Derby County v Hull City

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Don't think there is anything wrong with people. It's not like we're 10k under capacity. We're getting normal numbers, in fact we're getting over normal numbers as shown by average attendances over the past 15 years.

They'll be some who are only intersted in PL football, or some who only want to go if we're tearing it up. We're heading in to the playoffs winless in three, and without one of our better players.

Reckon the fairweather gloryhunters probably don't think we'll win. So they aren't going.

Also one defeat in our last 7. Sounds a lot better than the way you've worded it. I doubt people would not go because we drew against two play-off sides and lost one. Going into the play-offs with 14 points from our last 7 ain't bad.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be very disappointed if we don't sell out. We've been getting close to 31-000 with the away end half empty. Surely if you only go to one game all season this should be it. I would guarantee anyone going to this game a ticket for Wembley if we're lucky enough to make it. Empty seats screams lack of confidence, which may project itself to the players. Get b4 in the city centre, town crier style, revving everybody up. Make it full, make it load and scare the fook out of hull, just like we did to Brighton. 

I just think it's a play off semi final and we're Derby. 

Unless I nodded off for a while I'm pretty sure we don't get many big games.

This is probably makes the top 5 since 2008. 

Man United in the FA Cup isn't on the same page.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

What's wrong with people?

Be wanking themselves silly when we're a lower PL side winning 10 games per season. Ooooh it's Arsenal on Saturday. Can't wait to see us narrowly defeated. And I'll be happy about it because it's the Premier League!!!

Hull? Championship? Nah, Derby aren't gonna win it mate. I'll not bother.

It's incredible how we haven't yet sold out our biggest game of the season so far; how can you not want to be at this game roaring the team home? Still, only a couple of thousand left so guessing it'll be sold out by kickoff.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Be wanking themselves silly when we're a lower PL side winning 10 games per season. Ooooh it's Arsenal on Saturday. Can't wait to see us narrowly defeated. And I'll be happy about it because it's the Premier League!!!

Forget the 2000 fair-weather fans; we don't need them. All we need is this to galvanise the lads to victory:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Forget the 2000 fair-weather fans; we don't need them. All we need is this to galvanise the lads to victory:

image.jpeg

I hate feeding your 'likes' but you're annoyingly good at posting

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

It's incredible how we haven't yet sold out our biggest game of the season so far; how can you not want to be at this game roaring the team home? Still, only a couple of thousand left so guessing it'll be sold out by kickoff.

Hope so. Just shocked some people are choosing not to go. Yet you can bet they'll choose to go to Wembley and watch us get thumped by Man City if all goes well.

I'm buzzing for these play offs.

What's up with 'em all?!

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hope so. Just shocked some people are choosing not to go. Yet you can bet they'll choose to go to Wembley and watch us get thumped by Man City if all goes well.

What's up with 'em all?!

Yes I know, this is terrible...

image.jpeg

I tried, okay?:D

Plan on getting up early Saturday morning, making a nice breakfast, and settling down in my office to watch the Rams on my laptop.:D.

I see this being a very hard fought game between two good sides and I think we will win it 1-0.

Quite excited for these playoffs to start, we can do it Rams.

COYR.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Quite a few people I have heard will be away on Saturday... Not a question of choosing not to go they are out of the country. . weve only known since Saturday that we have a game the following week and lots of people had made other plans well in advance. Non season ticket holders have only had since late Monday to buy tickets yet we have already sold 31000 tickets so close to capacity. What's the problem... There will be close to 30000 Rams fans and 2500 hull fans and they will both be making lots of noise whether it's a total sell out or not. 

How often do we get games like this? not often, the last big one before this was Brighton 2 years ago, before that it was 7 years ago V Southampton. these games are like big cup games, proper atmosphere and its totally unlike a normal league game or a 4th round FA Cup tie v manure... I think people are now expecting us up there all the time and these games are going to be annual or something.. only takes MM to pull funding and we could easily be back down in the bottom half again.. these games should be celebrated.

12 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So with 40 hours to go we have already sold 31000 tickets? Has hull sold out for their game... With fewer tickets to sell? 

There will be a lot lost due to segregation. Probably nearly 30k sold. 

8 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Quite a few people I have heard will be away on Saturday... Not a question of choosing not to go they are out of the country. . weve only known since Saturday that we have a game the following week and lots of people had made other plans well in advance. Non season ticket holders have only had since late Monday to buy tickets yet we have already sold 31000 tickets so close to capacity. What's the problem... There will be close to 30000 Rams fans and 2500 hull fans and they will both be making lots of noise whether it's a total sell out or not. 

Yeah. I have a long-standing family commitment which stops me making the trip from Bristol, but I have managed to negotiate late arrival which might just allow time to watch it on TV.

My emotions are strange on this one. A few weeks ago when it looked like we wouldn't make the play-offs I reluctantly accepted the fact. Now that we have got this far, the thought of playing Rotherham, Bristol City et al would be a kick in the stomach.

I just hope the team I have loved since a kid play as well as they can in the next couple of weeks. If they do they will be promoted.

If you read this and are going to the game, give an extra cheer for me.

PistoldPete2
9 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

How often do we get games like this? not often, the last big one before this was Brighton 2 years ago, before that it was 7 years ago V Southampton. these games are like big cup games, proper atmosphere and its totally unlike a normal league game or a 4th round FA Cup tie v manure... I think people are now expecting us up there all the time and these games are going to be annual or something.. only takes MM to pull funding and we could easily be back down in the bottom half again.. these games should be celebrated.

Yeah but I don't think previous play off semis have been sell outs either, except for the Brighton game a couple of years ago. In fact the Southampton game in 2007  we didn't even sell all our away allocation either. 

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

What's up with 'em all?!

Think about it this way mate. Better that around 28k Derby fans go who are there for the right reasons than 31k Derby fans with a couple of k creating a negative atmosphere. Can't wait for tomorrow

Archived