Buxton

TroyDyer

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hang on a minute, even Mel said something of how Keogh has improved this season - remember the fans thingy?

Or maybe he couldn't see a difference in Keogh game either!

you seem to think what Mel says means the improvement is due to Buckos absence. There is no evidence for that, he set a record number of clean sheets with Bucko, and last season the defence slumped without Bucko . There is evidence however that the captaincy may have had an effect. He gets it back and has made more errors than he did before it was returned

1 hour ago, sage said:

Compare Bucko's goalscoring record to Keogh's and Shackell's. 

Bucko 11 in 136

Keogh 6 in 169

Shackell 2 in 84.

End of debate.

Like taking candy off a kid.

Come on Toddy, Where's your reply? Gone quiet when your agenda is exposed?

Buxton is a very good player and a great servant to this club. He has many plusses (attitude, passion, distribution, heading) and some minuses, the biggest of which is his lack of pace. 

Was he absolutely the right man to bring on yesterday? Yes. Would I want to see him playing there every week for a full ninety minutes ahead of a fit Shackell? No. 

I wish he'd teach him how to play the ball out of defence, though!

Buxton has never been a hoofer.

As for the improvement in Keogh... well it helps when he knows who's around him. Christie in/Christie out, Shotton, Whitbread, Raul, Forsyth at one point, Thorne, Eustace, Omar....

Not easy is it. You want to be able to read people. Not keep worrying who's where and doing what

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Come on Toddy, Where's your reply? Gone quiet when your agenda is exposed?

No agenda, just said that the bloke has a big heart but lacks ability and has no pace, he is a liability at set pieces.

Not denying his goals scoring record, but he is employed as a defender and such should be able to defend. When he came on yesterday he had a warning from the ref within minutes because of his grabbing and hanging on to Mills - no need for this if you can defend. This hanging on to players in the box is a horrendous part of bad defending that has crept into the modern game.

He is should be out coaching now - his has bags of enthusiasm and can gee up players -  but ability he lacks.  

8 hours ago, eddie said:

I'm trying to work out what you bring to the messageboard. I suppose not being afraid to make yourself look like an utter buffoon could be regarded as a plus point.

you all please stop quoting this....er..............poster.

I've got him on ignore for a reason!

Can someone explain to me how someone with no ability has managed to rack up 136 games for Derby County, and formed part of a record-breaking centre back partnership?

Those that write off his ability seem unable to process that someone we signed on a free from non-League Burton could be good enough to play at this level, and the only way they seem able to explain it is that he makes up for a TOTAL lack of ability by trying really hard and shouting at people.

If he didn't have ability, he wouldn't be playing at this level. Four managers now have deemed him good enough for a squad aiming for promotion. The fact he's slow actually proves his ability - how else can you defend without pace?! 

9 hours ago, toddy said:

Simply that he can psych up the players, an attribute   - ability he has none, prove to me where is ability is?

Best passer of any defender at the club.

On 19/03/2016 at 18:13, Dimmu said:

This will propably happen as it was Shackell's groin which forced him off.

Allegedly yeah, but I always thought it was more that Clough just saw his replacement in Keogh as a better player...

Oh sorry, I thought you meant when he was forced off originally....

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Best passer of any defender at the club.

First half against Birmingham in 13/14 was an absolute masterclass in long passing. One of these passes being a beautifully weighted ball over the op to put somebody through on goal.

Archived