Derby County v Hull City

9 hours ago, Spenno said:

Hi, first post for me. Am a season ticket holder who won't be going, my wife is due to have our baby next week and is in hospital poorly so I am a house husband for the next week. Will be cashing these chips in to go to wembley should we prevail though. I think the mood around derby is downbeat because last time there was a kind of niaive optimism which meant crashing down to earth hurt that little bit more and now we are a little bit battle scarred. I think Hughes holding midfield behind Johnson and Bryson all the rest the same and we should have the better of these. I also think we will win if we get to wembley but take no responsibility if we don't.

You are just one babysitter away of seeing the game... and as your wife is already in hospital, you don't have to be ready to take her there :lol:

ps. I know, I know.. I'm more romantic than Clint Eastwood in westerns.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Spenno said:

Hi, first post for me. Am a season ticket holder who won't be going, my wife is due to have our baby next week and is in hospital poorly so I am a house husband for the next week. Will be cashing these chips in to go to wembley should we prevail though. I think the mood around derby is downbeat because last time there was a kind of niaive optimism which meant crashing down to earth hurt that little bit more and now we are a little bit battle scarred. I think Hughes holding midfield behind Johnson and Bryson all the rest the same and we should have the better of these. I also think we will win if we get to wembley but take no responsibility if we don't.

Good luck, and you are very wise. Brownie points earned from such magnanimous behaviour can be cashed-in over and over again - at least they should be able to be.

Thanks for the support, Dimmu although you have a valid point I value my testicles too much to go with your plan. I'm just hoping it all works out well and that this child is a good omen unlike my last who was born a month or so before our last trip to wembley. In my experience brownie points have a short shelf life and need to be used quickly. 

PistoldPete2
37 minutes ago, Spenno said:

Thanks for the support, Dimmu although you have a valid point I value my testicles too much to go with your plan. I'm just hoping it all works out well and that this child is a good omen unlike my last who was born a month or so before our last trip to wembley. In my experience brownie points have a short shelf life and need to be used quickly. 

You are right to value your testicles especially as they are clearly in such fine working order. Good luck !

14 hours ago, Spenno said:

If Derby lose at Wembley, don't let it ruin the birth of your baby. I was a miserable git at the Arctic Monkeys gig I went to the evening after Wembley last time, and my girlfriend still hasn't forgiven me*. 

*I realise that having a baby is slightly different from seeing Alex Turner comb his hair live on stage, but it's the best comparison I've got. Congratulations to you both and good luck.

Have been looking at some of the Hull City forums and they seem to be clinging on to them being the form team going in to the play offs. Clearly concerned about us having beat them twice already (as you would be) but i did notice a lot of anger/concern towards Bruce's team selection. Apparently conflicts between Meyler and Huddlestone and that their team looks tired and will struggle to play 2 games in 4 days. Apparently it has been a concern all season and their form is bad on a Tuesday after a Saturday game. Not done the stats for this but am sure someone in Wassell's team would of picked it up. 

Make comment towards their team being slow and they worry about our pace up front. (Not Martin!)

I think we need Bradley Johnson in there for a bit of bite, Hughes playing DCM and let Bryson go like the frisky spaniel he is! 

2-0 at home would be ideal as Bruce will set them up well to hold a lead. Then they come and have a go at home and we draw 1-1

BOOM

Sheff Wednesday in the final and it will be a humdinger

tickets in SW and WU have been removed from the wearederby site (showing as sold out) basically the areas that wont be seen by a sky camera

now making fans buy in camera facing areas only

by the looks of it south and east will look full by saturday but the north stand will look quite empty

ps Hughes DM, Bryson, Johnson :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

tickets in SW and WU have been removed from the wearederby site (showing as sold out) basically the areas that wont be seen by a sky camera

now making fans buy in camera facing areas only

by the looks of it south and east will look full by saturday but the north stand will look quite empty

ps Hughes DM, Bryson, Johnson :thumbsup:

Yes, just noticed that. A bit sad isn't it.

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

ive got 2 in south upper but now need 3 together. i had a look this morning in SW to pick out 3...just checked again now before i go down to exchange and all 'sold out' 

bit annoying to be honest

Sure if you gave them a call you could sort it? I assume they aren't banning people from buying on those areas

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You make it sound like a conspiracy. Are you sure they're not genuinely sold out? 

I doubt it - there were loads available yesterday. Seems odd that area would sell out when there are still loads of tickets in other areas, including the South Stand

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, admira said:

Despite the DET saying 2,000, I've just hovered over every area like a sad sack and make it 2,614.

Very surprised they're not all gone. Even the South Stand has 241 so quite a few ST's not going.

So with 40 hours to go we have already sold 31000 tickets? Has hull sold out for their game... With fewer tickets to sell? 

Very surprised the game isn't close to a sell out, pretty disappointing.

Queued online for a hour first thing Monday morning - over 1000 people in front of me in the queue, barring in mind you could buy two tickets per fan ID too. Logged on again around mid day and could buy tickets easily, no queue.

Look's like it'll be 31,000 gate, they'll come out in force if we got to Wembley :ph34r:

What's wrong with people?

Be wanking themselves silly when we're a lower PL side winning 10 games per season. Ooooh it's Arsenal on Saturday. Can't wait to see us narrowly defeated. And I'll be happy about it because it's the Premier League!!!

Hull? Championship? Nah, Derby aren't gonna win it mate. I'll not bother.

Don't think there is anything wrong with people. It's not like we're 10k under capacity. We're getting normal numbers, in fact we're getting over normal numbers as shown by average attendances over the past 15 years.

They'll be some who are only intersted in PL football, or some who only want to go if we're tearing it up. We're heading in to the playoffs winless in three, and without one of our better players.

Reckon the fairweather gloryhunters probably don't think we'll win. So they aren't going.

Archived