Buxton

TroyDyer

9 hours ago, toddy said:

Really the greatest threat from free kicks, very very debatable.

Here one for you we all agree that Keogh is have a very good season and so much better that the last two seasons.

Is this down to the fact that Shacks has been brought in this season or possibly Keogh is now not trying to cover for the inability of Buxton at the back.........:ph34r:

The irony of this statement would make babies cry. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucko is a hero. Should be a role model to youngsters, he is living proof that you don't give up. That will to win and desire to be the best he can is a rarity today. Judge him by his appearance and physique as a pub player if you wish but he has far more ability than that.

8 hours ago, sage said:

Come on Toddy, Where's your reply? Gone quiet when your agenda is exposed?

I know!  He had the easy out of quoting Farend Rawson's career stats too!

8 hours ago, toddy said:

No agenda, just said that the bloke has a big heart but lacks ability and has no pace, he is a liability at set pieces.

He does have a big heart; he does not lack ability at all; he covers for a lack of raw pace by his positioning; however he causes me to have palpitations when he's in 'full cuddle' mode at set pieces.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

you all please stop quoting this....er..............poster.

I've got him on ignore for a reason!

Is the reason 'daddy' issues?

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Allegedly yeah, but I always thought it was more that Clough just saw his replacement in Keogh as a better player...

Oh sorry, I thought you meant when he was forced off originally....

Have a like sir :)

12 hours ago, sage said:

Let's dispel this myth,

Keogh was fine with Buxton. They kept a record amount of clean sheets. You're whole theory is based on misinformation and 'that goal' at Wembley. Our defensive chaos last season came after Bucko got injured.

Keep 'em coming. 

Sorry to be a pedant. 

Buxton didn't play in any of that clean sheet run under McClaren, he was injured.

There is this stat though! The Keogh and Bucko partnership concedes a goal every 96 ish minutes. The Keogh and Shackell partnership concedes a goal every 99 ish minutes. Then take into account that McClaren's team was more open. 

Statistics can be made to suite virtually any argument. You could argue that Bucko's passing contributes far more to Derby's attacking strengths than Shackel. 

There's more to a defenders game than defending like there's more to an attackers game than attacking. 

If you notice, the opposition realise Shackel's poor passing and  always allow him plenty of time on the ball. All of our other defenders get quickly closed down when in possession. 

22 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think its because of where he came from and who signed him.

If he'd have cost £3m from Burnley instead of 3 quid from Burton he'd be more appreciated.

Tbf, the thousands who sang his name yesterday seemed happy enough to see him come on.

At the time of his signing NC had been told to offload 30+ professionals draining the club of money part of that process was to use non league, Scotland (The same thing?!) Buxton, Moxey, Brayford and Pringle all went on to better and bigger things. The non league Nigel tag was never deserved.

On 19/03/2016 at 17:47, davenportram said:

not played properly for ages bound to be rusty

Did anyone else notice that Bucko didn't come out for the half-time warm up until the last 5 minutes? Not sure what the significance was, but I like to think that he was in the dressing room, stripped to the waist giving a motivational speech to the lads

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Did anyone else notice that Bucko didn't come out for the half-time warm up until the last 5 minutes? Not sure what the significance was, but I like to think that he was in the dressing room, stripped to the waist giving a motivational speech to the lads

From which direction?

34 minutes ago, CBE said:

NC had been told to offload 30+ professionals

had he? 

This is often quoted as a fact when it's more of an assumption. 

It'd be fairer to say that Nigel was told there isn't money to spend unless he gets players off the books.

I bet you couldn't name 20 of those 30 pros you suggest he was told to offload.

48 minutes ago, CBE said:

At the time of his signing NC had been told to offload 30+ professionals draining the club of money part of that process was to use non league, Scotland (The same thing?!) Buxton, Moxey, Brayford and Pringle all went on to better and bigger things. The non league Nigel tag was never deserved.

I imagine he was told to reduce the wage bill, but we wouldn't have had 30 professionals to get rid of.

12 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I love his passion he is Mr.Derby IMO. Just wish he had more ability. When he was in the back four I always felt we was going to concede nothing against the bloke though a bit of a Russell in that respect. 

And yet statistically there's only a difference of roughly three minutes in terms of the regularity in which we concede a goal in favour of the Shackell and Keogh partnership. This in a side which was set up to defend and stay compact. 

33 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

had he?

This is often quoted as a fact when it's more of an assumption.

It'd be fairer to say that Nigel was told there isn't money to spend unless he gets players off the books.

I bet you couldn't name 20 of those 30 pros you suggest he was told to offload.

lewis price
ruben zadkovic
martin albrechtson
tito villa
mo camara
mile sterjovski
roy carroll
ty mears
jordan stewart
giles barnes
liam dickinson
aleksander prijovic
claude davis
andy todd
lewin nyatanga
luke varney
paul connolly
jay mceveley
gary teale

That's 19 who were shipped out or contracts were allowed to run down because we couldn't find anyone willing to take them.

A further 8 (simmons, hanson, mendy, dudley, forde, johnson, ojamaa, keane, kelly) were all released. Granted, they were all first years scholars, but still on pro contracts.

Come on ,,, to be fair cough did a solid job ,, we don't really know what he could have done with the starting point and meals backing as clement had,,, like all managers some buys will come right some won't ,,, for me salmon is balanced out by Martin on a free?. Balanced view on clough for me is I couldn't say he was/is a bad manager ,, there's better out there but there's also a hell of a lot worse out there too

Archived