Harry on Talksport today

nick_d

Realistically it would never be Wassall's idea. It would give out completely the wrong message. It would literally be him telling the board I can't do this on my own and I'm out of my depth, get someone in to hold my hand.

What it also essentially says to Wassall from the board is we made a mistake and you won't be getting the job. We would look silly to replace you after what has been said, so instead we will bring an "advisor" in for you. If we end up getting promoted, it'll be thanks for him. He'll get the praise. If we don't, then never mind. The advisor will leave, you can take up your position with the U21s and Academy, and a new guy will come in to lead the first team.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

couldn't you have posted this in the Harry Redknapp thread?

It might have been more convenient for some to post it in the fag end of the other thread, where it might of got little viewing as an "old news thread". I think it is quite revealing, although no doubt Arry will soon be on message. He soon will fear Mel's number coming up on his mobile as much as the tax mans.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

so Rush was lying then saying it was DW's idea, which we all knew it wasnt!! why didn't he just tell the truth in the first place? 

reason? Sam does as Mel said. Mel told Sam it was waffles idea.

Poor Sam I say. But not in the literal sense :-)

1 hour ago, toldu said:

Said      

he will be sitting upstairs on match days..............

Hope he has a phone !!!!

waffle don't even agree un Hindsight his sub of CDM for a striker was wrong.....dont think Harry can change waffle's mind after the event, never mind at the time. Anyway waffle had Lyons and Short in situ ....so Harry outvoted, although maybe phone votes count double.

Call it spin all you want... I still think Darren is largely doing the job on his own, and theres a reason modern day coaches have a team around them, Its just too much to do on your own with media duties, coaching with players, talking to players individually, analysis of opposition, regular if not daily meetings with owner etc

54 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

He can sit where he wants, as long as he's in the dressing room before the game and at half time.

with a webcam on his head so Mel can get live interactive game play with his puppet boss..."harry, NOW.....clip him round ear...and tell shacks to stop showing DW his 'arris"

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

"I met Darren the other day and I know it's difficult as a manager, you don't necessarily want someone else in but the chairman said if Harry doesn't come in then somebody else will, he was going to bring somebody in."

Hahahaha. I love that the first thing he does since stepping in is undermine everything the chief executive told the fans. This is going to be entertaining at the very least! 

Also said this during an interview today with BBC Radio Derby Sport: "The chairman spoke to Darren and he was quite happy for me to come in." 

Someone is telling porkies and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Does it really make sense for a bloke who is too proud and arrogant to admit it was his fault we lost to Rotherham really expected to be humble enough to go and tell a Chairman he needs someone to hold his hand? I don't think so...

TBF .... I need an alternative perspective from a fan who finds positive in all things Mel....Mostyn/Eddie.....any views on poor Sam apparently being not upto speed as per Harry.

actually not as worried about Saturday now. I have these comic events to amuse me.

15 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

TBF .... I need an alternative perspective from a fan who finds positive in all things Mel....Mostyn/Eddie.....any views on poor Sam apparently being not upto speed as per Harry.

actually not as worried about Saturday now. I have these comic events to amuse me.

If you want to know what i think, listen to the podcast 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Rush said, regarding touchline, that that would be up to Harry and he wouldn't know where he went. He was pretty clear about that. If that's what you're latter comment is aimed at, 

if not I agree that Harry saying DW might not even want him there is interesting.

Sorry pal should of elaborated a bit better you are right though, In the second part I was talking about DW might not wanting him there. All fun and games at the moment!

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Also said this during an interview today with BBC Radio Derby Sport: "The chairman spoke to Darren and he was quite happy for me to come in." 

Someone is telling porkies and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Does it really make sense for a bloke who is too proud and arrogant to admit it was his fault we lost to Rotherham really expected to be humble enough to go and tell a Chairman he needs someone to hold his hand? I don't think so...

I don't mind a bit of negativity, but ffs don't go changing the results of games just to back up your point :whistle:

Archived