Harry on Talksport today

nick_d

http://talksport.com/football/im-here-get-derby-county-promoted-harry-redknapp-exclusive-joint-rams-and-jordan

(slightly misleading title in the URL as Harry never actually says that)

0.59 seconds in HR in response to a question about this weekend's game  "Yeah, Notts Forest Saturday" LOL

Some interesting snippets.

I can remember a Radio Derby interview with Mel  when DW was announced as Manager where  MM said that after 5-6 games  he would be able to ascertain how well DW was doing. In which case good on him for:

1 - Acknowledging upfront that DW might struggle in the role;

2 - Bringing in an Old Head to deal with the situation.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He never says that.

"I met Darren the other day and I know it's difficult as a manager, you don't necessarily want someone else in but the chairman said if Harry doesn't come in then somebody else will, he was going to bring somebody in."

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

"I met Darren the other day and I know it's difficult as a manager, you don't necessarily want someone else in but the chairman said if Harry doesn't come in then somebody else will, he was going to bring somebody in."

Missed that out, sorry.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There's another thread with this link, that should itself have not been created. 

:p 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

My bad!

Merged the threads.

Was expecting it to be your thread @SaintRam, not normally one that is slow off the mark with new stories :p

Sam Rush said it was Wassalls idea, which sounded a bit odd. 

The fact Harry has contradicted him is a bit poor, they should have got their story straight before speaking to the media.

It kinda confirms what we have suspected, Harry has come in to replace Wassall but so everyone saves face it is advertised as "helping Wassall who requested it"

Lies will always catch up with you in the end.

Just now, Ashz09 said:

I was hoping he was on the touchline. Funny how he goes against what Rush said...

Rush said, regarding touchline, that that would be up to Harry and he wouldn't know where he went. He was pretty clear about that. If that's what you're latter comment is aimed at, 

if not I agree that Harry saying DW might not even want him there is interesting.

1 minute ago, toldu said:

Said      

he will be sitting upstairs on match days..............

Hope he has a phone !!!!

Mac said that for his first game, only took him 45 minutes to realise that DW was out his depth.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Hard to see it as anything other than lying from Rush the other day then, not surprising but rarely go you get such proof

I am glad he'll be in the stands .. He'll get a fans eye view of the bigger picture. its going to be very interesting to see what influence he has. What a baptism though :D

do you get a badge fr 500 posts ? 

Archived