Albentosa

DcFc Dyycheee

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

My translation:

im proper lanky and that horse-faced bugger at Derby was a right liability. Kinda stuffed up my own chances when I forgot to go to Clark's for my insoles. Oh, and I got a rascal beard. 

You had Ms Goddard too?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Basically what everyone has said (except @reveldevil obviously). Thanking all the fans at Malaga for the affection that they have shown towards him and his family, for the special memories of having his photo taken with his son on the pitch and scoring 2 goals, especially the one against Real Madrid, and stressing that the reason for not joining them permanently was not for financial reasons on his part but that the club wanted a different type of player (I'm sure that someone will say one who actually knows how to kick a ball). Finally he thanks some people personally (friends, press people, physios, the club doctor etc)

Funny that. 

The main reason he initially failed here is because he wasn't the right type of defender. 

If going forward we want to abandon playing it out of the back and want to defend deep I think Albentosa and Shackell would be an excellent pairing. 

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm getting a bit fed up of him re-tweeting every good wish he receives from a Malaga fan. We get it, you were much-loved, Albert. 

I think he's a bit needy. 

Needy, touch like a rhino, and turns like an oil tanker. Like Claude Davis without the aerial power. 

44 minutes ago, needles said:

Needy, touch like a rhino, and turns like an oil tanker. Like Claude Davis without the aerial power. 

Spoken like someone who has never watched him play.

I don't think any of us saw enough of him in the team to make a judgement either way on his overall potential for us but I do feel he just really doesn't want to be here.

If he does, why wasn't he back here with the rest of the squad forpre-season?

Whether he played well or not, it's unfair to judge him on his 9 games as he was playing in one of the most dejected, demotivated Derby sides I've ever seen.

Given a chance in a new-look team, new manager, new playing style in a new season...he might just come good!

agreed

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Whether he played well or not, it's unfair to judge him on his 9 games as he was playing in one of the most dejected, demotivated Derby sides I've ever seen.

Given a chance in a new-look team, new manager, new playing style in a new season...he might just come good!

agreed  - get him back with Nige.....and in training

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Whilst I agree, the exact same things were being said 12 months ago. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think any of us saw enough of him in the team to make a judgement either way on his overall potential for us but I do feel he just really doesn't want to be here.

If he does, why wasn't he back here with the rest of the squad forpre-season?

Because we'd done a deal with Malaga as part of the loan that they could buy him for a set amount (an amount that they now consider to be too much and which, it appears, we played hard-ball and told them that if they wouldn't pay the full amount, we'd take him back) - if he was going to stay in Spain, there was little point in turning up for pre-season here - now it's up in the air and he's supposedly due for talks with us on Monday (during which our new Spanish coach can possibly play a major part).

I suspect he'll probably leave as it seemed to be more to do with his family not liking England that made him want to go in the first place....

46 minutes ago, eddie said:

Spoken like someone who has never watched him play.

Only in a Derby shirt in the home games he played. Thought he was gash.

Obviously more to him, but the same could be said of Derek Hales.

19 minutes ago, rynny said:

Whilst I agree, the exact same things were being said 12 months ago. 

They were. Clement chose not to give him a chance because he liked his centre-halfs to try and play out from the back (not Albentosa's game, as we saw). Pearson's centre-halfs don't play like that (or at least they didn't used to st Leicester & Hull) so Albentosa might now be a lot better suited to our team.

Regardless of all of this though, I was told that Albentosa won't be coming back and wants to stay in Spain.

Either way, good luck to the lad. 

Would love to see him play again in Derby shirt but unlikely that's because he's staying in Spain with different club in Spain which is fair enough. 

I would love to see him come back to Derby County and give it another go.

He was thrown in at the deep end in one of the worst motivated Derby sides.

Mac didn't know what he was doing and thought to throw him in and hope he keeps his head above water.

I feel he could do well under NP. 

The only reason to keep Albentosa is if we sell Pearce, otherwise we have 5 centre halfs (Keogh, Shackell, Pearce, Rawson, Albentosa) competing for 2 places, assuming that Buxton will be gone by the start of the season.

He will likely go back to Spain and even if we don't get the price we want I'm glad we didn't sell to Malaga. Those stingy idiots can post all the meaningless platitudes on social media they want about Raul, but the fact of the matter remains that weren't prepared to pay the pre arranged price even though they thought he was good enough to play most of the season. I'd be inclined to offer him at cut price to Grenada and Betis just to wind Malaga up.

Archived