Harry on Talksport today

nick_d

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Also said this during an interview today with BBC Radio Derby Sport: "The chairman spoke to Darren and he was quite happy for me to come in." 

Someone is telling porkies and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Does it really make sense for a bloke who is too proud and arrogant to admit it was his fault we lost to Rotherham really expected to be humble enough to go and tell a Chairman he needs someone to hold his hand? I don't think so...

Did we? Must have missed that 1.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren: I could do with a hand

Mel: I'll give Harry a call. If he doesn't we will get someone else to help out

That fits in with his statement.

Its a strength, not a weakness to ask for help. It takes balls. Although I think that Mel suggested it and Wassell agreed. 

Far too much analysis of the minutiae of every syllable spoken in order to jump an any inconsistency at all. Mel is either hogging the limelight or disrespecting fans by not being more communicative. Is it any wonder that we often just get soundbites?. It's just like politics: Modern 24 hour & social media is sucking the life out of both, becoming dull because everyone is so obsessed with being "on message". Pathetic really.

I sometimes long for simpler days when we had just the occasional article in the local paper for the latest club news.

Just watched the latest YouTube clip....He says Sunday morning Mel invited me for breakfast, I can remember asking where the feck are the sausages, next thing I have agreed to be Darren's Child minder for seven weeks, and we were dancing round the kitchen cigar in hand, signing I did it Mel's way.....

I may have paraphrased slightly, and not of this is true, just for clarity ;-)

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Also said this during an interview today with BBC Radio Derby Sport: "The chairman spoke to Darren and he was quite happy for me to come in." 

Someone is telling porkies and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Does it really make sense for a bloke who is too proud and arrogant to admit it was his fault we lost to Rotherham really expected to be humble enough to go and tell a Chairman he needs someone to hold his hand? I don't think so...

Could still easily fit with what Sam said, 

Wassall asked for extra help, correct me if I am wrong but Sam never said Wassall asked for Redknapp in particular.

Mel decides Harry is the way to go and still has to ask Wassall if he is happy for that man to be Harry.

No one really knows but he is here now so I say lets drop the witch hunt on every little thing. 

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Just watched the latest YouTube clip....He says Sunday morning Mel invited me for breakfast, I can remember asking where the feck are the sausages, next thing I have agreed to be Darren's Child minder for seven weeks, and we were dancing round the kitchen cigar in hand, signing I did it Mel's way.....

I may have paraphrased slightly, and not of this is true, just for clarity ;-)

I hope that you're not suggesting that Mel uses breakfasts as a cover brainwashing people are you?

36 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

My old man, said Wassall had a plan

I said **** off ******** it were Mel.

when a red red robin goes a bob bob bobbing.......

oops wrong thread !

1 hour ago, Ramchop said:

Darren: I could do with a hand

Mel: I'll give Harry a call. If he doesn't we will get someone else to help out

That fits in with his statement.

Its a strength, not a weakness to ask for help. It takes balls. Although I think that Mel suggested it and Wassell agreed. 

Mel: You could do with a hand

Wassall: Yes boss! Great idea boss!

Mel: How about Harry Redknapp?

Wassall: Fantastic choice boss! Brilliant choice boss! I can't wait to work with him boss! I love you boss!

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Mel  said, Sam said, Harry said, Wassell said....

Does it really ******* matter? Harry's here. End of.

Some of you could find a conspiracy theory stood alone in a telephone kiosk.

Absolutely spot on. Why do some people have to interrogate every single word people say? Maybe it wasn't DW's idea as Rush said, hardly the worst untruth I've heard and he probably said it so as avoid embarrassing DW. Let's just accept it, move on and get back to supporting the team instead of slagging of Mel/Darren/Sam/Tom/Dick and, of course Harry.

24 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Mel: You could do with a hand

Wassall: Yes boss! Great idea boss!

Mel: How about Harry Redknapp?

Wassall: Fantastic choice boss! Brilliant choice boss! I can't wait to work with him boss! I love you boss!

this would be awesome. Imagine having an employee that loyal and keen to work hard and impress!

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Absolutely spot on. Why do some people have to interrogate every single word people say? Maybe it wasn't DW's idea as Rush said, hardly the worst untruth I've heard and he probably said it so as avoid embarrassing DW. Let's just accept it, move on and get back to supporting the team instead of slagging of Mel/Darren/Sam/Tom/Dick and, of course Harry.

Take your point....but it's hard not to nit-pick when the PR message is all very considered, solid and clear - ie we'll give PC time, we're building a club ethos, The Derby Way, not promotion at any cost. 

I feel the reality is that PC was sacked pretty quickly, there were odd rushed Jan signings, DW was hardly given a chance before he 'asks' for Harry until end of season.

Reality seems to be totally at odds with the PR message.

No, doesn't really matter in some ways....but surely that's what a forum is for. Personally I'd say Harry should be manager till end of season..got slightly more chance of getting it permanently than DW.

Not slagging anyone off and can't wait for Saturday. Think they're in much more of a pickle and we will put them to the sword. 

Archived