Steve McClaren

BBG83

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thanks, he's done a fantastic job for us but not right for us going forwards. I believe Mel made it clear that he wasn't invested in Derby County and doesn't fit the profile of manager that Derby is now looking for.

Wish him all the best though.

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"just wait here love, I've got a date tonight and I want to see what she's like before I dump you. Best make us some snap and leave it on the cooker anyway, and change the bedding, i'll text you if i'm bringing her back"

It's a year later...you're both single again..*well you're pretending to happy with the nice solid boring fella you're stuck with ....a mutual friend introduces you again..the old magic is still there. And Christ knows  you've spent the last year boring everyone with how great he was...

'Look I was an idiot to look elsewhere , I know that now.. she looked great but she was totally mental and lets be honest, she had been with every one. ...'

'Yeh....but I can be controlling and I maybe didn't appreciate what I had...'

'Shall we try again..?'

'OK ..just don't rush me into anything permanent...let's see how it goes...'

(Big grin) 'yeh...of course...by the way it didn't take you long to move on' 

'Don't start..'

7 minutes ago, Shang said:

No thanks, he's done a fantastic job for us but not right for us going forwards. I believe Mel made it clear that he wasn't invested in Derby County and doesn't fit the profile of manager that Derby is now looking for.

Wish him all the best though.

I wonder who will be invested in Derby County as a project though. I mean Mel is a fan of Derby which is why he cares so much about us. But I get the feeling he is almost looking for the same in a manager hence the Clement comparison to Ferguson. I just can't see there being many if any managers out there that would be passionate about being with Derby for the long haul. Certainly no one I don't think who would be good enough to get us promoted and then stick with us. I think the only manager who would of probably stayed with us no matter what was probably Nigel, but for many people including myself overall we just weren't good enough and progress on the pitch was very minimal over quite a long space of time. 

I just don't think Mel is going to find what he's looking for in terms of passion and commitment from most managers. And if any do, how is he supposed to know that they aren't doing what Clement did? Agree in the interview process and say the right things but then just do his own thing once he's got the job. Would Mel then sack the next manager as well for not being as committed? 

23 minutes ago, curtains said:

not always greener.

He was sacked after saying he didn't want to leave Derby. I don't understand this mass delusion Derby fans are afflicted with. Simply repeating a lie ad nauseum doesn't make it true.

So he's been sacked by Newcastle. What an up & down career that man has had, mostly down's I must add.

Well, if I was a Norwich or Sunderland supporter I'd be rather disappointed today at McLaren's dismissal. Why ?. Well if the rumours are true & Benitez is set to  take over, I would think he's almost certain to keep them up this season. As should he fail I can't see Benitez as a manager in the Championship next season can you ?.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

He was sacked after saying he didn't want to leave Derby. I don't understand this mass delusion Derby fans are afflicted with. Simply repeating a lie ad nauseum doesn't make it true.

If that's the case I agree so why did Derby sack him then  

Mel sacked him  .

1 minute ago, curtains said:

If that's the case I agree so why did Derby sack him then

Mel sacked him  .

I couldn't say. His sacking came as a surprise to me, even more so than Clement's. I still thought McClaren was the right man to take us forwards.

Archived