Albentosa

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I still think this guy could be very useful for us, either we use him or sell for a tidy sum.

When he played for us in 15' he didn't look comfortable adapting to the Championship game. No pace and poor distribution. Not saying he's a bad defender, just that he's better suited to Spanish football, he did well with Eibar and he was a regular starter for Malaga in the initial games of his loan deal. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Celta Vigo, or another Spanish club, were interested at €4 million surely they'd offer €2m-ish to Malaga to invoke his buy-out clause?

Easy money if they can't afford to buy him themselves.

TALKS are ongoing over a permanent move for Derby County defender Raul Albentosa to Malaga.

The Spanish club has an option to buy the 27-year-old by next week for a fee of €1.5m (around £1.2m).

Albentosa spent last season on loan at Malaga after struggling to hold down a place in Derby's team.

He joined the Rams from Spanish club Eibar in January 2015 for a reported fee of 600,000 Euros (around £466,000) and signed a two-and-a-half year contract to the summer of 2017.

His debut came in the FA Cup victory over Chesterfield at the iPro Stadium, although he was substituted at half-time.

It was one of only nine first-team appearances he has made in a Derby shirt and his last was in a 3-0 home defeat by Reading in the final game of the 2014-15 season.

Derby added centre backs Jason Shackell and Alex Pearce to their squad last summer. They joined Richard Keogh, Jake Buxton and Ryan Shotton and this pushed Albentosa out of the first-team picture.

His season-long loan to Malaga saw him play 31 games and score two goals as they finished eighth in La Liga. One of his goals came in a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid.

Albentosa said on signing for Derby that it had been a dream of his to play in England but the move has not worked out for him.

"I think he struggled to adapt a bit, particularly culturally, so this move is good for him. He's going to a good club," said former Rams head coach Paul Clement last summer when Albentosa moved to Malaga.

If we sell shotton, which is likely and raul for around this figure it will be great business and a profit. I'd sell a midfielder now maybe Hendrick if we get a big fee. Also one or two more out and maybe then we can add. We have far too many players on our books 

2 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

When he played for us in 15' he didn't look comfortable adapting to the Championship game. No pace and poor distribution. Not saying he's a bad defender, just that he's better suited to Spanish football, he did well with Eibar and he was a regular starter for Malaga in the initial games of his loan deal. 

I think it's more a case of him playing in a side that defends deep and soaks up pressure.

Much in the same way Shackell's form appeared to get worse when Wassall took over and we attacked more.

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

I think it's more a case of him playing in a side that defends deep and soaks up pressure.

Much in the same way Shackell's form appeared to get worse when Wassall took over and we attacked more.

If we want to play a high line then we'd need a composed CB to partner Shackell. Keogh is panicky and is liable to making mistakes when pressed, see Burnley 4-1. 

1 hour ago, CastletonRam said:

If we want to play a high line then we'd need a composed CB to partner Shackell. Keogh is panicky and is liable to making mistakes when pressed, see Burnley 4-1. 

Shackell was just as bad if not worse in that game.

Playing a high line is about attacking not defending, in which case you need energetic defenders who can pass, not lethargic ones who slow Down the play.

3 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

I am with you on this and it would depend on how we were going to play under Pearson as this lad potentially could do a Robert Huth effect 

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I'm not going to name my source within the club on here.

Only 2 people know who my source is and they are close friends of mine who i have made through twitter.

If you look through my twitter @RamsPolls

I correctly told people about Olsson, Wiemann, Bent, Ince, Chris Baird leaving to fulham, Nick Blackman, Warnock to Wigan + Jacob Butterfield. 

However I hold my hands up to Bradley Johnson, I didn't here of this move until it was announced.

Like I say on twitter. I am not on social media to piss anyone off, To please anyone or to pester anyone.

I have my own (some may say very strong) Opinions which i will post.

But if my friend who is my source tells me something, and if he tells me i am allowed to post this information, Then i will.

I am not a wind up merchant, I am only letting people know what i have heard. 

I've been a bit of a loser and gone through your Twitter using the advanced search just to double check, because we've had a fair few people come on here claiming to be ITK, only to end up letting us down. 

Olsson/Blackman - Yep.

Weimann/Bent/Ince - Your twitter account was made in August 2015 according to Twitter birthdays and all of these players signed before so you either tweeted it on another account or you can time travel. ;)

Baird - can't find any tweets about him joining Fulham, unless you spelt his name differently?

Warnock - Similar to Baird, I can't see any tweets about him leaving on loan, just about him being released .

Butterfield - Yep ... sort of. You originally tweeted he'd he'd agreed a 4 year deal to join and then a few days later tweeted we've had a bid rejected, but you did tweet we were interested so I guess we can count that as a correct call.

And I also came across tweets from you saying we're signing Antonio for £7 million, Anichebe will be a DCFC player, we're after Sol Bamba, the Kodja thing is happening, Schlupp could be moving to Derby, we're trying to sign Januzaj on loan and you also said Albentosa is moving to Malaga, but then have come on today and said he's still a Derby player and no deal is agreed yet.

So again, apologies for snooping through your Twitter ... I've only just come across this advanced search feature so thought I'd give it a try. And sorry if you are genuinely ITK, but to me it looks like you just tweet about most rumours that are circulating and occasionally throw your own in there. Hope I'm proven wrong because the two main ITKs (SDSR and Mackworth) haven't posted much of late so another would be fantastic, but I'm a bit sceptical at the minute. 

14 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Two words... Lewis Dunk

1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

Interestingly that plenty of people would like us to sign Lewis dunk when plenty of Brighton fans think he's gash. Actually on that basis sign him up; plenty of our fans think Martin, Ince and Keogh are gash

Yeh but he's some other team's player... That makes him awesome...

Remember how awesome Nick Blackman used to be? And Bradley Johnson? 

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh but he's some other team's player... That makes him awesome...

Remember how awesome Nick Blackman used to be? And Bradley Johnson? 

I was one of the people against the Blackman transfer. 

Im confident Johnson will come good.

On 29 June 2016 at 16:21, RamsPolls said:

Only 2 people know who my source is and they are close friends of mine who i have made through twitter.

I correctly told people about Olsson, Wiemann, Bent, Ince, Chris Baird leaving to fulham, Nick Blackman, Warnock to Wigan + Jacob Butterfield. 

However I hold my hands up to Bradley Johnson, I didn't here of this move until it was announced.

Like I say on twitter. I am not on social media to piss anyone off, To please anyone or to pester anyone.

But if my friend who is my source tells me something, and if he tells me i am allowed to post this information, Then i will.

Kid, you said we'd appointed Wassall on a one year contract. That tweet has now been conveniently deleted.

Please, do us all a favour and bore off  

Looking at Pearson's transfer dealings, we seem to be in safe hands. A player who has not given 100% consistently will either look to be a better player if he learns how to do that or he can join another club, can't he? You work hard for 95 minutes for Pearson or you do not play. Two months in, anyone who has not 'got' that message, probably wants to leave.

@RamsPolls

Your posts have been boastful, so I thought I'd check out the oracle of information that is your Twitter page.

The first thing I saw was you verbally abusing an account, bragging about how you're 19 years old and own a business, that has resulted in you becoming wealthy. To quote "I have more valuable trainers than your yearly wage". Wow, you seem like a really, really nice guy. Genuinely. 

As for your viability, I thought I'd read some of your rumours... 

The Shotton deal being done, yes, you were correct. But your tweet happened to come 9 minutes to the dot after Steve Nicholson tweeted this:

Transfer talk: Rams defender could leave today #Birmingham bit.ly/297MNzO  #dcfc #dcfcfans #bcfc

"A deal for the 27-year-old could be completed on Thursday."

Well, wasn't that conveniently timed?

The bloke tweets Nixon regularly. Funny, if you have such brilliant and verified information, why would you do that? 

A few of the many, many posts you have made:

Today we have bid £4.5M for Jonathan Kodjja. Bristol unlikely to move on the fee of £7M unless the players pushes the move #dcfc #dcfcfans

Also heard we have enquired for Adnan Januzaj on loan for next season. Unlikely it'll happen but we are trying #dcfc #dcfcfans

One player who would be a long shot for next season, possibly a loan. Eduardo Vargas. Lethal at this level #dcfc #dcfcfans

Hearing that we are the club who have bid for #bhafc CB Lewis Dunk. Offered £5M, this has been rejected. #dcfc #dcfcfans

I made a call tonight and I can 100% tell you that every single thing posted here is complete fabrication. We have bid for NO ONE. Pearson and Mel, from day one, are in agreement that the first team squad needs a full review before any transfer moves are made, so nothing will happen on the ingoings front until pre-season is in full swing. Kodjia is on the list (common knowledge, and they want a LOT more than 7m), but the other 3 simply aren't. We have no interest in these players, nevermind bid. 

I wouldn't usually make a post like this about ITK's (there's a lot of wannabe's on these forums), but this guy is such an arrogant tosspot that I really couldn't help myself. Sorry. 

Mel has made it perfectly clear many a time to members of the forum that "rumours" have a negative impact on the club. I'm all for transfer rumour fun but this is taking the pee. Making stuff up is not positive. 

Apologies for the long post. But I'd avoid paying any attention to this guy. 

On 6/29/2016 at 16:21, RamsPolls said:

facepalm.jpg

Archived