Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

Ivan Kelava (GK) 28 Free - Croatian who was at Granada last season

Alex Kacaniklic (LW) 24 Free - Always thought the Swede looked class

Rubin Okotie (ST) 28 Free - Good scoring record, Austrian international who burst on scene in U20 WC in 07.

All 3 would improve the 1st team for sure, if at all interested!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, sheepshagger123 said:

with jose going in who doesnt like the youth. a year out playing first team wouldnt do him ham. all depends on what/ who united bring in. 

Yeah, because I am 100% sure a player currently staring in man utds first team, scored 5 goals and has 3 assists in 12 premier league games, is poised to make a senior England start and is possibly in line to be called u for the euro 2016 squad would be loaned out to a championship team next season.

clueless mate.

4 hours ago, RESS511 said:

Axel Witsel is being linked with a move to Stoke. Could make Glenn Whelan available? Not sure if he'd drop down to the championship though considering he played most matches this season.

I can tell you have only posted 35 times, coming on here making sensible suggestions. They will tear you to bits though mate, the Hipsters and the FIFA gameboys.

Sorry to be hanging around here like a bad smell! But if Pearson joins you, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in for some ex/current Leicester players.

David Nugent would be a fantastic signing for example. It looks likely we are letting Wasilewski go, who is still rock solid & has kept Lukaku quiet twice this year :thumbsup:. The young lad Tom Lawrence will probably be sold too, but could flourish under Pearson at championship level. De Laet too, but he's no better than Cyrus Christie at right back in my opinion.

Then of course, my favourite player for us during the championship was Knockaert. Might cost a bit, but obviously knows Pearson well. Didn't get his chance in the prem with us, but I've always wanted to see him in the CAM role. Bringing in Knockaert would certainly be a sign of intent...

Pearson also had a good relationship with Manchester United & got their youth players on loan or permanently, so expect to see a few United players.

4 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

Sorry to be hanging around here like a bad smell! But if Pearson joins you, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in for some ex/current Leicester players.

David Nugent would be a fantastic signing for example. It looks likely we are letting Wasilewski go, who is still rock solid & has kept Lukaku quiet twice this year :thumbsup:. The young lad Tom Lawrence will probably be sold too, but could flourish under Pearson at championship level. De Laet too, but he's no better than Cyrus Christie at right back in my opinion.

Then of course, my favourite player for us during the championship was Knockaert. Might cost a bit, but obviously knows Pearson well. Didn't get his chance in the prem with us, but I've always wanted to see him in the CAM role. Bringing in Knockaert would certainly be a sign of intent...

What formation could we expect too see if Pearson gets the job ? Is he stuck in his ways at 4-4-2 or was he quite flexible ? 

Also I've always like the look of Liam moore ! What's his stance within Leicester?

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What formation could we expect too see if Pearson gets the job ? Is he stuck in his ways at 4-4-2 or was he quite flexible ? 

Also I've always like the look of Liam moore ! What's his stance within Leicester?

Hello! Yes, expect to see a 4-4-2. Would Will Hughes fit in a 4-4-2? Pearson likes to play with 2 strikers, one slightly deeper than the other (we had Nugent for this role). He'll build a good defence for you guys, that I have no doubt about. If your current defenders don't hack it, he'll buy defenders who will throw their body on the line. And then your team will be built off that strong defence, playing on the counter. Pearson likes his wingers to be balanced,  providing the threat/creating chances but also tracking back (he slated Mahrez a few times in the media, for not tracking back). At times it will be direct & exciting... At times it won't be pretty, but you need that side to your game in the Championship...

Liam Moore is an interesting one. Don't think he's premiership quality unfortunately, but he is a player who needs confidence & an arm around him which Pearson could & has provided in the past. He'd certainly be adequate at championship level & has the potential to be premiership quality.. He just needs to be in the right environment.

10 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

Hello! Yes, expect to see a 4-4-2. Would Will Hughes fit in a 4-4-2? Pearson likes to play with 2 strikers, one slightly deeper than the other (we had Nugent for this role). He'll build a good defence for you guys, that I have no doubt about. If your current defenders don't hack it, he'll buy defenders who will throw their body on the line. And then your team will be built off that strong defence, playing on the counter. Pearson likes his wingers to be balanced,  providing the threat/creating chances but also tracking back (he slated Mahrez a few times in the media, for not tracking back). At times it will be direct & exciting... At times it won't be pretty, but you need that side to your game in the Championship...

Liam Moore is an interesting one. Don't think he's premiership quality unfortunately, but he is a player who needs confidence & an arm around him which Pearson could & has provided in the past. He'd certainly be adequate at championship level & has the potential to be premiership quality.. He just needs to be in the right environment.

Regarding the 4-4-2 I think will could fill one of the central midfield roles if paired with a more defensively minded midfielder (Thorne ) . Ince on the other hand I could not see fitting into his plans , he will track back , but still gets his head down too much when things don't quite good his way . Anyway thanks for the input , suppose we will just have to wait and see now . ?

30 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

Good post buddy. Will Hughes of 2 years ago wouldnt have fitted in a 4-4-2 but he seems to have matured now. Nugent was a suggestion in this thread long before we were even linked with Pearson but I can totally see us going in for him now because Boro want to get rid of him too. Weimann here could see a success under Pearson because he works just as hard as Vardy does( obviously not as good as him though). He just hasn't been given a chance as a striker which as the Villa fans told us, is his best position

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Good post buddy. Will Hughes of 2 years ago wouldnt have fitted in a 4-4-2 but he seems to have matured now. Nugent was a suggestion in this thread long before we were even linked with Pearson but I can totally see us going in for him now because Boro want to get rid of him too. Weimann here could see a success under Pearson because he works just as hard as Vardy does( obviously not as good as him though). He just hasn't been given a chance as a striker which as the Villa fans told us, is his best position

Would you have thought Vardy would have had the success of this season though , this time last season . By all means not stating Weimann is the "next vardy" . But the away keg at Hull I saw a totally different side to Weimann! 

On 5/25/2016 at 12:47, sheepshagger123 said:

Rashford on loan?? 

Try buy Jordan Ibe permanently £5 mill

Andrija Zivkovic

The talent Serbia produces these days is really something and it is only a matter of time before the country makes serious strides in international football. 19-year-old Zivkovic played for Partizan Belgrade but is out of contract in June. The forward’s speed and skill make him a nightmare to defend against. He is also great at taking freekicks. He made huge strides for the club last season. He has already got 3 caps for the national team.

Bakary sako from Palace

Yeah I'm not sure he's cut out for the Championship mate. It's a big step up from international level/the Man U first team.

12 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Yeah I'm not sure he's cut out for the Championship mate. It's a big step up from international level/the Man U first team.

Is it really?

Lingard went from our bench to ManU first team and has now England caps...

42 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Is it really?

Lingard went from our bench to ManU first team and has now England caps...

I think his point was more relating to the fact that Rashford has established himself as a regular in the Man Utd squad after being somewhat of a revelation for them which consequently led to him being called up to the England squad, why would he then come to Derby? :lol:

The difference between the Premiership and Championship is totally different. In this league you get no time on the ball and your ankles kicked out at every opportunity. In the Premiership you have loads of time, and players giving you space, Lingard, Rashford etc in my opinion are very lightweight players, they excel in the Premiership because of the time and space.

Archived