Steve McClaren

BBG83

39 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Could today be the day that old Mac get the sack?

According to The Telegraph it could well be!

If this does come to pass, how long before he is linked with our vacancy?

Srg and Daveo want him back .

Podcast sensation. 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it looks as though from all reports that McLaren will be sacked by Newcastle Utd before the day is out.

That must surely be the end for him when it comes to a future management career in the top two tiers of English football.

I don't know what it is with McLaren as throughout his career in management he is either very successful for a good period of games or just very unsuccessful in a good period of games. There's no inbetween it seems, all very strange. 

It does seem the biggest problem with the man wherever he's been, is when things do go wrong they go wrong massively & he never seems to be clever enough to find a solution to the problem.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

again, this is an accusation. Not based on fact.

well he went there. Shame really.

And it would take some pretty large pinch of salt to believe he hadn't made contact with them.

in fact I'm sure he did.

Just now, RIMBAUD said:

well he went there. Shame really.

And it would take some pretty large pinch of salt to believe he hadn't made contact with them.

in fact I'm sure he did.

yes, he was sacked by Derby County after bringing the joy back to the masses, and ended up unemployed after TWICE turning down the chance to speak to Newcastle.

I read this yesterday and found it interesting, Jermaine Jenas's view of McClaren. Too long to copy, but a good insight I thought.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jermaine-jenas-exclusive--why-top-coach-mcclaren-is-failing-as-a-manager-115414430.html;_ylt=As0AXQgUFWD4iGZULsyvRXAxg4t4;_ylu=X3oDMTFjM21iZGViBG1pdAMEcG9zAzgEc2VjA01lZGlhR3JhbmRTbGFtRW50aXR5TWl4ZWRMaXN0;_ylg=X3oDMTBhY2IwdWc5BGxhbmcDZW4tR0I-;_ylv=3

So, problem solved. Get a hard nut manager, and Steve back to coach the team.

Just now, Wolfie said:

Can someone tell me what's the difference between a Head coach (if you don't have a Manager as well) - and a Manager, in terms of their role with the players.

Many Managers aren't very hands on with players, just watch training from a distance. Majority of Head Coaches don't do much per the running of the club. 

It seems this "good coach not a manager" tag is the way to be in the news now. Whether you've played for him, worked with him or not. 

Interestingly he's had a better management career than an awful lot of 'real' managers. 

Harry Redknapp more of a coach than manager too? 

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I find it amazing that some posters are actually suggesting he come back here for the last 10 games......

well to be fair according to 'transfer market' his ppm here was 1.85 so that would probably be enough for a play off place... ;)

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Harry Redknapp more of a coach than manager too? 

Harry redknapp didn't do any coaching. He was a manager who liked to have control of transfers.

His dog was the brains of the operation.

Archived