkeeper Lee Grant.

The 33-year-old is currently on loan with the Premier League side, who are keen to keep hold of him.

Hughes admits that the Rams have the upper hand - with Stoke's Jack Butland still some way off a return to the first-team - and the former Manchester United man wants a solution soon.

"We would like Lee to stay and I think Lee would love to be a part of the club," Hughes told the Stoke Sentinel.

"Obviously Derby have the upper hand in negotiation and maybe we need to come towards a bit more of a sensible conclusion.

"At the moment, it's a little bit difficult. It needs to be resolved for all three parties."

Grant's form for the Potteries side has been good. Hughes was impressed with Grant again during Stoke's goalless draw with Southampton on Tuesday night, in which he brilliantly backed up a Stoke side reduced to 10 men after Marko Arnautovic's 23rd minute dismissal for serious foul play.

From the DET, via the Stoke Sentinel :ph34r:

I think the pressure's getting to him. Arnautovic committed a horrendous tackle on one of the Southampton players last night and then Hughes had the gall to say it shouldn't have been a red card. Couldn't believe my ears then realised who was saying this.

Even with Mourinho and Pardew as competition, he's the most arrogant manager in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

I think the pressure's getting to him. Arnautovic committed a horrendous tackle on one of the Southampton players last night and then Hughes had the gall to say it shouldn't have been a red card. Couldn't believe my ears then realised who was saying this.

Even with Mourinho and Pardew as competition, he's the most arrogant manager in the Premier League. 

Agreed, I can't understand how he keeps getting PL jobs. 

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I imagine living in Stoke can make anyone delusional.

We have no proven back up if something happens to Carson.

We now all take for granted (no pun intended) all the saves and clean sheets that Carson makes. We would have lost or drawn without him  many of the matches we have recently won, in my opinion. 

Grant as back up would allow that quality to continue, possibly resulting in promotion this season.

There is a value attached to letting someone like that go. 

If Stoke think that they can sign a proven premier quality keeper, straight into their first team, without paying that value, they would be crazy. 

£1m minimum or no deal

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

We have no proven back up if something happens to Carson.

We now all take for granted (no pun intended) all the saves and clean sheets that Carson makes. We would have lost or drawn without him  many of the matches we have recently won, in my opinion. 

Grant as back up would allow that quality to continue, possibly resulting in promotion this season.

There is a value attached to letting someone like that go. 

If Stoke think that they can sign a proven premier quality keeper, straight into their first team, without paying that value, they would be crazy. 

£1m minimum or no deal

Agreed, he's too good to let go for peanuts. 

We prob want more than 1m. I'm guessing it's closer to 2m. You've got by current form one of the top keepers in the premier league with an injury stricken butland. Fork over the dosh, Stoke, don't be so cheap: Grant has earned you plenty of points so far!

Archived