Harry on Talksport today

nick_d

Arry just said on Sky that he will not be on the bench and will sit in the stand and he will not be in contact with Wassell during the match at any time.

I thought he was gonna ensure we don't do another Rotherham and shut up shop if we need to , but that's not gonna happen if he's stuck up in the stand.

He also said he would have no  bearing over the team sheet and is only here for Wassell to contact him if he feels he needs advice .

I really thought he would be on the bench and have an active input on match days . I can't really see the point otherwise .

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good a place as any to put this.

He said: "I've been watching football still and doing work for BT Sport but I'm glad to be back in the day-to-day. I had a buzz this morning getting up.

"I got a phone call at the weekend and just asked what was the situation with the manager. I was told Darren wanted me to come in and help out and be another pair of eyes for him, with a bit of experience.

http://sport.bt.com/football/news/harry-redknapp-hoping-to-give-rams-the-push-they-need-S11364046675473

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

As good a place as any to put this.

He said: "I've been watching football still and doing work for BT Sport but I'm glad to be back in the day-to-day. I had a buzz this morning getting up.

"I got a phone call at the weekend and just asked what was the situation with the manager. I was told Darren wanted me to come in and help out and be another pair of eyes for him, with a bit of experience.

http://sport.bt.com/football/news/harry-redknapp-hoping-to-give-rams-the-push-they-need-S11364046675473

Never mind that old $h1te, congratulations on becoming a mod mate, good choice by the powers that be. :thumbsup:

Ay up, just noticed Srg an'all, congrats mate.

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Mel  said, Sam said, Harry said, Wassell said....

Does it really ******* matter? Harry's here. End of.

Some of you could find a conspiracy theory stood alone in a telephone kiosk.

I'm convinced that the usual suspects are hoping that it goes very badly wrong for Mel, Wassall, Harry, Derby, Keogh, the tea lady, Mostyn, Daveo, various random pork butchers who sell little product to Moor Farm and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all - so they can say "I told you so".

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Also said this during an interview today with BBC Radio Derby Sport: "The chairman spoke to Darren and he was quite happy for me to come in." 

Someone is telling porkies and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Does it really make sense for a bloke who is too proud and arrogant to admit it was his fault we lost to Rotherham really expected to be humble enough to go and tell a Chairman he needs someone to hold his hand? I don't think so...

We didn't lose to Rotherham, so you have just been hoist with your own petard.

:)

4 hours ago, igorlegend said:

TBF .... I need an alternative perspective from a fan who finds positive in all things Mel....Mostyn/Eddie.....any views on poor Sam apparently being not upto speed as per Harry.

actually not as worried about Saturday now. I have these comic events to amuse me.

I want sausages before I answer any loaded questions.

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I hope that you're not suggesting that Mel uses breakfasts as a cover brainwashing people are you?

Tabasco isn't enough to do that with me. Next time, I'm going to demand Dr Burnorium's Psycho Juice - then I will agree to anything.

As I said earlier in the thread, it sounds like Harry is here as eyes and ears to see what the players are up to and will put a report together of who the good/bad eggs are and who is good enough for the squad.

Plus if any player shows the utter disrespect like the pratt Shackell did at the weekend there will be someone with the respect like Harry to clip him round the ear and kick up the arse.

Whatever his role, it is a good move by the club.  Especially as he isn't going to be spending any money, so we get the best that Redknapp has to offer and we won't be bankrupt at the end.

He sits where he wants, he sits where he wants, he's Harry Redknapp he sits where he wants.

kin ell, we stuff Forest he can sit on Mels knee, it really doesn't matter so long as in any way he helps improve us in the next 9 weeks or so.

41 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Never mind that old $h1te, congratulations on becoming a mod mate, good choice by the powers that be. :thumbsup:

Ay up, just noticed Srg an'all, congrats mate.

Arse kisser! 

Safe in the knowledge I'm on his ignore list, but will derive satisfaction if someone quotes this and he sees it!

Aw diddums, call me what you like, if being pleased rynny and Srg's contribution to the forum has been recognised makes me  an arse kisser, so be it. 

Hang on, I'll just check how concerned I am what you think of me on the give-a-damn-o-meter, be right back

Give-a-damn-o-meter-w-mike-hart.gif

Hmm, thought as much. :lol:

4 hours ago, eddie said:

I want sausages before I answer any loaded questions.

well seems like Harry was called Sunday morning, so maybe sausages were cooking

5 hours ago, Jortat said:

Arry just said on Sky that he will not be on the bench and will sit in the stand and he will not be in contact with Wassell during the match at any time.

I thought he was gonna ensure we don't do another Rotherham and shut up shop if we need to , but that's not gonna happen if he's stuck up in the stand.

He also said he would have no  bearing over the team sheet and is only here for Wassell to contact him if he feels he needs advice .

I really thought he would be on the bench and have an active input on match days . I can't really see the point otherwise .

welcome to the Mel diversion .... Working well, until Harry chatters freely.

The plan has evolved into "get waffle safe" Started as get promote playing nice footy.

Waffle must now keep promise to stay until end of season.

I just hope I get to see Will play for us again!! Highlight of season

11 hours ago, Ramos said:

Could still easily fit with what Sam said, 

Wassall asked for extra help, correct me if I am wrong but Sam never said Wassall asked for Redknapp in particular.

Mel decides Harry is the way to go and still has to ask Wassall if he is happy for that man to be Harry.

No one really knows but he is here now so I say lets drop the witch hunt on every little thing. 

If you ask a philosopher who studies deceptive behaviors like lying and BS (fun fact: there is indeed a book titled On Bull ****), he would tell you that Rush's Redknapp story is a lie. 

On the other hand, Rush's FFP Story fits the classic definition of deception, at least in the way DET reported his spin: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-inside-Financial-Fair-Play-guidlines/story-28933263-detail/story.html#ixzz43442DZKM

Further reading for those interested:

https://users.cs.cf.ac.uk/CaminadaM/publications/dishonesty.pdf

15 hours ago, Ramchop said:

Darren: I could do with a hand

Mel: I'll give Harry a call. If he doesn't we will get someone else to help out

That fits in with his statement.

Its a strength, not a weakness to ask for help. It takes balls. Although I think that Mel suggested it and Wassell agreed. 

Glad I am not the only one who noticed that.

Definitely fits in with the statement but unfortunately does not for in with some poster's agendas.

Archived