Steve McClaren

BBG83

19 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

Oakland never won the World Series, alas, though they have certainly outperformed expectations by finding players the market undervalues.

The Moneyball-inspired baseball team that has succeeded most has probably been the Boston Red Sox - owned by... the same people who own Liverpool FC.

I'm an As fan - have been for many a year - and billy beane is a total donkey - ruining a championship bound team with a spectacularly incompetent sequence of trades where he decided to go for it and bought in hired guns such as Jon lester and some other donkey pitchers and traded the heart of the team in Cespedes and the teams future in Shortstop Addison Russell. Now my As are a joke. Disrupting the chemistry of a tight group who play with passion was something beane never understands ... Sounds familiar huh? 

And we did win the World Series when we beat the Giants during that earthquake series ... And historically are one of the most successful franchises in baseball ... 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, unclej said:

They hate him in Newcastle. No faith at all in anything he does.

But they hate all their managers, most of their players, everyone elses players, anyone from further south than them, anyone from further north than them, anyone who doesn't talk like them, anyone who doesn't look like them, anyone who looks at them.....

other than that they are happy as larry.

15 hours ago, RamNut said:

But they hate all their managers, most of their players, everyone elses players, anyone from further south than them, anyone from further north than them, anyone who doesn't talk like them, anyone who doesn't look like them, anyone who looks at them.....

You misses people from Sunderland.

17 hours ago, RamNut said:

They are not that good-natured,actually.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 07:22, Alpha said:

We boo draws, abuse players and their wives on twitter, Keogh felt the need to go and defend himself against some abuse in the stand. We chant formations and boo substitutes. 

I remember Dawkins coming on at Bournemouth to boos. Coming on to boos!! 

Whatever Newcastle fans are, we don't look like saints next to them. 

When was the last time we didn't boo at the ipro

I don't agree.All clubs have fans that will boo from time to time.In Newcastle its almost a religion,its compulsory.

Schteve getting some unwelcome publicity on the BBC website, Billy is in there as well!

Here's some of the possible contenders for our worst Premier League manager debate - remember we're taking into account who they managed and how much they spent, not just a win percentage.  

Steve McClaren has spent £85m at Newcastle so far with a win rate of 21% - narrowly better than short-term bosses John Carver and Joe Kinnear.

Roy Hodgson spent the same amount at Liverpool, but only managed to win 35% of his games.

Steve Kean had a 22% win rate in the Premier League at Blackburn after spending £60m.

Billy Davies won 7% of his Premier League games with Derby after a £14m spend before getting the boot.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

According to the toon faithful, Sunderland are dirty cockneys man. Even folk in Gateshead are considered Southerners, such is the myopic Geordie mentality. 

Hence why Shearer can take them down and it's wiped from the history books. Ironically it's been 'cockneys' who've been there best managers recently.

Looking at the circus of toon, if a so called decent manager goes there, then surely he loses any credibility. 

34 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Schteve getting some unwelcome publicity on the BBC website, Billy is in there as well!

Here's some of the possible contenders for our worst Premier League manager debate - remember we're taking into account who they managed and how much they spent, not just a win percentage.  

Steve McClaren has spent £85m at Newcastle so far with a win rate of 21% - narrowly better than short-term bosses John Carver and Joe Kinnear.

Roy Hodgson spent the same amount at Liverpool, but only managed to win 35% of his games.

Steve Kean had a 22% win rate in the Premier League at Blackburn after spending £60m.

Billy Davies won 7% of his Premier League games with Derby after a £14m spend before getting the boot.

Dont forget that Billy was 'hung out to dry' with his paltry £14m or so.

McClaren is a very good coach,working under a quality manager,who makes all the footballing decisions. 

and leaves him to look after the players.

Alternatively working under a quality director of football,,At Derby at the end recruitment,and control of players failed him In his first season the squad was assembled,and he worked his magic,It was only when changes needed to be made things fell apart,

Recruitment and discipline.let Clements down,and i feel will let Wassall down., 

As in all trades you need a skilled professional in charge of footballing decisions 

Their is a big difference in job decription between Manager-------Head-Coach

3 hours ago, trevor1946 said:

McClaren is a very good coach,working under a quality manager,who makes all the footballing decisions. 

and leaves him to look after the players.

Alternatively working under a quality director of football,,At Derby at the end recruitment,and control of players failed him In his first season the squad was assembled,and he worked his magic,It was only when changes needed to be made things fell apart,

Recruitment and discipline.let Clements down,and i feel will let Wassall down., 

As in all trades you need a skilled professional in charge of footballing decisions 

Their is a big difference in job decription between Manager-------Head-Coach

you keep spouting this stuff without saying what YOUR opinion is.

Whenever I need a good cheer up and to smile about Mac's progress, I have a few moments listening to the True Geordie on You Tube.  He was in fine form again this weekend, unlike his beloved Mags. I do so hope that Mac gets two more games so a) Leicester get another 3 points and b) the True Geordie can skewer him after they lose at home to Sunderland. Be careful what you wish for Stevie lad.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Whenever I need a good cheer up and to smile about Mac's progress, I have a few moments listening to the True Geordie on You Tube. 

Parental Advisory Explicit Lyrics

New message Steve.mcclaren@nufc.fkd.up Subject Hi Mel, I got you that reference to accompany my application for the opportunity to become head coach at DCFC BFF :) <3

Archived