Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, RaphaRam said:

Get a grip youth. He's *****, anything more and we should cash in.

Hendrick isn't ****, if he was Burnley wouldn't be after him and he wouldn't have been one of ROI's best players at the Euro's. If he was he wouldn't have made it on the plane and we wouldn't have given him several contract extensions.

32 minutes ago, RaphaRam said:

He's not really '****' and came through the academy fee years ago made over 200 appearances for the Rams so I'd say he's doing fine for us, he was the 1 of best player for ROI at Euro. Rather keep than sell. 

If Derby were linked with a 24 yr old midfielder with 200 Champ appearances and a regular for Republic of Ireland and the fee was £4m who'd be against it? 

Wouldn't be against selling him but this isn't a raw young player full of potential.

He's an experienced young player with years more of development ahead of him. 

If someone thinks they can develop him further then he's worth more than that. He's worth £4m just for the player he already is. 

£3 million is derisory in the current market. It is a cynical attempt to unsettle the player and sign him on the cheap. Burnley aren't short of money and should pay up if they really want him. It is hardly as if they will let Michael Keane leave on the cheap!

7 hours ago, RaphaRam said:

The phrase you should have used is "Speaking as a mother, he's ****, anything more and we should cash in"

I think I've just invented a meme.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, Alpha said:

If Derby were linked with a 24 yr old midfielder with 200 Champ appearances and a regular for Republic of Ireland and the fee was £4m who'd be against it? 

Wouldn't be against selling him but this isn't a raw young player full of potential.

He's an experienced young player with years more of development ahead of him. 

If someone thinks they can develop him further then he's worth more than that. He's worth £4m just for the player he already is. 

Agreed. When we were linked with butterfield I checked Hendricks stats against butters and he compares favourably. Add in his euro performances and I would definitely be looking for more than we paid for butterfield.

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

They can sodd off even at 20m

I agree with B4 here......we should play "hardball" with Burnley and screw them for every penny we can.

By being promoted last season they are guaranteed to get £170 million at the very least.

I don't think B4 would even want Derby to sell Blackman or Baird to Burnley.

I have been on the burnley websites to see what they are saying, it's all about shafting us over Shackell and how bad we are about our comments on the bid.  Which they think is fine

I always thought burnley was a decent club, seems I was wrong, I would sell them nothing unless it was a stupid price.

they will back in the championship next year, they know that and so does Jeff

Anything more then 6 Million we we should bite there hand off for it. Can only remembering showing up 1 in 10 games that's being nice. So many times people talking about 'Did Hendrick even play today' on his day he can be good but that day is once a blue moon.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, 86 points said:

So you value him at only £4.5 mill?

I have no idea what he is worth to be honest, my post was a hypothetical, what if we sold him with a sell on clause then when they got relegated we bought him back, would we then be inline for some of the money we were paying them as part of the sell on clause.

In reality, for me, if someone did offer 4 million i think it would be a good deal, i think he played well in the euro's but if someone had offered 4 million during last season i think it would have been a cracking deal for us. I like him, he is very inconsistent though.

Why are some people on here so willing to sell Jeff? He is a talented lad who should be kept here and given a run in the side by Pearson. I honestly think that he will be 100% better under a manager like Nigel. and that we will miss him if he goes. And as for Burnley, why the f**k would he want to go there? They'll have their usual 9 months in the Premier League before falling through the trapdoor like they always do. If he is to be sold, at least sell him for a proper fee to a proper club, not a mickey mouse one.

It depends to my mind on two things 

1) does he want to go ? Well anyone would want to play Prem football given the chance but is Burnley somewhere he would like to go ?

2) price .. Derby don't need to sell but everyone has a price. Surely this has to be somewhere between what we paid for Johnson and Butterfleld given their respective perigee and potential .. So somewhere between 4 and 6 million

simple as that 

20 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Why are some people on here so willing to sell Jeff? He is a talented lad who should be kept here and given a run in the side by Pearson. I honestly think that he will be 100% better under a manager like Nigel. and that we will miss him if he goes. And as for Burnley, why the f**k would he want to go there? They'll have their usual 9 months in the Premier League before falling through the trapdoor like they always do. If he is to be sold, at least sell him for a proper fee to a proper club, not a mickey mouse one.

I don't think anyone wants to drive him to Burnley. It's more that he is our most lucrative asset behind Will and his stock has never been so high. Depending on the formations NP wants to use Jeff could be surplus to requirements as we have an abundance of midfielders.

whether he goes or not I don't really care as long as it was a decent price and we used the money to fund other areas that are in more need of improvement.

Archived