Buxton

TroyDyer

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, HantsRam said:

He did look a bit overweight. But in better condition than Martin who still looks to be carrying too much timber, whether that's by being out of condition or by bulking up in the gym.

I really can't agree with your Martin viewpoint.  His lost a shed load of weight this season, and not just the result of sorting his messy Barnet out either. He's in full beast mode this season.

Buxton has played a few reserves games, so will possibly be above his true target weight.

i wish I was only a few kilos above em! :D

Before his injury Buxton and Keogh formed an excellent centre back partnership. During 14/15 Derby equalled a club record of successive clean sheets going back over 100 years and had kept 20 clean sheets by the end of February 2015.

By the time Buxton's back injury took its toll we were top of the league and had 5 points between us and the third placed team Bournemouth. SM tried to replace Buxton with Shotton (a recent PL player) and Albentosa (a Spanish maestro) and the rest, as they say, is history.

It wasn’t just our DM problems that led to the great bottling.

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I really can't agree with your Martin viewpoint.  His lost a shed load of weight this season, and not just the result of sorting his messy Barnet out either. He's in full beast mode this season.

Buxton has played a few reserves games, so will possibly be above his true target weight.

i wish I was only a few kilos above em! :D

Top fit Martin was 2013-2014. He looked lean mean and pacey at times.

Different animal at the mo imo.

I'm only 5 ft 7 and probably heavier than Chris. I console myself with the thought my job doesn't require excellent physical condition. Phew! 

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Top fit Martin was 2013-2014. He looked lean mean and pacey at times.

Different animal at the mo imo.

I'm only 5 ft 7 and probably heavier than Chris. I console myself with the thought my job doesn't require excellent physical condition. Phew! 

Martin is leaner this season than any previous in my opinion, I guess we will have to disagree.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, CBE said:

In all the years I've watched Jake Buxton I don't think he has ever just booted the ball up the park, he always passes the ball, always played football. It's often lost on people,

I think its because of where he came from and who signed him.

If he'd have cost £3m from Burnley instead of 3 quid from Burton he'd be more appreciated.

Tbf, the thousands who sang his name yesterday seemed happy enough to see him come on.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

The content of your post was so nonsensical that it deserved the dismissing that it got. You even said he brings confidence onto the pitch, now try thinking about why that might be? Is it because he is a nice bloke?

Simply that he can psych up the players, an attribute   - ability he has none, prove to me where is ability is?

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Simply that he can psych up the players, an attribute   - ability he has none, prove to me where is ability is?

He is the best passer amongst our Centre Backs. He is the greatest threat from corners and free kicks,

12 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

if buxton is the only cover we have for central defense god help us bin at most games since 1955  

Found the radio Derby caller. He's half of our clean-sheet record breaking defensive partnership and yet still not good enough. Bet you said the same about McFarland and Todd. 

58 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm trying to work out what you bring to the messageboard. I suppose not being afraid to make yourself look like an utter buffoon could be regarded as a plus point.

Always one to have a dig when you are unable to prove a point, unfortunately this does happen quite a lot on this forum when you cannot back up a debate  and along with senile dementia this comes with age. :thumbsup:

If you thing Buxton is a good defender  - Can I ask where you think Buxton skills are?

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Found the radio Derby caller. He's half of our clean-sheet record breaking defensive partnership and yet still not good enough. Bet you said the same about McFarland and Todd. 

Two of the best defenders not only Derby have seen but England also!

7 minutes ago, sage said:

He is the best passer amongst our Centre Backs. He is the greatest threat from corners and free kicks,

Really the greatest threat from free kicks, very very debatable.

Here one for you we all agree that Keogh is have a very good season and so much better that the last two seasons.

Is this down to the fact that Shacks has been brought in this season or possibly Keogh is now not trying to cover for the inability of Buxton at the back.........:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

Always one to have a dig when you are unable to prove a point, unfortunately this does happen quite a lot on this forum when you cannot back up a debate  and along with senile dementia this comes with age. :thumbsup:

If you thing Buxton is a good defender  - Can I ask where you think Buxton skills are?

No ability? That's a sweeping statement. Are you saying he has no ability at Championship level?

Obviously, you have made up your mind so no point discussing. If you haven't seen his good points by now, you never will.

Here one for you we all agree that Keogh is have a very good season and so much better that the last two seasons.

Is this down to the fact that Shacks has been brought in this season or possibly Keogh is now not trying to cover for the inability of Buxton at the back.........:ph34r:

Compare Bucko's goalscoring record to Keogh's and Shackell's. 

Bucko 11 in 136

Keogh 6 in 169

Shackell 2 in 84.

End of debate.

Like taking candy off a kid.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Let's dispel this myth,

Keogh was fine with Buxton. They kept a record amount of clean sheets. You're whole theory is based on misinformation and 'that goal' at Wembley. Our defensive chaos last season came after Bucko got injured.

Keep 'em coming. 

Just now, BOB BIGGS said:

No ability? That's a sweeping statement. Are you saying he has no ability at Championship level?

Obviously, you have made up your mind so no point discussing. If you haven't seen his good points by now, you never will.

He lacks the basic's at defending, cannot man mark without dragging players around, did it most of last season and done it again on Mills within 5 minutes of coming on.

Got lost at man marking at corners when he was on, the guy is past it, he is far too slow  - yes, he gives 100% but at this level -attributes like being able to defend without the constant threat of giving away a penalty are much more important.

He ability of jeering up players really should be placed at a coaching level at the club and let the Hanson's of this world do their thing..............

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Let's dispel this myth,

Keogh was fine with Buxton. They kept a record amount of clean sheets. You're whole theory is based on misinformation and 'that goal' at Wembley. Our defensive chaos last season came after Bucko got injured.

Keep 'em coming. 

Hang on a minute, even Mel said something of how Keogh has improved this season - remember the fans thingy?

Or maybe he couldn't see a difference in Keogh game either!

He lacks the basic's at defending, cannot man mark without dragging players around, did it most of last season and done it again on Mills within 5 minutes of coming on.

Got lost at man marking at corners when he was on, the guy is past it, he is far too slow  - yes, he gives 100% but at this level -attributes like being able to defend without the constant threat of giving away a penalty are much more important.

He ability of jeering up players really should be placed at a coaching level at the club and let the Hanson's of this world do their thing..............

Better defensive record than Keogh or Shackell. Record breaking run of clean sheets. Staple member of the defence last season when we were top of the league. Great scoring record for a centre half.

But of course he was just lucky, yes? Lucky for about 20 games in a row. 

Archived