Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, Grantona said:

I wonder what big Burnley-hater B4 thinks about this derisory offer for Hendrick?:) I don't know why they bother wasting their time with bids which are NEVER going to be accpted - complete waste of a phone call or fax.

But  interest from Premier League clubs will strengthen Jeff's position and he can virtually demand an automatic start every game next season.....or seek a move.

maybe this is just a ploy so Dyche can whinge about not being able to compete and afford players at a decent rate.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Grantona said:

I wonder what big Burnley-hater Bteam4 thinks about this derisory offer don't know why they bother  wasting their time with bids which are NEVER going to be accpted - complete waste of a phone call or fax.

But  interest from Premier League clubs will strengthen Jeff's position and he can virtually demand an automatic start every game next season.....or seek a move.

I dont  think making demands to Pearson is a very good idea or he will find himself like certain players at leicester did training with the youth team.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I don't get why people are getting precious about a reasonable bid for a player still struggling to hold down a position at a club he's been at for five years+.

I like that we're looking to get more than his worth, because I think 3.5m more than covers it, but I hope it leads to a sale.

I don't have the faith in his ability that he will become a fixture in our team. In fact, I hold about as much hope for him making an impact for us than I do Bradley Johnson.

The main difference is that Johnson HAS shown it before, whereas Hendrick has shown only glimpses. 

One of the two has shown it more recently, and at a much higher level.

9 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Even if Burnley offered £10 million there would be no deal - Pearson & Dyche HATE each other with a passion after the 2013/14 & 2014/15 seasons.

If you owned a business (MM) and wanted to sell one of your assets at a good market price (£10m for Hendrick), but one of your employees (Pearson) suggested you didnt, providing you weren't selling to a direct competitor (Burnley), what would you do, especially if you could re-invest the money in another company which potentially would increase your profitability and competitiveness? 

1 hour ago, Carra said:

£3 million from Burnley... Classic Dyche.

Guaranteed to come back with small increments, frustrate the life out of all Burnley fans saying they will operate within their means, can't even compete with rich championship clubs, blah, blah,.... then as the transfer window is looking bleak, goes out and breaks the record having spent weeks pleading poverty.

Yeah Classic Dyche.

I would like us to keep hold of Jeff.  I know he's  been a bit hit and miss last season. But so we're a lot of the team. Think  burnley  will have to put in a bit better bid than three million if we were to be tempted to sell Jeff. 

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Let's hope we go back with a counter offer for Gray a straight swap for Jeff, show him how daft his offer really is. 

I seem to remember we did that with Matt Ritchie when Bournemouth put in a bid for Johnny Russell on transfer deadline day a few years back.

Pretty pathetic bid but I'm sure it's purely to test the water and see how far off the mark they are. I doubt they leaked it or even wanted it leaked. We may have labelled the bid "embarrassing" but if it starts negotiations then in Burnley's eyes the bid has done good for them.

Realistically Jeff is not going to go in this market for £3.5mil, I'm sure Burnley know that, they can't be that naive. We've now had a £3.5mil bid for Hendrick and a rumoured £7mil interest in Hughes. If the pair of them went for a combined £10mil-ish I think I'd give up all hope.

Archived