Steve McClaren

BBG83

McClaren has been sacked by 2 bad owners,in this country,he surely wouldn't come back to the 1st one. Anyway our owner has probably sorted the next coach. As soon as he is announced,Mostyn will be on here telling us what a brilliant choice it is and what a genius our owner is.Nothing so sad as a poacher turned gamekeeper. 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, top 6 finish said:

McClaren has been sacked by 2 bad owners,in this country,he surely wouldn't come back to the 1st one. Anyway our owner has probably sorted the next coach. As soon as he is announced,Mostyn will be on here telling us what a brilliant choice it is and what a genius our owner is.Nothing so sad as a poacher turned gamekeeper. 

Re Steve McLaren; I wouldn't confuse the batsh@t crazy rambling's on here with anything to do with reality.

There's about as much chance of Brian Clough coming back as there is Steve McLaren.

1 minute ago, scarboroughwa said:

Re Steve McLaren; I wouldn't confuse the batsh@t crazy rambling's on here with anything to do with reality.

There's about as much chance of Brian Clough coming back as there is Steve McLaren.

So you're saying I shouldn't dig out my Mark Morrison LP?

6 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Why would I?

I don't think Wassall is a brilliant choice, I am just a better human than you and believe he deserves respect and a chance to prove himself.

I wouldn't have chosen him myself, but then again I wouldn't have sacked McClaren.

Wassall impressed me at breakfast, I admit that, and like some here think Clement will go on to be successful, I have no reason to think Wassall cannot match him.

Would I have appointed him? No. Do I think Mel is doing the right thing? NO. But I do understand and respect his reasons.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why would I?

I don't think Wassall is a brilliant choice, I am just a better human than you and believe he deserves respect and a chance to prove himself.

I wouldn't have chosen him myself, but then again I wouldn't have sacked McClaren.

Wassall impressed me at breakfast, I admit that, and like some here think Clement will go on to be successful, I have no reason to think Wassall cannot match him.

Would I have appointed him? No. Do I think Mel is doing the right thing? NO. But I do understand and respect his reasons.

So in reality like I would say the majority, you are NOT a happy bunny. :-)

I'd have McClaren back like a shot.

McClaren would never come back to Derby under Mel Morris, the rumours of Stevie being peeved with Morris interfering were in the papers around mid season last year. I think those rumours were confirmed this season with Clement.

Morris didn't like the way McClaren operated and McClaren didn't like an interfering chairman, so why would they get back together? 

2 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Just gutted that Steve was sacked before he got Newcastle relagated. What a **** he throw a great job at Derby away. Deserves all has got.

I'm going to learn how to code and write a bot that will scan the forum and post "He was sacked!" every time someone makes a post like this.

11 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

of course I am not happy. I want things to be like they were this time 2 years ago when we'd just done Forest 5-0 and the fans and club were united.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why would I?

1 hour ago, Ovis aries said:

That's the thing the feet stampers don't seem to understand when they start calling us Mel's minions. I think between  us we all came away with concerns unsettled. 

Like Mostyn, I think Mac was the man. I don't think Wassall is.

But unlike the feet stampers we can't be respectful or patient without being labeled brainwashed. We can't even say we agree with the philosophy we almost all agreed with in the summer without being in Mel's pocket. 

Darren Wassall has done some good work with that academy. He's spent years at the club. For that it would be nice to give him some respect.

And inside what, 6 games, it may be enough to say "know what, don't think this is the guy", but it hasn't got us trying to burn his house down either.

And it's nothing to do with going for breakfast. It's to do with not being a baby who's lost their dummy. 

Maybe if people, I'm starting to assume jealous people, actually read what is written on here and in newspapers and listened to interviews they might realise there's good and bad being acknowledged. But they're too busy jumping up and down screaming "I want"

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I'm going to learn how to code and write a bot that will scan the forum and post "He was sacked!" every time someone makes a post like this.

You'd be wasting your time. 

We don't want promotion and Steve McClaren resigned. That's Forum Way. People know the truth but it works better if you just twist the truth to fit your angle. 

Archived