Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cymru said:

get him back to replce the gables tooth keeper

Just seen m.o.t.d and like others real pleased for him.

With form like today, if Stoke  somehow don't want him, another Prem team will even as back up; he's playing too good for the championship right now. Can't see him coming back myself.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Please he is doing well, unfortunately Carson has not been doing well for some time now in my opinion 

Mine too, I don't understand the Grant hate, he's a form keeper. If he's not confident he wobbles, if he is he's great. Carson is more a 6-7/10 a game man which is generally more reliable but Grant really isn't that far behind him, if at all. Grant on form during the Mac years was excellent.

15 hours ago, Alex W said:

Mine too, I don't understand the Grant hate, he's a form keeper. If he's not confident he wobbles, if he is he's great. Carson is more a 6-7/10 a game man which is generally more reliable but Grant really isn't that far behind him, if at all. Grant on form during the Mac years was excellent.

If we were to play it out from the back again I'd have Grant starting every time. His ability with the ball at his feet would give him the edge. If we we're to become a solid team then Carson gets the spot for reliability alone. 

Pleased for Grant and he was great in the first Mac season. But since then he has cost us several goals at key times that have dented our promotion hopes, letting them in in the manner I'd be disappointed a ten year old on the school team would concede. We (or rather our defence) need to have confidence and know they can rely on their keeper and for me the trust is broken.

Great if he does well and we can profit on him. Much prefer Carson who's not in the habit (and it became a habit) of punching the ball into his own net. Very talented but playing for Derby he got the yips.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Pleased for Grant and he was great in the first Mac season. But since then he has cost us several goals at key times that have dented our promotion hopes, letting them in in the manner I'd be disappointed a ten year old on the school team would concede. We (or rather our defence) need to have confidence and know they can rely on their keeper and for me the trust is broken.

Great if he does well and we can profit on him. Much prefer Carson who's not in the habit (and it became a habit) of punching the ball into his own net. Very talented but playing for Derby he got the yips.

Carson. Did punch the ball into his own net to be saved by wieman at MK Dons last year when we were 2-1 up - small margins but not much difference.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Carson. Did punch the ball into his own net to be saved by wieman at MK Dons last year when we were 2-1 up - small margins but not much difference.

You're right and I nearly mentioned that, but I was generalizing and happily he's not looked like doing it again. I feel Grant might easily do it in every match. My heart was aways in my mouth so I think it's inevitable our defenders would be thinking the same.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

You're right and I nearly mentioned that, but I was generalizing and happily he's not looked like doing it again. I feel Grant might easily do it in every match. My heart was aways in my mouth so I think it's inevitable our defenders would be thinking the same.

I know what you are saying, that said we have seen Grant a lot more over the years so yes more mistakes, -  I wouldn't mind seeing Carson not letting goals in without moving or being unable to dive low down before the ball has passed him. Plenty of things things wrong with the others but more noticeable with the keepers 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Be fair to Granty - he was injured in the run-in and could barely jump. Explains why in the space of 12 games he punched the ball into his own net and conceded directly from a corner twice. 

44 minutes ago, cannable said:

Be fair to Granty - he was injured in the run-in and could barely jump. Explains why in the space of 12 games he punched the ball into his own net and conceded directly from a corner twice. 

Could also argue big enough to play when asked to, even though he knew he wasn't fit and couldn't probably expect to play to potential i.e. Likely to drop an odd ricket; but did so for the cause.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Let's not get too carried away now. He is still miles behind the likes of Hart,Butland,Foster,Pickford, Forster and Heaton.

Put Forster third and Foster last and I'll agree with your statement regarding the first 3. Others are definitely not "miles" ahead of Grant, or Carson.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Let's not get too carried away now. He is still miles behind the likes of Hart,Butland,Foster,Pickford, Forster and Heaton.

Foster has retired and considering there are 3 keepers in the England squad he only really has Pickford and Heaton ahead of him. 

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

1) It was a joke.. 

2) Ben Foster retired keep up Mr so called Expert. 

So we are standing by the pitch at Burton next to the cool ex DLF Burton steward with the Rams tat on his neck - and we are watching the goalie warmup with Lee G just an arms length from us. He's sending accurate long balls in to Carson. Was dying to ask him, "Lee, how much long are you going to put up with being number 2 here". Turned to my mate and said, he can't be doing this, he needs to get out of here for his own careers sake. He agreed. Sure enough and a month later and he's playing v Pogba and zlatan at old Trafford - it's amazing how players fortunes can change instantly.  All of a sudden, with one fantastic center stage performance, the most famous DCFC player worldwide is our backup goalkeeper.

Archived