Derby County v Hull City

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

ANy teams news yet? Fitness for Hendrick and Johnson?

If fit I would have them both in the squad... Carson Christie Olsson Keogh Shack Hughes Johnson Bryson Russell Martin Ince Subs Mitchell Bucko Butters Hendrick Weimann Bent Blackman

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

ANy teams news yet? Fitness for Hendrick and Johnson?

If fit I would have them both in the squad... Carson Christie Olsson Keogh Shack Hughes Johnson Bryson Russell Martin Ince Subs Mitchell Bucko Butters Hendrick Weimann Bent Blackman

Johnson and Hendrick are both fit. Hendrick was on the bench for Ipswich and the pair of them both played 45 minutes against Barnsley in mid-week with no problems. Grant is also fit so I expect to see him returning to the bench.

35 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yeah even though away goals don't count, subconsciously I feel that 2-0 is better than 4-2. Just a mental thing

It would be a great result 2-0 and I know what you mean. That would be three games that they failed to score against us.

4 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

It would be a great result 2-0 and I know what you mean. That would be three games that they failed to score against us.

On one of the Hull forums. They are saying they would be happy with a 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 deficit at ours.

Some appear confident they will do it over the 2 legs.

I always feel 2 - 0 is a dodgy place to be, having said that I would take it now if offered.

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

On one of the Hull forums. They are saying they would be happy with a 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 deficit at ours.

Some appear confident they will do it over the 2 legs.

I always feel 2 - 0 is a dodgy place to be, having said that I would take it now if offered.

I would take 2-0 tomorrow in a shot. Then hull would have to come out all guns blazing.  Then hopefully  we could get a goal on the counter attack. 

We have to be ruthless. We have to be smart. And we have to concentrate for the full 97 minutes (or however long we end up playing).

In the two league games we've taken chances early when they've come along. How valuable it would be if we can repeat that with clinical finishing tomorrow.

But, whatever happens we have to bear in mind that there's at least another 97 minutes to play at Hull and maybe up to 130. If they score a goal or two, so long as we don't lose our heads we can still work our way back into the tie and make it through in the end. Even if we lost by the odd goal we only have to win at their place by the odd goal to take it to penalties, and we won by two clear goals at their place in the league when they were at the high-point of their performance/season.

Similarly, if we have a wonderful start and reach, say two or three nil up, we absolutely must not let them back into it. We must not start getting lazy and taking unnecessary risks. For the entire match we need to be professional, and must continue to be absolutely clinical as we try to pick them off.

It's unlikely that anything will be decided on the day. Don't give anything sloppy away and be sure we're well in contention for the trip to Hull in the week.

Finally, why we've done well against them is because in midfield we can be faster and more mobile. Look at our goal of the season as we moved the ball around the pitch in an incredible way. High press and moving the ball quickly, almost always forward, is the way we can make it through to Wembley.

#WinItForGeorge

Very specific instructions just received from club! They're obviously seen my efforts to post a photo on the forum!

6000 Streamers will be used to create a fortress atmosphere at the iPro Stadium this Saturday.

The 10m long cast roll streamers will be located around the upper tier of the North, East and South Stand and will add to the carnival atmosphere taking place at the iPro Stadium. The cast roll white streamers will be located in between the arches of the back rest of the seats when you arrive.

When the players come out of the tunnel and the PA Announcer shouts “Please welcome your two teams; Hull City and DERBY COUNTY” please throw your cast roll into the sky towards the front of the crowd when he shouts “Derby County”

Please throw the streamers underarm with the roll facing away from you and the unraveled end facing towards you, this ensures that the roll fully unrolls and creates the best effect.

If you do not wish to throw the streamer roll please re-distribute it to someone who is willing to participate.

The match will also feature over 50 confetti cannons and thousands of flags and banners around the iPro Stadium.

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just got an email from the club... tickets still available. I guess most people think we will end up dissapointed :/

For anyone remotely interested but with better things to do on a Friday afternoon, just checked the website (2:15pm) and tallied up 1719 tickets left. Reckon it won't quite make a sell out now with 1000 - 1500 left.

Out of bored curiosity, I might check again in a couple of hours. Sad I know but, it beats working. 

To update my earlier posts my wife who is in hospital heavily pregnant has now bought me and my stepson a ticket each for the match - whilst this is great and she truly is a wonderful woman - I am not sure my nerves will be able to take a tense play off and the worry that at any moment I might need to hotfoot it out to the hospital. Also she has chosen the south stand which I think is going to be a shock to the system for my six year old stepson who is used to the more reserved atmosphere we are used to in the east stand what's he going to think if we score and everyone celebrates rather than just stands up claps a bit and sits down in silence again. I'm hoping for three things tomorrow 1. A comfortable nerve free victory for the rams 2. My wife holding out until 3 o'clock and 3. My stepson not to use any of the new 'words' he learns when he goes back to school on Monday.

I predict 2 or 3 nil to the rams with Hughes, Johnson and Bryson dominating the midfield 

2 minutes ago, Spenno said:

To update my earlier posts my wife who is in hospital heavily pregnant has now bought me and my stepson a ticket each for the match - whilst this is great and she truly is a wonderful woman - I am not sure my nerves will be able to take a tense play off and the worry that at any moment I might need to hotfoot it out to the hospital. Also she has chosen the south stand which I think is going to be a shock to the system for my six year old stepson who is used to the more reserved atmosphere we are used to in the east stand what's he going to think if we score and everyone celebrates rather than just stands up claps a bit and sits down in silence again. I'm hoping for three things tomorrow 1. A comfortable nerve free victory for the rams 2. My wife holding out until 3 o'clock and 3. My stepson not to use any of the new 'words' he learns when he goes back to school on Monday.

I predict 2 or 3 nil to the rams with Hughes, Johnson and Bryson dominating the midfield 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Looking forward to the playoffs now. Will be watching Sheff Wed vs Brighton later. 0-0 written all over it!

The games got goals in it. I think you're putting to much emphasis on the two league games. Those results go out of the window tonight.

I don't usually do predictions but I'll stick my neck out here and say if it finishes 0-0 I'll go out and buy myself a sombrero and convert to the church of Bris :-)

Dunk is a big miss, Stephens an even bigger one, Gordon Greer is past his best and Hooper will take him to the cleaners at least once in the game.

Both teams to score. Wouldn't be surprised to see Knockaert sent off.

Archived