Derby County v Hull City

Train tickets booked. Arrive into Derby Friday afternoon and leave Sunday midday. Should hopefully be a good weekend. Watch Sheff Wed v Brighton with the old man on Friday night, watch Derby build an unassailable lead on Saturday then have a few pints and watch the League One play-offs in the evening.

Get back just in time to do some revision for my fast approaching final year exams*

*I'll probably just watch the final day of the PL season.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Im surprised by those odds.  Hull favourites to win the tie against us and in fact more likely to beat us than Brighton are to beat Sheff Wed? 4th beating 5th more likely than 3rd beating 6th? 

But then maybe my view is affected by the fact that Hull were battered by Derby 4-0 which obviously wont happen again.

Derby to win  are 8:5  i.e. 16:10

Hull to win are 19:10

So we are just favourites for first leg PP2

Very surprised by the unsold tickets. Thought they'd sell the day they went on general sale.

Doesn't seem to be the same vibe around the city as last time, or the promotion year either. Typical Derbians being miserable sods I guess. Prices are reasonable as well.

At the moment we're on for a sub 30k gate which would be pretty poor.

I'm amazed and disappointed that we are having trouble selling out the home game! Admittedly 4 season ticket holders near us are away at the weekend but I'm suprised that 3000+ fans will stay at home/are unavailable and not going, its the biggest game of the season so far surely!

We should be filling the ground and creating the same intimidating atmosphere as Brighton playoff game....

Looks to me as if it could be quite a low crowd (for us). I think there's some confusion because of all the "sold out" reports and more should probably be done to rally the town and make clear it's only the away leg that's unavailable. Sometimes the club is too coy about the number of tickets that have been sold. They should be urging everyone to get down to the iPro and cheer us on to promotion.

I do think there isn't the belief of two years ago. That was a funny time when it felt inevitable we would simply sweep Brighton away, as indeed we did, and it seemed as if the Brighton fans were resigned to that too. But if any team in the league has a right to be confident against Hull, it should be us after the two league encounters. yet for whatever reason, we're not buzzing.

It must be an interesting time for the players too. This is the third year challenging, when they and us must have largely expected to go up after the first. Having been burnt so badly two years ago, maybe everyone's taking the view of "I'll believe it when I see it". I know plenty of people who won't go to Wembley if we make the final this year, because it was all so miserable last time around. I'm not one of them!

Maybe there'll be a late rush and it'll at least get over 30k, but my sense is that no one is daring to hope at this point.

Think we will sell all the tickets in the end, but more importantly let's all get behind the team, and drive them onto Wembley, I think we will win 3 1. Martin 2 goals and Ince 1. Then we will go to hull and get a 1 1 draw, and if we get to Wembley , we will sell all our tickets, no problem. Let's make the I pro, a wall of noise from start to finish.

Hi, first post for me. Am a season ticket holder who won't be going, my wife is due to have our baby next week and is in hospital poorly so I am a house husband for the next week. Will be cashing these chips in to go to wembley should we prevail though. I think the mood around derby is downbeat because last time there was a kind of niaive optimism which meant crashing down to earth hurt that little bit more and now we are a little bit battle scarred. I think Hughes holding midfield behind Johnson and Bryson all the rest the same and we should have the better of these. I also think we will win if we get to wembley but take no responsibility if we don't.

PistoldPete2
24 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Think we will sell all the tickets in the end, but more importantly let's all get behind the team, and drive them onto Wembley, I think we will win 3 1. Martin 2 goals and Ince 1. Then we will go to hull and get a 1 1 draw, and if we get to Wembley , we will sell all our tickets, no problem. Let's make the I pro, a wall of noise from start to finish.

Have Hull sold their allocation?  We have sold our away allocation already even tho its four days later. If Hull have sold 2500 for the ipro game I would be very surprised of the game is not a sell out. 

14 minutes ago, Spenno said:

Hi, first post for me. Am a season ticket holder who won't be going, my wife is due to have our baby next week and is in hospital poorly so I am a house husband for the next week. Will be cashing these chips in to go to wembley should we prevail though. I think the mood around derby is downbeat because last time there was a kind of niaive optimism which meant crashing down to earth hurt that little bit more and now we are a little bit battle scarred. I think Hughes holding midfield behind Johnson and Bryson all the rest the same and we should have the better of these. I also think we will win if we get to wembley but take no responsibility if we don't.

All the best for the new arrival. Hope you have the most brilliant day wetting the baby's head at Wembley and then in London town after a glorious victory. The pain of losing again would surely be far worse than giving birth, despite what the women claim! :D:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Spenno said:

Ay up Spenno, welcome to the forum. I think if we get to Wembley we'll win, I'm quite confident about it actually, trouble is I don't think getting past Hull will be as easy as the 6 goals we put past them already suggests.

I'd like to go to their place with a 2 goal cushion so they ave to have a go leaving us the chance of nicking one on the break meaning they'll have to get 4 to knock us out and I think it'll be too big an ask for them. However, what I'd like and what will be are two different things.

Hope your wife's on the mend quickly mate. :thumbsup:

We might not all sound especially excited, but our opponents are more than making up for it. Oh my word!!!!!

No sign of Brucey. Even he's probably too embarrassed. All that's missing is some of the Hull fans doing that deeply intimidating tiger claw movement that the entire footballing world used to laugh at.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Have Hull sold their allocation?  We have sold our away allocation already even tho its four days later. If Hull have sold 2500 for the ipro game I would be very surprised of the game is not a sell out. 

Just checked and Hull have sold their away allocation too. So I think the game will be a sellout or near enough.  

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Looks to me as if it could be quite a low crowd (for us). I think there's some confusion because of all the "sold out" reports and more should probably be done to rally the town and make clear it's only the away leg that's unavailable. Sometimes the club is too coy about the number of tickets that have been sold. They should be urging everyone to get down to the iPro and cheer us on to promotion.

I do think there isn't the belief of two years ago. That was a funny time when it felt inevitable we would simply sweep Brighton away, as indeed we did, and it seemed as if the Brighton fans were resigned to that too. But if any team in the league has a right to be confident against Hull, it should be us after the two league encounters. yet for whatever reason, we're not buzzing.

It must be an interesting time for the players too. This is the third year challenging, when they and us must have largely expected to go up after the first. Having been burnt so badly two years ago, maybe everyone's taking the view of "I'll believe it when I see it". I know plenty of people who won't go to Wembley if we make the final this year, because it was all so miserable last time around. I'm not one of them!

Maybe there'll be a late rush and it'll at least get over 30k, but my sense is that no one is daring to hope at this point.

There quite a few people who didnt realise tickets were on sale before the result of Saturdays games was known. So a bit much to expect tickets to sell out already between Saturday and now.    

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

but my sense is that no one is daring to hope at this point.(to win the Play Offs)

I think that includes me. Anything could happen on saturday from 2 - 0 to 0 -2. First goal to us is absolutely vital.

Archived