Buxton

TroyDyer

14 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

very nearly another poor substitution why bring a player on who hasnt played all season when you are hanging on with 10 minutes to go still not sure how we won it with one mid fielder constantly giving the ball away again not a very convincing performance but we take the win and ride our luck 

Who was he supposed to bring on - Butterfield?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's just got a presence, an aura, something about him. He could score the winner or knock out their captain, whatever he does, he'll do it passionately.

And we all bloody love him, you should never underestimate how good it is to have a player that the fans love and relate to.

Being a football genius really helps too.

He represents everything this club should be about, and the way he led the team when he came on today was brilliant. Barking orders, telling people where to be. It wasn't too long ago when he was the one who had to be told but his determination to improve himself has been brilliant.

7 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Jake is decent cover (to say the least)

You were having a pop about the substitution. I reckon you are wrong on that. It was a perfectly reasonable change for our management to make imo.

(i also suspect you've probably seen worse defenders at DCFC than Jake.)

Claude Davis anyone?

10 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Jake is decent cover (to say the least)

You were having a pop about the substitution. I reckon you are wrong on that. It was a perfectly reasonable change for our management to make imo.

(i also suspect you've probably seen worse defenders at DCFC than Jake.)

Clod

Bragstad

Futcher

McAlle

Burns

Moreland

Streete

Powell

Konjic

etc etc

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hanson to the centre back position and Christie in at right back.......?

Hanson was utterly knackered.

The fact that you don't rate Buxton at all reveals all we need to know.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

Hanson was utterly knackered.

The fact that you don't rate Buxton at all reveals all we need to know.

Hanson utterly knackered is better than a talentless centre back, don't get me wrong Buxton has lots of passion and brings confidence to the pitch, but unfortunately confidence doesn't defend set pieces, skills do and this is what he lacks.

As a centre back he is a liability and might cost us points going into the run in.

I great bloke to help out coaching the kids and that's where he belongs. 

Buxton makes Keogh look like Bobby Moore!

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hanson utterly knackered is better than a talentless centre back, don't get me wrong Buxton has lots of passion and brings confidence to the pitch, but unfortunately confidence doesn't defend set pieces, skills do and this is what he lacks.

As a centre back he is a liability and might cost us points going into the run in.

I great bloke to help out coaching the kids and that's where he belongs. 

Buxton makes Keogh look like Bobby Moore!

Steady on you will get lynched saying stuff like that on here. 

I know people question his ability, but wasn't the Keogh - Buxton partnership responsible for a record number of clean sheets (or something along those lines) at one point. In any case I was really happy to see him back in a league game - I probably would have started him for this one just for his attitude.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

When he hangs up his boots we should find a role for him somehow in the club - just having him here is a great thing.

"Motivation and psychology coach" or something.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

I'd hope he goes into coaching and management - he is inspirational

He has completed some of his coaching badges whilst he was injured and I believe he was planning to continue onto the A licence next. I definitely think we should find a place for him somewhere in our setup - maybe give him a role with the youth teams.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Sorry but it's true, nice bloke, shame about the talent.......

I see what you are saying but let's be fair on the bloke. He was a regular in the play off final season and last season too. He is limited in ability and I am sure being the kind of person he is he would be the first to admit it. But I am pretty confident if there were more Jake Buxtons in football it would be in a better place now than it is. How many higher level footballers are so humble and greatful for what they do? Jake has been at the club for some time now and has never given anything less than 100%, and while I know that isn't enough on its own I would rather have a squad of players full of passion and desire than a team full of premadonnas and mercenaries like the fateful premiership season, Hossam Ghaly and Laurent Robert anyone??

Archived