Harry on Talksport today

nick_d

21 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

PC will be......

and in his shoes I would too.

Considering your opinion of Wassall was formulated before a ball was kicked under his management, it's fair to say your assessment of him may be way off the truth. I doubt very much PC can laugh at anyone turning around his relegation form into play off form. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Considering your opinion of Wassall was formulated before a ball was kicked under his management, it's fair to say your assessment of him may be way off the truth. I doubt very much PC can laugh at anyone turning around his relegation form into play off form. 

ten points from seven games is not play off form. Surely on that we can agree ? Nope ? Even ignoring the easier run of games......it takes a full season to points total of 66

It is not play off form.

and as PC delivered play off form, but was sacked for performances the metric has changed. Even Sam extolls the results on the Radio.

I am deeply concerned for our clubs future. DW was in all probability NOT the best available candidate. Non biased people would form opinion DW is not best person available.

fans would not have accepted DW as a Nigel replacement. And as an ex colleague very telling Nigel never placed him near the first team

4 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

ten points from seven games is not play off form. Surely on that we can agree ? Nope ? Even ignoring the easier run of games......it takes a full season to points total of 66

It is not play off form.

Agreed, very good point

and as PC delivered play off form, but was sacked for performances the metric has changed. Even Sam extolls the results on the Radio.

Again agreed, but the way I see it, the players are low on moral and need a couple of pick me up wins to get the juices flowing and for the most part last week we saw that, we just need to continue the 80 mins from last week for the next 9-12 games.

I am deeply concerned for our clubs future.

How is a short term manager/head coach/whatever going to damage the club long term?

DW was in all probability NOT the best available candidate. Non biased people would form opinion DW is not best person available.

Agreed, but what is available now might not be better than what is available in the summer.

fans would not have accepted DW as a Nigel replacement.

Who knows? Some would, some wouldn't, the same some that didn't accept Steve, and some didn't except PC, some still want Nigel to be manager.

And as an ex colleague very telling Nigel never placed him near the first team

The decision was made to put DW in charge of the academy and have it as a separate venture to the first team, so when Nigel left DW wouldn't be affected, making him part of the first team would have ended his stay with the club when Nigel left, and putting him in charge may have the brought a close to what was a decent period in the academy for stability. Which may not be a good thing, but until the time comes is another debate altogether.

Today of all days is not the time to drag up negative stuff about our club,I have faith that Mel will get it right as he has all of the facts as opposed to our rumours.

Harry will walk into that dressing room and give a Churchill inspiring talk that will see us smash the Red Dogs.

Come on you Raaaaaaams!

38 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

It is not play off form.

I am deeply concerned for our clubs future. DW was in all probability NOT the best available candidate. Non biased people would form opinion DW is not best person available.

fans would not have accepted DW as a Nigel replacement. And as an ex colleague very telling Nigel never placed him near the first team

Yes it is. Form is a temporary measure, and Wassall's form is about 5th or 6th currently, considering positions 3-6 are play off positions, his form is play off form, it's simple. Clement's form over his most recent number of games (the same amount you are judging DW on!) was 24th in the comparable form table. 

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

but his words were well chosen. To effect of "wish them well, whatever it is they want"

implication.....PC didn't know what we wanted. Which has been debated to death on here and in national press and TV shows

Or he wasn't prepared to do what Mel wanted, in other words he had his own agenda.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yes it is. Form is a temporary measure, and Wassall's form is about 5th or 6th currently, considering positions 3-6 are play off positions, his form is play off form, it's simple. Clement's form over his most recent number of games (the same amount you are judging DW on!) was 24th in the comparable form table. 

being better does not turn 66 into a higher number. Never will. We are not displaying promotion form nor results.

a win today will give us form runrate of 75 points...... 5th/6th. So would return us to what PC achieved

I am debated out with you. Even numerical facts zoom over your head, or more likely go into your head and get incorrectly processed.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Or he wasn't prepared to do what Mel wanted, in other words he had his own agenda.

100% agree. And we know, or are reliably told, PC was focussed promotion at all costs. Which is where with nine games I hope the full 100% focus currently lies

Just now, igorlegend said:

being better does not turn 66 into a higher number. Never will. We are not displaying promotion form nor results.

a win today will give us form runrate of 75 points...... 5th/6th. So would return us to what PC achieved

I am debated out with you. Even numerical facts zoom over your head, or more likely go into your head and get incorrectly processed.

How is a forecast a numerical fact? 

If you want to be realistic. Extrapolate the points gained in Clement's first 7 games and tell me if they totalled the same forecasted points as the forecast you just suggested Clement to get. 

If you're going to use forecasts, at least be consistent. 

37 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

How is a forecast a numerical fact? 

If you want to be realistic. Extrapolate the points gained in Clement's first 7 games and tell me if they totalled the same forecasted points as the forecast you just suggested Clement to get. 

If you're going to use forecasts, at least be consistent. 

you are content. World at peace. You can try all kinds of comparisons. Clement first games with no Will, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield. Compare them if you like.

I am telling you that in no way is ten points from seven games promotion form. It is not. It is a fact that it does not equate to promotion form. The only thing you can do is extrapolate it to a likely total after 46 games. You cannot bend it to look at the teams we have played etc and their position as too complicated. Simply....we are not displaying play off form based in last seven games results. Now I am off. Never to read your posts again as biased people with no ability to step back and re consider I have no time for. Sadly, I never knew you were this stubborn. Enjoy game, hopefully the result too. Ciao, much love

40 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

you are content. World at peace. You can try all kinds of comparisons. Clement first games with no Will, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield. Compare them if you like.

I am telling you that in no way is ten points from seven games promotion form. It is not. It is a fact that it does not equate to promotion form. The only thing you can do is extrapolate it to a likely total after 46 games. You cannot bend it to look at the teams we have played etc and their position as too complicated. Simply....we are not displaying play off form based in last seven games results. Now I am off. Never to read your posts again as biased people with no ability to step back and re consider I have no time for. Sadly, I never knew you were this stubborn. Enjoy game, hopefully the result too. Ciao, much love

I think what @Mostyn6 is saying is, currently the form table for the last 6 games has us 6th, so compared to how the rest of the division is playing we are in play off form. Over the course of the season it wouldn't be enough but with everyone else is performing it would be.

Lies, dam lies and statistics.

Just for proof http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think what @Mostyn6 is saying is, currently the form table for the last 6 games has us 6th, so compared to how the rest of the division is playing we are in play off form. Over the course of the season it wouldn't be enough but with everyone else is performing it would be.

Lies, dam lies and statistics.

Just for proof http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

don't bother Rynny lol. I am laughing that someone who made his mind up about Wassall before a ball was kicked is criticising me for being unable to step back and reconsider things! Well, my mind on Wassall isn't made up yet, it's too soon for me. He's not bought his own players and has been in the job 5 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't bother Rynny lol. I am laughing that someone who made his mind up about Wassall before a ball was kicked is criticising me for being unable to step back and reconsider things! Well, my mind on Wassall isn't made up yet, it's too soon for me. He's not bought his own players and has been in the job 5 weeks. 

I like to defend the undefendable though mos :p

Archived