Buxton

TroyDyer

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wtf - he's a legend. Love him.  Had a tear in my eye watching his interview after the game.   Passion and pride is something that's all too often missing in the game. Bucko has it in spades and hey - that's what Leicester has tbf. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Hanson utterly knackered is better than a talentless centre back, don't get me wrong Buxton has lots of passion and brings confidence to the pitch, but unfortunately confidence doesn't defend set pieces, skills do and this is what he lacks.

As a centre back he is a liability and might cost us points going into the run in.

I great bloke to help out coaching the kids and that's where he belongs. 

Buxton makes Keogh look like Bobby Moore!

It is probably better that others just think you are a fool than write stuff like this and have it confirmed.

40 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Give me a player who maximises what he has  (Buxton) over a skilled player whose lack of dedication sees that talent wasted (Giles Barnes?) any day.

Bit harsh on Giles Barnes who had pretty shocking injury and lost his greatest asset, his pace.

4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

i love bucko he puts in his all. my only concern is he seems to grab holds of the opponents shirts every single time we are defending a corner, it's going to end badly if he continues doing this....

If you speak to any of the top referees about this, they will tell you that it is viewed a little bit like basketball where there is a certain amount of manhandling accepted, and it will not be penalised until there is a directive to do so from the football authorities.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Sorry but it's true, nice bloke, shame about the talent.......

If Buxton only had passion, attitude and effort he’d not get the support he does. It’s the combination of his passion, attitude and effort together with his obvious ability and skill that has turned him into a legend.

7 hours ago, bcnram said:

It is probably better that others just think you are a fool than write stuff like this and have it confirmed.

Again when you don't agree with an opinion why don't you come back with answers to why I said what I did about him lacking ability rather than personal attacks  is it because I am right?

If I am not right please do tell all of what he brings to the pitch in skill, pace etc.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

Again when you don't agree with an opinion why don't you come back with answers to why I said what I did about him lacking ability rather than personal attacks  is it because I am right?

If I am not right please do tell all of what he brings to the pitch in skill, pace etc.

Okay so he doesn't have much skill, he has about as much pace as as a sausage dog running in quick sand and limited ability but we don't care it's Bucko. Has anyone ever been at Derby who lacks such attributes become so popular? What he lacks in skill he more than makes up for in will to win and passion. 

Never denied he has passion said as much in this thread earlier.

Look Buxton is very much like Russell, both give 100%- but sometimes just giving 100% is not enough especially if we want promotion. We need defenders with ability like we need strikers with ability........

Buxton offers the team:

a) motivation

b) good passing ability, especially ling range passing

c) hes our most dangerous CH in terms of goal threat - ie he scores more than all the rest.

d) he actually is more comfortable on the ball than Shackell and he doesn't need 30 seconds to decide to pass to a player.

e) his clearances up field generally go in the direction of Martin, providing a chance for us to retain possession. I've separated clearances from long passes for obvious reasons.

f) he seldom makes mistake through panicking

g)he hardly misses a header.

I keep reading all of this tough guy stuff about Buxton but whilst I admire his passion he is small for a centre half and will always find difficulty against a bigger man. The ease with which Mills threw him aside was further evidence.

i think he would be okay if we moved to a 3 CB system but alongside Keogh in a pairing after a long layoff he worries me.

i really hope I'm wrong and wish the guy all the best.

9 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I see what you are saying but let's be fair on the bloke. He was a regular in the play off final season and last season too. He is limited in ability and I am sure being the kind of person he is he would be the first to admit it. But I am pretty confident if there were more Jake Buxtons in football it would be in a better place now than it is. How many higher level footballers are so humble and greatful for what they do? Jake has been at the club for some time now and has never given anything less than 100%, and while I know that isn't enough on its own I would rather have a squad of players full of passion and desire than a team full of premadonnas and mercenaries like the fateful premiership season, Hossam Ghaly and Laurent Robert anyone??

Why pick on Ghaly of all players, who was one of the few that actually looked like they actually cared and were actually decent in the latter part of that season. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

The content of your post was so nonsensical that it deserved the dismissing that it got. You even said he brings confidence onto the pitch, now try thinking about why that might be? Is it because he is a nice bloke?

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I'm trying to work out what you bring to the messageboard. I suppose not being afraid to make yourself look like an utter buffoon could be regarded as a plus point.

Archived