Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

Always remember people saying how Hughes as a player was quiet as a mouse off the pitch yet he could be a right git on the field - seems that since he can no longer play, he's reserved being a git for the times when someone sticks a microphone under his nose....he's aware that their fans want to keep Grant, so he's trying to paint us as being unreasonable - if he had an ounce of class, he'd keep his gob shut and let the grown-ups negotiate behind closed doors....

To be honest I doubt that there's been any sort of serious negotiation at this stage - they've asked if we'll accept a silly low amount and we've countered with a silly high price - there will be an agreement somewhere in the middle...

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd expect us to deal at just over £1m - if it's higher i'll assume it's more goatie witchcraft from Rush. 

Sam Rush could sell a treadmill to Stephen Hawking. He could sell VHS tapes to a Blu Ray manufacturer. He's that good. 

I don't think we have much power in this negotiation.

1) His contract up end of the year.
2) He's 32/33? Certainly early 30's (Although that means 3-4 years left with a GK to be fair)
3) We don't need him and we have a decent number 2
4) Stoke want him but could easily find another GK for 2 months until Butland is back, or worst case could just go back to Shay Given.

Honestly, any £1 over £500k that Rush gets for him I would consider an exceptional job.

Let him go. Get the deal done. 1-5 to 2 is good. He's been a good servant and he's flourishing in the premier league. I rather enjoy watching him and Hendrick do well in the higher league - it puts PL teams on alert that we have real quality players. 

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

The DT now saying it was 750k, they need to make their mind up. 750k is a reject for me.

Sell sell sell

carson is a far better keeper. Making great saves each week and holding it.

grant needs derby to be reasonable.

mitchell is the future.

£750k is fine.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Sell sell sell

carson is a far better keeper. Making great saves each week and holding it.

grant needs derby to be reasonable.

mitchell is the future.

£750k is fine.

£2m is fine that it. 

The deal will be sorted eventually. It suits both parties.

If we don't sell him, he'll come back here and at best push a good, young keeper off the bench and take away his matchday experiences and any possible first team chances between January & the end of the season. Grant may even come back and not even get a place on the bench.

Stoke know we either sell or lose him for nothing. He's not going to play even if he does come back so it makes no sense at all to price him out of a move.

He turns 34 during the upcoming transfer window and will become number 2 the second Jack Butland is fit.

£4mil is ridiculous to be fair. If we get half of that we've still ripped Stoke off when you consider all circumstances.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Stoke obviously didn't agree a fee for a permanent transfer did they it seems.

i believe we have to be fair with Grant and it would be a big opportunity for him, I think based on his performances so far £1.2 million seems about right.

That would be a good and the right deal all round 

Archived