Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

We reportedly payed around £3.5m for nick Blackman with his contract in the final 6 months. So I'd say £4m for grant is about right. 

4m for a lad who signed for free, who's been out of the side for a season and is 33 years old?

He's not in the clubs plans, he wasn't getting a game and most fans wanted rid anyway. Suddenly people are expecting millions for him?

If Derby ask for more than 500k they're nuts and just a little bit cheeky.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

4m for a lad who signed for free, who's been out of the side for a season and is 33 years old?

He's not in the clubs plans, he wasn't getting a game and most fans wanted rid anyway. Suddenly people are expecting millions for him?

You could argue 33 is a good age for a keeper, I get the impression they're desperate to buy, we're not so desperate to sell him. We may have signed him for free, but since then I think his stock has risen, especially this PL cameo he's been having. 

I think Stoke are trying to make DCFC look bad in the media to get a deal done, PL club trying to throw their weight about. Long gone are the days of the club being held to ransom. They need to buy a keeper more than we need to sell one. 

I personally think £2m is a fair enough asking price, hopefully we'll do business between £1m and £1.5m. 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Disagree. Too cheap. I'm pretty sure stoke want to pay close to 1m and we should be countering back at 2-2.5 not flipping 4. Still can't hurt to ask for a lot. Other clubs can see what he's doing so im sure we are shopping him although McClaren may have indicated he'd be happy to see him back. He will prob end up at stoke for 1.5-2m 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

We signed him when he was out of contract, wouldn't have been free otherwise.

Supply and demand, we have a that we can sell keeper, they need to buy a keeper.  Most fans wanted him gone? Did you conduct the survey? What was the percentage difference?

We can ask what we like for him, his true value will be whatever fee is agreed. It isn't cheeky trying to get the most for a player on your books, just the same as offering a small amount to buy a player. At the end of the day the club is business and we need to maximise our income anyway possible and that includes player sales, we would be daft just to accept every offer that came our way, it isn't nuts or cheeky to do so.

37 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Anything over £1.5M will be a fantastic bit of business. Good price for a player in last 6 months of contract. Good move for Granty.

He would be second choice anyway and wont get a game so take the money but not the p1ss

Then again he's been worth that and more based on the fact that he earned them a point at old trafford with his heroics ... and some. Isn't Pep unhappy with Bravo and  is looking for a goalkeeper who's great with his feet ? Mourinho wholly impressed - how about backup to de gea? And Liverpool need a good one ... 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Then again he's been worth that and more based on the fact that he earned them a point at old trafford with his heroics ... and some. Isn't Pep unhappy with Bravo and  is looking for a goalkeeper who's great with his feet ? Mourinho wholly impressed - how about backup to de gea? And Liverpool need a good one ... 

That's all true and strangely possible and keepers get very well paid to be 2nd and 3rd choices at prem clubs.Then again if Wigan needed a keeper and we sent them grant and he did well we would be trying to get £200,000 strange game football 

4 mil is far too much, I thought it would be about 500k, anything over 1m and thanks for your time Lee. Re the 4m that is a newspaper report so should be treated as such. Mark Hughes needs to be quiet and should stop trying to bully us. Transfers should be done in private. No idea if we are asking too much or not, but shouldn't be on sky.

4 million, according to reports...reports from who? one guy saying to another guy in the boozer while taking a leak? It wont be 4 million, wouldnt be surprised if derby are inflating the price a bit to try and get stoke up to 1 million or so.

Archived