Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22 December 2016 at 10:58, mrdave85 said:

The reason I think no-one is clamouring to keep him is because of how solid our back 5 has been. 

Grant may be in the form of his life at Stoke but that doesn't mean it would definitely be the case here, then would dropping Carson affect his morale etc etc. 

I think this is a good move for all parties, just depends on the negotiations. I'd be happy with £1m for Granty, but I trust in our Sam to get the best deal for the club.

We are looking for £4.5 million for grant apparently. A late Christmas present in January?

Do we have a recall clause in the loan?

If Carson picks up an injury is Mitchell certain be to ready to step up? With our luck we could easily see this apparently innocuous deal derailing us in the near future. We've been undermined by injuries and / or lack of cover leading to late-season meltdowns before now and I'd sooner we avoid another bad trip if we can?

For me he stays on our books. There will be other ways to reward the good service he's given once we've secured a play-off spot.

Just now, 86 points said:

If Carson picks up an injury is Mitchell certain be to ready to step up? With our luck we could easily see this apparently innocuous deal derailing us in the near future. We've been undermined by injuries and / or lack of cover leading to late-season meltdowns before now and I'd sooner we avoid another bad trip if we can?

For me he stays on our books. There will be other ways to reward the good service he's given once we've secured a play-off spot.

Mitchell is second choice for us and we got Weale as third choice just in case. 

11 minutes ago, 86 points said:

His loan runs out early January.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I know that @Derby_EnglandLoyal just wondering whether he's ready should Carson pick up and injury? Not seen enough of him to offer an educated guess. Have you seen much of him?

As for Weale..... :blink:

Only seen 2 game and can't really judge him against Liverpool and Hartlepool tbf. Yeah I know what you mean about Weale, awful keeper and still remembered his own goal against us ?

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Understood @reveldevil - really just wondering whether folk see Mitchell as adequate cover? 

In an ideal world, I'd keep Grant who's as good a backup you'd wish for at this level.

Not really seen enough of Mitchell to say the same, but is a big responsibility if he does have to step in, especially as Carson was out last season with a back injury, and it's not unheard of to have a re-accurance of those type of injuries.

I'd hope holding out for a decent fee means we've identified a replacement, and need the money to bring them in.

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In an ideal world, I'd keep Grant who's as good a backup you'd wish for at this level.

Not really seen enough of Mitchell to say the same, but is a big responsibility if he does have to step in, especially as Carson was out last season with a back injury, and it's not unheard of to have a re-accurance of those type of injuries.

I'd hope holding out for a decent fee means we've identified a replacement, and need the money to bring them in.

Good shout - fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Only seen 2 game and can't really judge him against Liverpool and Hartlepool tbf. Yeah I know what you mean about Weale, awful keeper and still remembered his own goal against us ?

Add in the disastrous game he just had for  the U23s. And disastrous would be understating it. 

I thought the same, never nice for a player to get injured, but Stoke will now know we have them over a barrell.

Just out luck though, either Grant will get injured before a deal is struck, or Grant will have a game reminiscent to Wolves when he almost caught the ball but decided to place it into his net.

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Saw a story yesterday that Butland is out for another 3 months 

get-money.gif

15 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Don't think we would need another keeper, have backup. Straight swap for Crouch would be just dandy...

16 hours ago, 86 points said:

Letting Coutts go in 14/15 springs to mind.

Archived